PDA

View Full Version : Benefits of a Slide Racker in USPSA

robot
01-29-2016, 02:04 PM
I've resisted getting a slide racker on my USPSA Open Division pistol for a few years now. Didn't really see the need for it, until I shot a few major matches. There's always one or two stages that required you to load the gun while on the clock and I've always struggled with it. Racking my slide by pinching it is not the most efficient way to do it and always makes me nervous doing it.

So during the winter downtime I consulted with John from JPL Precision, my gunsmith, and he figured out a way to install it on my gun.

And O.M.G. what a different the racker makes. Now I feel a lot more confident while loading on the clock. Getting the racker installed also made me think about the other mods I used to have on my gun and went about streamlining everything. This made everything lighter, improved the balance of the gun and made gun handling easier.

I like it and you should to (if you don't have one yet)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjYkqk1SMV8

PPGMD
01-29-2016, 09:53 PM
A slide racker also teaches you to keep your thumbs down. And reinforces that lesson with pain.

robot
02-02-2016, 01:26 AM
A slide racker also teaches you to keep your thumbs down. And reinforces that lesson with pain.

yes!! I had to practice that for days before I shot a match yesterday.