PDA

View Full Version : Sig 220ST

azerious
02-24-2016, 05:08 PM
I have an opportunity to trade my RTF2 G17 with gills straight across for an older Sig 220ST .45acp

Any info on these?

plus If these ever need a new extractor (since they are internal) are they easy to replace/buy?

HCM
02-24-2016, 05:52 PM
I have an opportunity to trade my RTF2 G17 with gills straight across for an older Sig 220ST .45acp

Any info on these?

plus If these ever need a new extractor (since they are internal) are they easy to replace/buy?

There are several versions of these. Early ones had a proprietary rail and internal extractor. Later ones had the standard SIG rail. The interlace extractor was eventually swapped for the short external extractor on the later guns.

I had one, a red box / factory CPO with the internal extractor and standard rail. Mine ran but there were enough problems with the internal extractors on these that gray guns developed an improved replacement. I believe they do require some fitting rather than being a drop in part.

If you do some searching on here or on pistol training.com, I believe Todd discussed shooting a P220 ST in competition when he worked at Sig.

Kimura
02-24-2016, 07:41 PM
Definitely do a search on this forum. There have been a couple of really good discussions on the P220, both stainless and alloy. John Hearne carries one for work and I remember getting some really good information on them from some of his posts as well as TLG's posts.

azerious
02-24-2016, 07:50 PM
ETA:

gun had serious issues upon inspection. pass i did thanks guys