PDA

View Full Version : KytexGear Mag Pouches - 1.75 belt size only?

ubervic
10-10-2011, 06:21 PM
Time for me to get more mag pouches for my P30. Have read many good things about Kytex Shooting Gear ( http://www.kytexgear.com/HK.html ) and am about ready to order.

Thing is, it appears that they offer only one configuration and it fits belts up to 1.75". I run a 1.5" belt and wonder if the extra quarter of an inch at the clip will result in slop as I carry a full mag and try to rip it from this pouch.

Anyone running this pouch on a 1.5" belt and notice any downsides?

DocGKR
10-10-2011, 06:35 PM
I use them on a 1.5" belt with no problems.

JM Campbell
10-10-2011, 06:48 PM
I use them on a 1.5" belt with no problems.

As do I, I like them. They "pinch" the belt very well.

ubervic
10-10-2011, 07:06 PM
Thanks. I'll be ordering.

NickA
10-10-2011, 07:08 PM
Same here, Wilderness belt, no problems. I'd email him; he's very responsive and may be able to make them for 1.5" if you ask.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

VolGrad
10-10-2011, 07:14 PM
I wear these on a 1.5" Wilderness as well without issue. I do know he has made them for 1.5" though as a buddy of mine asked for them that way. Personally, I'd not bother. I have never had any issue with mine moving around.

I love these pouches.

jlw
10-10-2011, 09:28 PM
I emailed him about the possibility of doing some for a two-inch belt. He replied that he could hand cut them for other belt sizes for a slight custom cut fee. It was just a few dollars per unit.

TAP
10-11-2011, 08:13 AM
I always tell Brian to make mine for 1.5". I don't know if he does anything different but they fit my 1.5" belts tightly. He doesn't charge me anything different.

GooberTim
10-11-2011, 03:14 PM
I always tell Brian to make mine for 1.5". I don't know if he does anything different but they fit my 1.5" belts tightly. He doesn't charge me anything different.

This was my experience as well.

ubervic
11-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Well, I went ahead and purchased two of these and they're great.

I asked Brian via email if he could accommodate me with a 1.5" clip length, and he responded almost immediately in the positive. It seems that his kydex material may be cut in blanks of a static configuration, which he then shapes to each mag shape. If you ask for the 1.5" clip, I gather that he folds over the same material to fit a 1.5" belt snugly-----which results in the carrier riding about .25" lower than the standard design is intended to. No problem at all for me, as I probably couldn't tell the difference...and, since I'm short-waisted, any difference that I could tell would be to my advantage. Less chance of a magazine poking my ribs...!

Simple, very efficient design, great customer service, inexpensive and quick & easy to source----what's not to like? Thanks, Brian at Kytex Shooting Gear!

SmokeJumper
11-06-2011, 08:43 PM
I just got 2 of these as well. One for each carry gun to try out. They have the 1.75" loop/clip size and run/fit just fine without issue on 1.5 and 1.75" Wilderness belts and 1.5" Ares Ranger Belt. Sem to be a good quality mag pouch, but I have not had the chance to shake them out yet.

VolGrad
11-07-2011, 09:41 AM
I just got 2 of these as well. One for each carry gun to try out. They have the 1.75" loop/clip size and run/fit just fine without issue on 1.5 and 1.75" Wilderness belts and 1.5" Ares Ranger Belt. Sem to be a good quality mag pouch, but I have not had the chance to shake them out yet.

I really think you're going to like them. I use them for EDC, range/class use, for gun games, etc. I even use them to store that extra mag in for my nightstand gun. That way if I needed to grab my extra mag I could clip it on my pants (even if I didn't have a belt on) and carry it with me while on home defense patrol.

I have owned probably a dozen of these for different types pistol mags and have only had 2 that weren't perfect. One was a little loose so I hit it with a hair dryer for a minute or so and put a clamp on it. Perfect now. The other was for a 1911 and the bottom of the pouch was crimped in a bit too much. Same, hit it with hair dryer and shoved a loaded mag into it to force out the crimp. Once dry/set it was good to go.

Bryan would have gladly fixed/replaced both of these for me but it was't worth the hassle given how easy it was to tweak it.

I really don't see me moving away from these pouches. They are too good and too cheap to do another route. All my heavy duty pouches from other makers mostly sit in my holster box. The only time I break them out is if I want to have a true matching set to look pretty.

ubervic
11-08-2011, 06:57 PM
My circumstances have taken a swift and decisive turn, and I'm selling my P30 as a result. No worries, it's a good thing. :)

Anyway, I've got a pair of these cool mag pouches----fit for 1.5" belt only----so if anyone's in the market, please make an offer. PM is best.

MODS, if this is not kosher, by all means feel free to delete this post.

SmokeJumper
11-09-2011, 04:12 PM
I really think you're going to like them. I use them for EDC, range/class use, for gun games, etc. I even use them to store that extra mag in for my nightstand gun. That way if I needed to grab my extra mag I could clip it on my pants (even if I didn't have a belt on) and carry it with me while on home defense patrol.

I have owned probably a dozen of these for different types pistol mags and have only had 2 that weren't perfect. One was a little loose so I hit it with a hair dryer for a minute or so and put a clamp on it. Perfect now. The other was for a 1911 and the bottom of the pouch was crimped in a bit too much. Same, hit it with hair dryer and shoved a loaded mag into it to force out the crimp. Once dry/set it was good to go.

Bryan would have gladly fixed/replaced both of these for me but it was't worth the hassle given how easy it was to tweak it.

I really don't see me moving away from these pouches. They are too good and too cheap to do another route. All my heavy duty pouches from other makers mostly sit in my holster box. The only time I break them out is if I want to have a true matching set to look pretty.

Well, VolGrad, you are indeed right. I do like them and they seem to function quite well in concealed carry and range duty. I've not used them at work yet, just haven't had the opportunity as of yet. My only hitch, and it's not really that much, is getting used to a slightly lower ride height. It sounds odd, but after running mag pouches that sit the mag higher, I notice it a bit when drawing my mags for reloads, guess it may be a muscle memory thing.

wrt81
11-13-2011, 07:50 PM
My circumstances have taken a swift and decisive turn, and I'm selling my P30 as a result. No worries, it's a good thing. :)

Anyway, I've got a pair of these cool mag pouches----fit for 1.5" belt only----so if anyone's in the market, please make an offer. PM is best.

MODS, if this is not kosher, by all means feel free to delete this post.

I took ubervic up on his offer and got these mag pouches from him (he was great to deal with btw). The mag pouches are great. They're simple yet very effective.