PDA

View Full Version : Talon Defense opinions ??

BES
01-27-2016, 03:30 PM
Have any of you LEO guys heard about Talon Defense before ? The instructors are local and federal LEO heavy with some prior military. I've put a couple links below of their training. Thoughts or opinions on them ?

http://youtu.be/BMFPoVgyFeQ

http://youtu.be/k53vzu342pU

http://youtu.be/k53vzu342pU

PT Doc
01-27-2016, 06:05 PM
Have any of you LEO guys heard about Talon Defense before ? The instructors are local and federal LEO heavy with some prior military. I've put a couple links below of their training. Thoughts or opinions on them ?

Not LE, but I have trained with Chase. He's a damn good dude and I got a lot out of his class. His classes are also a little cheaper than most. He comes to Watkinsville, GA a few times a year as well.

Sigfan26
01-27-2016, 09:03 PM
Great dude.

SLG
01-27-2016, 09:06 PM
Can you guys give some more info about the group/courses/instructors?

PT Doc
01-27-2016, 09:48 PM
[QUOTE=SLG;400503]Can you guys give some more info about the group/courses/instructors?

Chase Jenkins is the owner and primary instructor. LE in AL for 20 +years. Has trained with and /or hosted most of the usual suspects. The pistol and carbine classes are three levels, I believe. They also run low light, injured shooter, and vehicle based classes for pistol and carbine. Medical classes are with Hugh Coffee of Ditch Medicine. I don't think they have a website, but are very active on their FB page. I'm pretty sure there are a few threads here, as well as multiple AARs online, that give much more detail.

SLG
01-27-2016, 09:51 PM
[QUOTE=SLG;400503]Can you guys give some more info about the group/courses/instructors?

Chase Jenkins is the owner and primary instructor. LE in AL for 20 +years. Has trained with and /or hosted most of the usual suspects. The pistol and carbine classes are three levels, I believe. They also run low light, injured shooter, and vehicle based classes for pistol and carbine. Medical classes are with Hugh Coffee of Ditch Medicine. I don't think they have a website, but are very active on their FB page. I'm pretty sure there are a few threads here, as well as multiple AARs online, that give much more detail.

Copy, thanks. I had read their website, but there's not a lot of meat there.

JB326
01-27-2016, 11:54 PM
Chase/ Talon is good to go. I first met him when I was going through FBI Firearms Instructor school back in 2010 when he was there teaching a block along with Tiger McKee. Since then I've attended several classes with Chase, and I make it a point to go through "Gunfighter" every other year at least, usually rotation between the daylight and low light versions. He stays on top of his own training game and is a very good communicator/ instructor. I would definitely recommend his courses.

Eli
01-30-2016, 09:31 PM
I'm not LEO, but have taken several classes with Chase. Great teacher, and a great guy to boot. I have every intention of taking several more classes with him in the future.

Eli
01-30-2016, 09:36 PM
I'm the fat guy in the background at the 0:35 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNX9wEzCGN0

Default.mp3
01-31-2016, 08:04 AM
RAINBOW CITY, Ala. -A Rainbow City police officer has been arrested in connection to a sex crime, according to Etowah co. Sheriff Todd Entrekin.

Sheriff Entrekin said that David Chase Jenkins, 45, of Rainbow City, was arrested today for his involvement in a sex crime.

He is currently being detained in the Etowah County Detention Center, where he was booked at 4:19 p.m. Saturday, without bond.

Jenkins is an officer with the Rainbow City Police Department.

He has been placed on leave.

Charges are pending as the investigation into this incident is ongoing.Source: http://wvtm13.com/news/Rainbow-City-police-officer-arrested-on-sex-charges/37732170

Eli
01-31-2016, 12:09 PM
Source: http://wvtm13.com/news/Rainbow-City-police-officer-arrested-on-sex-charges/37732170

Well.......shit.

SLG
01-31-2016, 04:53 PM
I've heard very good things about Rasmussen from a friend of mine who knows him.

AndrewS
01-31-2016, 07:28 PM
I had nothing but good things to say, hopefully this is a misunderstanding of some sort.

Erick Gelhaus
02-04-2016, 10:04 PM
A statement from his attorney, no opinion one way or another ...

Hello Everyone. My name is James Shelnutt of the Shelnutt Law Firm, P.C. in Gadsden and I'm one of the attorney's representing Chase. Chase has asked me to reach out to his friends and family and update them about what's going on. There has been a lot of disinformation in the media and through comments on various websites that's inaccurate and blatantly false and I hope that what I'm about to say will clarify some things. Here are the facts:

Chase was charged with a felony offense stemming from allegations made by his spouse. Chase adamantly denies the allegations in this case and maintains his innocence. There is no allegation that Chase did anything wrong in his capacity as a police officer, no allegations that there was any child involved and no allegations that there are any other persons involved other than the accuser. Unfortunately, in Alabama, anyone can make an "allegation" that results in there being a warrant issued for your arrest. Any person, including a police officer reading this blog, can be arrested based solely on another person’s accusation. Furthermore, if all the facts were known in this case, many people would be outraged that his charges are still pending.

Even though Chase had spent his entire career taking dangerous criminals off the street and had dedicated much of his career to training police officers how to safely deal with violent criminals, he was not even given the benefit of having an investigator ask his side of the story before a warrant was issued for his arrest. When chase went to give a statement, the warrant was already issued and the decision to prosecute had already been made. Within 24 hours, a press release had already been sent to the Gadsden Times along with Chase's arrest and booking picture and, shortly afterwards, Chase had his picture plastered on the front page of the Gadsden Times. After that, the trial by public had began.

Within days, the Gadsden Times news article had been shared over 10,000 times and it only told a one sided story. Our office issued a "blistering" response to the Gadsden Times Article and Birmingham news outlets in the form of a press release. However, although the media is quick to plaster a persons picture on the front page of the paper, website or televisions screen, they're very reluctant to post any negative comments about the accusers credibility, no matter how bad it is. We certainly respect the job that the investigators have to do and what I'm about to say is not meant to bash the Sheriff's Office or District Attorney's Office. However, multiple witnesses had not been spoken to and much evidence had not even been considered or known when Chase's warrant was issued.

Unfortunately, it's easy in today's society to form the opinion that just because a person is arrested, he/she must be guilty. I even catch myself doing this sometimes. However, in this case, be slow to pass judgment. Things are not as they appear in the paper and there will be some very interesting and "enlightening" facts that come out at trial if this case makes it that far. There is still a "possibility" that the district attorney's office will take another look at this case once they have interviewed ALL RELEVANT WITNESSES and reviewed ALL RELEVANT EVIDENCE and will agree to dismiss this case. There is also the possibility that the sheriff's office could make a recommendation to the district attorney's office to dismiss the case. However, it's much more likely that they will circle the wagons and proceed with the case now that they've committed themselves. In the meantime, we're gathering our own evidence, interviewing witnesses, issuing subpoenas and preparing for trial. This will likely be a lengthy process.

As of this moment, which is Thursday February 4th and 3:35 p.m., Chase is currently still at the Etowah County Jail. A bond hearing was held this morning and we aggressively argued for bond on Chase's behalf. The District Attorney's Office argued against setting a bond even though he has no violent history, no threats have been made and even after acknowledging that Chase dedicated his career to protecting people. To say that Mr. Reid and I "went at it" during these arguments is an understatement. Judge Clay has taken the arguments on bond under advisement and we anticipate that there will be a ruling tomorrow or Monday on bond. We do believe he will be set a bond soon.

In the meantime, Chase has not seen his son in almost a week and this is what has bothered him the most. Next in line would be the thought that any of you or his other friends and family would believe that he did what he's accused of doing. Developments in the case will be posted on this facebook page and on my law firm website under the "blog" tab. I've included a link to our law firm website below. Please share this facebook post to anyone who knows Chase and also ask that they pray for the following things:

Please pray:

1. That Gods will be done in this situation

2. That the Lord will give Chase strength and peace to endure this hardship

3. For peace and comfort for his son "Talon" who misses his dad

4. That the truth will be revealed.

5. For a spirit of conviction for those who have made false statements so that they will be willing to reveal the truth

6. That those with the authority to make decisions in this case will view this case with honest and open eyes and have the courage to make the right decisions, even though they may not be "politically correct"

7. For the Lord to give his attorney's wisdom and discernment as this case progresses.

Chase has also asked that I let everyone know that all upcoming classes with Talon Defense will be cancelled until further notice and refunds will be given for anyone who has pre-paid for a class. Someone will contact you about your refund in the near future.

Also, if anyone has any information that they believe would be helpful to his defense, please contact my office. We would like to confidentially speak with you. Our contact information is on our website.

John Hearne
02-04-2016, 10:17 PM
Hope this turns out to be a baseless allegation by a vindictive spouse.

Default.mp3
04-11-2016, 05:09 PM
Hope this turns out to be a baseless allegation by a vindictive spouse.It would appear that is the case, given what Pat Roger has written:

If you are not aware- Capt Chase Jenkins, RCPD and Talon Defense was arrested for Sodomy 1 on charges from his wife.
Incarcerated in General Population for 3 week, the whole 9 yards.
Chase is a member here, and if you know him, you would know this is bullshit.

Today Charges dismissed with prejudice, his cunt wife arrested.

Re the Job etc, they are working that now.

HCM
04-11-2016, 11:16 PM
Hope this turns out to be a baseless allegation by a vindictive spouse.

John Hearne proved prescient:

http://m.wbrc.com/myfoxal/db_330638/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=OLc5AtuR

Sodomy charges dropped against former Rainbow City officer, wife arrested

RAINBOW CITY, AL (WBRC) - In a dramatic turn of events, criminal charges have been dropped against a former Rainbow City police captain, and his estranged wife has been arrested.

Melissa Anne Jenkins, 42, is now charged with perjury and with falsely reporting an incident. She was handcuffed and taken to the Etowah County Detention Center, moments after a hearing on a motion to drop the charges against Chase Jenkins.

Chase Jenkins was arrested for sodomy on January 30, in a charge brought by the county's sheriff's office and District Attorney Jody Willoughby.

jnc36rcpd
04-12-2016, 01:14 AM
Maryland also has a system in which anyone of God's perfect idiots can wander into a District Court Commissioner office and, if sufficiently coherent enough, file charges. Back in the day. commissioners referred complaints against law enforcement and medical personnel to the State's Attorney's office, but who knows now?

Luke
04-12-2016, 04:53 AM
Found out yesterday chase was a free man, very happy to hear this but not suprised, he is an awesome dude. I've taken multiple handgun and carbine 1 force on force class with chase. Always had small classes with atleast 2 AI. I hope he quickly gets back to training!