PDA

View Full Version : Warren/Sevigny Front Sights on Gen4 G17s

joshs
10-09-2011, 08:21 PM
Has any one else had problems with the Warren .215 height front sight shooting very high on Gen4 17s? Both of my Gen4s (one with the Warren rear and one with the Sevigny carry rear) have been about four inches high at 25 yards with the .215 front. I ordered a .240 front from Ameriglo to fix the problem, but I wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem.

Prdator
10-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Has any one else had problems with the Warren .215 height front sight shooting very high on Gen4 17s? Both of my Gen4s (one with the Warren rear and one with the Sevigny carry rear) have been about four inches high at 25 yards with the .215 front. I ordered a .240 front from Ameriglo to fix the problem, but I wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem.

Had the same issue, get ahold of Warren and he'll take care of you.

joshs
10-09-2011, 08:32 PM
Had the same issue, get ahold of Warren and he'll take care of you.

Does Warren even make a taller tritium front sight?

Prdator
10-09-2011, 09:44 PM
Does Warren even make a taller tritium front sight?

I believe so, I don't recall the numbers right now but he sent me a taller front ( trit) sight and that fixed my POA-POI issue.

joshs
10-09-2011, 09:50 PM
I believe so, I don't recall the numbers right now but he sent me a taller front ( trit) sight and that fixed my POA-POI issue.

Awesome, thanks.

wicked_police
10-09-2011, 09:52 PM
I got the Warren Tacticals (plain black) for my Gen4 and have the same problem. My other one has Defoor Ameriglos and they're awesome.

I shot a gun this weekend with the Hackathorn Ameriglos, and they were terrific. They'll be my next sights.

Prdator
10-09-2011, 10:08 PM
Im kinda with with Wicked-police, I went with the Ameriglo Operator Pros, IMHO, there the "best" night sights out there!!! http://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sights/pistol-sights/glock/night-sights/complete-sets/pro-operator

JV_
10-09-2011, 10:19 PM
Has any one else had problems with the Warren .215 height front sight shooting very high on Gen4 17s?

http://www.cpwsa.com/warren_sevigny_sights.htm

All Glock model Warren Tactical and Sevigny sights are designed for a six o'clock hold with the .215 tall front, or to shoot point of aim/point of impact with the .245 tall front sight at 20 yards. Some of our customers say they generally use the .245 tall front with the Glock 24, 34, 35, and other long slide guns and the .215 for all other Glock models for a point of aim/point of impact result. Remember that Glocks and M&Ps are production guns, so there could be slight variations in each of them, and point of aim/point of impact is further affected by ammo differences, bullet weight differences, shooter tendencies, etc. The M&P and 1911 sights are designed to shoot point of aim/point of impact. Please note: none of the Warren/Sevigny front sights extend beyond the slide cutout on model 34 or 35 pistols.

JHC
10-10-2011, 12:06 AM
Generation non specific, some of ours need the taller some don't. Warren does make the taller tritiums too.