PDA

View Full Version : Fraternal Order of Police Data Dump

Edwin
01-28-2016, 06:07 PM
If you're a member of FOP, your data has probably been compromised. I would check it to see if you're ok or not and take necessary steps.

https://fop.thecthulhu.com/
https://www.thecthulhu.com/fraternal-order-of-police-data-dump/

StraitR
01-28-2016, 06:36 PM
I've never posted in the LE sub-forum because it's outside of my lane, so please excuse me for chiming in on this one.

That is completely fucked up. Pardon my french. LEO's, more accurately described as people, and potentially their families, could pay a hefty price because of this breach, and this sniveling, self-rightous, do-gooder should be held accountable. I don't care how much you disagree with an organization, .gov or the Girl Scouts, a complete disregard for PERSEC is douchebaggery at the highest level.

BehindBlueI's
01-28-2016, 06:39 PM
What info is contained?

Edwin
01-28-2016, 07:06 PM
FOP emails, admin stuff for the website, the private FOP forums, the contracts between the unions and their municipality governments, etc. I think they're holding back on personal details of the membership but who knows.

BehindBlueI's
01-28-2016, 07:16 PM
FOP emails, admin stuff for the website, the private FOP forums, the contracts between the unions and their municipality governments, etc. I think they're holding back on personal details of the membership but who knows.

Doesn't affect me in the slightest, then. Our contract is public info, and I'd be surprised if any are not. I don't think the national FOP has SSNs or DOBs or the like, but I could be wrong.

Edwin
01-28-2016, 07:27 PM
Apparently the contracts aren't public in a lot of places.

Either way, it's just scratching the surface. There's 18 TB of data there.

Lon
01-28-2016, 07:29 PM
Our contracts are posted on our city's website.

BehindBlueI's
01-28-2016, 09:37 PM
Apparently the contracts aren't public in a lot of places.

Either way, it's just scratching the surface. There's 18 TB of data there.

17.6 TB is trying to sell me supplemental life insurance and sending me two stickers each year that I promptly toss in the trash.

Elkhitman
02-01-2016, 10:40 PM
We were required to give private info to the FOP, SSN, DOB etc.

voodoo_man
02-02-2016, 06:46 AM
Our contracts are posted on our city's website.

So are ours.

And if he wants to act as though he wont be charged as an accessory, good luck.

If anything stems from this, especially loss of life, then if he lives in a coutry where extradition is allowed he should pack..

LittleLebowski
02-02-2016, 07:53 AM
18TB is a lot of data.

Of course, my SF86 is in China so welcome to the club! :D

Mike C
02-02-2016, 08:52 AM
18TB is a lot of data.

It will definitely be interesting to see what happens with our data over the years. I'm still waiting to see if anyone is going to be fried for this. Probably not though.

Sure pisses me the fuck off, I find it amazing that no one seems to have any interest in protecting our data just collecting it and exploiting it.

I'd sure like to see some laws enforced/enacted for negligence in safeguarding everyone's information. Rant over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

voodoo_man
02-02-2016, 09:00 AM
It will definitely be interesting to see what happens with our data over the years. I'm still waiting to see if anyone is going to be fried for this. Probably not though.

Sure pisses me the fuck off, I find it amazing that no one seems to have any interest in protecting our data just collecting it and exploiting it.

I'd sure like to see some laws enforced/enacted for negligence in safeguarding everyone's information. Rant over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There will have to be. If the FOP allows something like this to happen without recourse and policy change they are asking for serious issues down the line.

Beat Trash
02-02-2016, 10:26 AM
My first concern is if home addresses of members were released. My local and state FOP have home addresses in their systems if for no other reason to send out the mailers and newsletters.

This could have some potentially bad results.

voodoo_man
02-02-2016, 10:59 AM
My first concern is if home addresses of members were released. My local and state FOP have home addresses in their systems if for no other reason to send out the mailers and newsletters.

This could have some potentially bad results.

For whatever scum bag that comes a knocking...

Hambo
02-02-2016, 11:45 AM
Our contracts were always public information, and at one point the was a law change that allowed anyone to ask to see our personnel files.

Beat Trash
02-02-2016, 11:47 AM
Yes, but...

I have a lot of young 20 something officers with new wives and young kids. That's my concern. Some of the younger officers and especially their spouses, still trust people.

I didn't last to be the old, grumpy, people hating and mistrusting charming soul that I am by being a pushover. So I'm not too concerned about myself.

voodoo_man
02-02-2016, 12:12 PM
Yes, but...

I have a lot of young 20 something officers with new wives and young kids. That's my concern. Some of the younger officers and especially their spouses, still trust people.

I didn't last to be the old, grumpy, people hating and mistrusting charming soul that I am by being a pushover. So I'm not too concerned about myself.

What kind of senior officer are you if you aren't breaking them of bad habits?

:D

Surf
02-02-2016, 12:50 PM
18TB is a lot of data.

I got my "heads up" letter in the mail this past June or so? My first thought was literally, "WTF"?

BehindBlueI's
02-04-2016, 07:35 PM
I got my notification letter from the FOP yesterday. It says they do not maintain SSN information.

My info was on one of the laptops stolen from a Veteran Affairs employee years ago, too.