PDA

View Full Version : IWB Carry and accidental mag release

FJ1200SC
10-08-2011, 03:31 PM
Does anyone have difficulty with accidental release of their magazine while carrying IWB? I carry an M&P9C and have several times in a 6 month period found my mag loose in the gun. It tends to occur when I have been sitting in a vehicle for more than a few miles. I flipped the release button to be away from my body and have had less trouble with this, but it has happened one more time since. I carry in a Garrett Industries Silent Thunder holster at about the 730-8 o'clock position. I'm a lefty. At first I found the flip of the mag release difficult to deal with during reloads but with practice and repetition it has almost become second nature to shift my grip hand slightly and eject the mag with my trigger finger.

I was looking at the Secret City kydex holsters but they do not capture the release inside the holster either so it looks like this may be simply something that I just need to "deal with".

Thanks in advance from a noob to the forum.

Tim

JV_
10-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Have you had any issues with the mag dropping while shooting?

FJ1200SC
10-08-2011, 04:19 PM
Have you had any issues with the mag dropping while shooting?

Not at all.

gtmtnbiker98
10-08-2011, 05:08 PM
No problem at all.

LittleLebowski
10-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Are you downloaded by one?

FJ1200SC
10-10-2011, 11:08 AM
Are you downloaded by one?

Just to be sure we are talking about the same thing. You're talking about not loading the mag completely full? If so, fully loaded, not down by one.

dookie1481
10-10-2011, 11:40 AM
I haven't found the same mag tension issues with the M&P as I have with the Glock, so I load to capacity. I
have carried an M&P with the mag release reversed (and thus exposed) in an RCS Phantom for about 6 months now and haven't had it unseat. YMMV