PDA

View Full Version : Interesting package: the Cole Partnerships & ATEI M&P Hybrid

masternave
02-05-2016, 08:36 PM
Not going to lie, this is making me want a grip chopped glock yet more, but still a very cool product.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160206/22bc76e5f92540484bd7fe0b4902291f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOKNLOD
02-05-2016, 09:00 PM
I dig it!

ChaseN
02-05-2016, 09:18 PM
This is a great concept. I am planning to do similar with my G19. Purchase a unity tactical 17 slide, lone wolf extended G19 barrel and one of the lone wolf dust cover extensions and I'll be able to swap slides between an iron sight 19 slide and RMRd 17 slide...should work well in theory.

dookie1481
02-06-2016, 12:43 PM
They are pretty cool. Matt Cole has been working on these for quite a while. He is a buddy of mine and a great shooter.

Polecat
02-06-2016, 02:38 PM
Well now that looks retarded. You'll be shot dead by the time you get the barrel out of your waistband. I really don't get these increased sight radius, but better concealment concepts. Should be: digs into your side more efficiently, cant' eject mag as easily, more clumsy, and it doesn't conceal that much better. Longer guns are more uncomfortable IWB. Granted, my opinion. Close friend was involved in CCW shooting and swore off small grips like subcompacts, as he almost didn't get his weapon out during the struggle!

orionz06
02-06-2016, 02:45 PM
Well now that looks retarded. You'll be shot dead by the time you get the barrel out of your waistband. I really don't get these increased sight radius, but better concealment concepts. Should be: digs into your side more efficiently, cant' eject mag as easily, more clumsy, and it doesn't conceal that much better. Longer guns are more uncomfortable IWB. Granted, my opinion. Close friend was involved in CCW shooting and swore off small grips like subcompacts, as he almost didn't get his weapon out during the struggle!

How do you draw? Even those that don't use the press-out have enough vertical movement prior to rotating such that the slide length, within the realm of a carry gun, shouldn't matter. Not like G17 guys are complaining that they can't start punching the gun out soon enough.

The grip length can be an issue but it's surely a body type and holster type issue more so than a grip length issue, as well as whether or not it's wise to draw at that point anyway.

Cool idea, if I had an M&P that was worth a damn accuracy wise I'd maybe consider it.

OnionsAndDragons
02-06-2016, 04:19 PM
I dig it other than the RDS concept.

I like RDS pistols; I just seem to like them better on the shorter slides vs the longer. I prefer the way the dot works on a G19 better than a G17 for example.

For irons, I love the chopped down grip, full sized slide concept.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gray222
02-06-2016, 04:23 PM
G19xl ftw

Erick Gelhaus
02-01-2018, 07:03 AM
... Bump ...

They are pretty cool. Matt Cole has been working on these for quite a while. He is a buddy of mine and a great shooter.

Any one know where I could get my hand on one of these? Tried contacting ATEI, no response, but the item wasn't listed on their site. The Cole side of things doesn't seem to exist any more.

masternave
02-01-2018, 09:58 AM
That's a good question. There's a group doing a long slide for a shield…*but they are different.

archangel
02-01-2018, 10:34 AM
... Bump ...

Any one know where I could get my hand on one of these? Tried contacting ATEI, no response, but the item wasn't listed on their site. The Cole side of things doesn't seem to exist any more.

It's on the ATEI site, but hard to find. I was interested, until I saw the price.

https://ateiguns.com/product/atei-hybrid/

JM Campbell
02-01-2018, 11:06 AM
It does run, was in ECQC a few years ago in Houston and a dude was running one as a test unit. French Jesus was his nick name for the class SouthNarc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

orionz06
02-01-2018, 11:27 AM
It's on the ATEI site, but hard to find. I was interested, until I saw the price.

Kinda moot now since the 2.0 Compact is out.

Erick Gelhaus
02-01-2018, 03:22 PM

Thanks. I could not find it using the SHOP button.

JonInWA
02-01-2018, 03:35 PM
I wouldn't be all that surprised to see Glock field a "G17X," a G17 slide on a G19 frame. It would seem a logical opportunity, especially given the apparent traction the G19X is achieving; I think that a G17X makes more sense and would be more salable for many.

Best, Jon

HopetonBrown
02-01-2018, 04:40 PM
Shield Arms, the guys showing off a long slide for a M&P Shield also hinted that they're making a Glock product.

john c
02-02-2018, 05:34 AM
Shield Arms, the guys showing off a long slide for a M&P Shield also hinted that they're making a Glock product.

Do you have a link for this? Google turned up a bunch of unrelated links.

LittleLebowski
02-02-2018, 05:50 AM
I wouldn't be all that surprised to see Glock field a "G17X," a G17 slide on a G19 frame. It would seem a logical opportunity, especially given the apparent traction the G19X is achieving; I think that a G17X makes more sense and would be more salable for many.

Best, Jon

We've all been saying it, hope they listen.

HopetonBrown
02-02-2018, 09:32 AM
Do you have a link for this? Google turned up a bunch of unrelated links.Yeah, kinda a generic name for a company.

https://www.instagram.com/shield.arms/

There's a link to a website but there isn't anything there.

john c
02-03-2018, 06:40 AM
Thanks