PDA

View Full Version : Thinest holster for the Glock 43 while doing what the JMCK George does?

JustOneGun
02-20-2016, 01:21 PM
I currently use a JMCK "George" for my Glock 19. For me it is almost the perfect holster. I plan on buying the "George" for the 43 in standard length, mid sweat guard, no extra tuck and the neoprene option.

The only way this holster would be "totally" perfect for me is if there would be a way to remove the split belt loop and move the loops to either side of the pistol without adding giant wings while still keeping the ability of the holster to give the slight rotational tucking of the gun butt. This would be perfect and make the holster as thin as is possible.

Is there such an animal?

FYI if the right side of the holster is extended by more than 3/4 of an inch past the trigger guard to accomplish this then it will be a no go, as the wing would be on my pelvic bone. Also if the changes I've described lose that rotational tucking of the gun butt then it would be a no go (heck without that rotation it would just be an iwb with a sponge attached to it.)

JustOneGun
02-20-2016, 05:45 PM
I'm thinking of something like the f3 but have no idea how the grip might not tuck?

breakingtime91
02-20-2016, 05:50 PM
I'm thinking of something like the f3 but have no idea how the grip might not tuck?

have you asked JM if he can try what your asking?

MD7305
02-20-2016, 05:50 PM
Ask Tony with JMCK, he's great to work with and might be able to make exactly what you're looking for.

GJM
02-20-2016, 06:00 PM
Tony made something like that for my 43, and I use a small bit of foam for tuck.

orionz06
02-20-2016, 07:51 PM
What you're seeking sounds a little off... It sounds like you want a belt wedge holster with just a little wedge and that'd be really all you needed. Even an extension on the slide might be enough, that's working for most everyone now.

I'd just see if Tony could make what you wanted. Not to speak for him but I'd guess that it wouldn't be too far from normal to make that exact thing.

JustOneGun
02-20-2016, 08:00 PM
Well what I want might not be doable. LOL. Not a real big deal as I will just order another George. I was just thinking through if there was something engineered to rotate the handle in alla a wedge but still moving the belt loops off of the front of the holster and to the sides thus making it slightly wider but as thin as possible at the belt line.

Of course this isn't a substitute for the George. I will be buying that on Monday when I figure out just exactly how I want it for the small pistol. Thinking .08 material with the proper position holes that I want. I was just thinking of buying another holster to play around with. If it is a single stack pistol, why not try to get the thinnest holster possible while still being concealable by tucking the grip? Again I may be asking too much as a holster and it's maker can only do so much.

Tony Mayer
02-20-2016, 08:13 PM
JustOneGun, always happy to help. Are you wanting a single loop on each side of the pistol? If you want just one attachment method without adding a wing under the trigger guard, that's a fairly simple design. You can always email me at sales@jmcustomkydex.com as well.

Thanks

JustOneGun
02-20-2016, 08:32 PM
JustOneGun, always happy to help. Are you wanting a single loop on each side of the pistol? If you want just one attachment method without adding a wing under the trigger guard, that's a fairly simple design. You can always email me at sales@jmcustomkydex.com as well.

Thanks

You would think that after owning a JMCK and reading a ton of posts about them I would have learned to, "Just email Tony first". Oh well no one every said I was a smart man.

You might be right and getting a single rigid loop on the sight side of the holster might be perfect and just leave the holster body the same, thus wedging the grip in as perfect as it already does with my G19. With a 5 stitch belt which I use the fixed loop will probably keep the grip from dipping too much and if it does I can use my older belt with the polymer insert.

Other holster designs have this configuration but what I usually see is due to the angle of the loop the edge of the single loop sticks up just as tall (if not taller) as putting it on the front like you already do. Thus eliminating any concealment benefit. I'll think on it and email you on Monday with a couple pics to see if we are on the same page.

Thanks

GJM
02-20-2016, 08:48 PM
I think some tuck is important even with the 43, if you want better concealment than from a 19 sized pistol in an optimal design.

orionz06
02-20-2016, 08:52 PM
I think some tuck is important even with the 43, if you want better concealment than from a 19 sized pistol in an optimal design.

If the gun is at a normal ride height, yes. The G43 needs something. If you drop the G43 down to where it's a little bit of a chore you can eliminate the need for anything but it's slow.

The G42 and Shield seem to need less though.

JustOneGun
02-21-2016, 09:58 AM
Tony made something like that for my 43, and I use a small bit of foam for tuck.

Is the loop on the sight channel? If so does the top portion of the hardware sit flush with the outside of the holster body? Or does the edge stick up. If not I will just go with the rigid split loop that I have on the G19 George. It's fairly thin. If I can't totally get rid of the thickness of the hardware then I will just keep what I know works for me.

JustOneGun
02-21-2016, 10:10 AM
If the gun is at a normal ride height, yes. The G43 needs something. If you drop the G43 down to where it's a little bit of a chore you can eliminate the need for anything but it's slow.

The G42 and Shield seem to need less though.

I don't worry about the tuck portion for this project as I am trying to find the smallest footprint in length and depth(thin). I will try Tony's tuck kit and if it doesn't work I will make something that works. I had no problem with keeping homemade tuck spacers in place when I experimented with AIWB.

Because I will be trekking up and down mountains 20+ miles per day for a month at a time I don't want the extra length on this holster. And I also will be trekking through or should I say with NPE's type people. Otherwise I would just buy a George with the split loop and call it good. Which of course I still might. It is the best most comfortable holster I have every worn.

MGW
02-21-2016, 11:13 AM
Orionz's minimal clip on holster is extremely thin also. I had one when I experimented with the 43. Bought it for gi pants and sweats and ended up using it for everything. Great low pro holster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk