PDA

View Full Version : I figured out how to make the Lee Loadmaster work really well...

SLG
02-12-2016, 07:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efXHfXFHneE

Moar.

I have no use for the progressive right now, but I still want one. Oh well.

Title should have read Lee Loadmaster, but my computer went off on its own.

LSP972
02-12-2016, 07:18 AM
I quit watching when he began talking about cleaning primer pockets in .45ACP brass.

If you're loading for a Palma or Wimbledon Cup match, yeah; probably a good idea. For practice pistol ammunition? Puh-lease…

Erik
02-12-2016, 09:53 AM
Title should have read Lee Loadmaster, but my computer went off on its own.

Don't feel bad. It happened to Travis Haley too.

Trooper224
02-12-2016, 01:37 PM
At least his room's color coordinated.

richiecotite
02-15-2016, 06:25 PM
I quit watching when he began talking about cleaning primer pockets in .45ACP brass.

I always thought I was some sort of philistine for not cleaning primer pockets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LSP552
02-15-2016, 07:57 PM

If you're loading for a Palma or Wimbledon Cup match, yeah; probably a good idea. For practice pistol ammunition? Puh-lease…

Hey, I clean primer pockets on my hunting rifle ammo....because reasons.:D

SLG
02-15-2016, 08:42 PM
Hey, I clean primer pockets on my hunting rifle ammo....because reasons.:D

I clean the pockets on my LR ammo, but nothing else. Not every time though.

One reason to go with SS wet tumbling. Seems to clean the pockets pretty well. One less step. Sort of.

Rich@CCC
02-15-2016, 10:43 PM
OK, let me get this straight. He built a special building for reloading complete with heat, AC, reinforced walls and insulation. Then he fills it with Lee equipment. Don't get me wrong, I like Lee's stuff. I think you all have figured that out about me if nothing else, but if I had the resources to build a dedicated reloading shop it would be stacked with Dillon 1050 presses, 'cause it's only fucking money, Right? Then he posts a vid of his single stage press jamming up while decaping? WTF!

Imma hafta look at his other videos now, so I guess it worked!

LSP972
02-17-2016, 09:40 PM
I clean the pockets on my LR ammo, but nothing else. Not every time though.

One reason to go with SS wet tumbling. Seems to clean the pockets pretty well. One less step. Sort of.

Yeah, but you gotta resize/de-cap first. Never would I accuse anyone of being a philistine for not cleaning primer pockets on practice/blasting ammo; running dirty brass through one's expensive carbide sizing die, OTOH, is asking for the tar and feathers…

All BS aside, I have seen more than one carbide sizer get scratched from dirty brass. Bad juju, IMO.

SLG
02-17-2016, 10:34 PM
Yeah, but you gotta resize/de-cap first. Never would I accuse anyone of being a philistine for not cleaning primer pockets on practice/blasting ammo; running dirty brass through one's expensive carbide sizing die, OTOH, is asking for the tar and feathers…

All BS aside, I have seen more than one carbide sizer get scratched from dirty brass. Bad juju, IMO.

No you don't. I use a universal decapping die for my precision rifle brass. Then into the ultrasound. Then into the dehydrator. Then lubed and resized. I have never put a piece of dirty brass into my REDDING COMPETITION MICROMETER SEATING DIES.

Capslock got hit. Didn't mean to yell.

Mitch
02-18-2016, 09:59 PM
No you don't. I use a universal decapping die for my precision rifle brass. Then into the ultrasound. Then into the dehydrator. Then lubed and resized. I have never put a piece of dirty brass into my REDDING COMPETITION MICROMETER SEATING DIES.

Capslock got hit. Didn't mean to yell.

Reading just that even reminds me how much I hate reloading rifle ammo because of the case prep.