PDA

View Full Version : question re: blue label Glock sales

Sero Sed Serio
01-24-2016, 03:50 PM
A good friend of mine is a city prosecutor in a Phoenix-area suburb. He recently decided to buy his first pistol, and settled on a Gen. 4 Glock 19. However, when he tried to purchase a blue-label gun, he was denied--the dealer said he wasn't eligible because he wasn't a "district attorney" or "deputy district attorney." He explained that Arizona does not have "district attorneys" (Arizona's prosecutors are either state attorney generals, county attorneys, or city prosecutors), but to no avail.

Is it really the intent of the blue label program to limit sales to judges and county or district level prosecutors? It doesn't make a lot of sense to me that a US Attorney, state attorney general, or city prosecutor would be intentionally excluded. Is he just out of luck? Should he try another blue label dealer? Or is there someone with Glock that he should contact?

Any help would be appreciated. This is a good guy who worked for the county before switching over to the city level, and was in no way timid about taking hard cases against bad people.

Thanks!

L-2
01-24-2016, 04:01 PM
He could try here, first:
https://us.glock.com/dealer-locator?zip=85001&radius=15&resultSet=dealer-link
He can try to contact the district Glock LE Rep/Liaison if further clarification is needed.

MD7305
01-24-2016, 04:07 PM
Sounds as though they're being too literal as I'd imagine it's the same thing. As L-2 suggested, I'd seek out a LE Rep.

voodoo_man
01-24-2016, 04:17 PM
https://us.glock.com/bluelabel

Tell him to contact glock directly and see if he can purchase direct from them.

OnionsAndDragons
01-24-2016, 04:33 PM
https://us.glock.com/bluelabel

Tell him to contact glock directly and see if he can purchase direct from them.

This.

Have him contact Glock. They can give him a definitive answer and either sell him one direct or give him an email to send his stores way to clarify.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

voodoo_man
01-24-2016, 05:27 PM
Also, it has been my experience that many FFL's are scared to do anything outside the line when it comes to blue-box glock sales because glock will pull their dealer status super quick.

ST911
01-24-2016, 10:15 PM
Have the LE dealer call the area rep for clarification. This is a non-issue.

Sero Sed Serio
02-26-2016, 01:03 AM
Just as an update my buddy went to a different dealer (Scottsdale Gun Club), and they sold it to him no problem

Beat Trash
02-26-2016, 10:18 AM
Good to hear. I know that Glock changed the Blue Label sales a while ago to limit the purchase to one model of gun per calendar year. But as far as I know, they haven't changed who's eligible. And the list is rather extensive.

Luke
02-26-2016, 11:07 AM
Good to hear. I know that Glock changed the Blue Label sales a while ago to limit the purchase to one model of gun per calendar year. But as far as I know, they haven't changed who's eligible. And the list is rather extensive.

We're could you get such a list? I know I'm not eligible, but it would be cool to see how many are if its that big.

Chuck Haggard
02-26-2016, 11:13 AM
Pretty sure the rampant abuse by OMB Guns a few years back made Glock tighten down on this program.

Arbninftry
02-26-2016, 12:07 PM
Also, it has been my experience that many FFL's are scared to do anything outside the line when it comes to blue-box glock sales because glock will pull their dealer status super quick.

Pretty sure the rampant abuse by OMB Guns a few years back made Glock tighten down on this program.

Chuck and Voodoo hit the nail on the head. I opened a gun shop recently, and as a new FFL holder, the 11 page contract you get from glock to be a Glock Dealer, prohibits you from going outside the parameters. If you mess up they can black list you and this will prevent you from getting any Glock from any wholesaler. OMB really screwed up.
Call Glock they are very proactive and will help.

Luke
02-26-2016, 12:24 PM

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article477875/Olathe-gun-dealer-Glock-execs-indicted-in-kickback-scheme.html

JBP55
02-26-2016, 02:48 PM
We're could you get such a list? I know I'm not eligible, but it would be cool to see how many are if its that big.

Here you go.

GLOCK is proud to offer the exclusive Blue Label program to support those who protect and serve communities across the U.S. and around the world. Those who qualify will receive a discount on any GLOCK pistol of their choice.

The Blue Label Program is available to the below with approved purchaser ID:

Sworn Law Enforcement officers, including Federal, State, County & City also includes retired L.E. officers with "retired" credentials (LE Department Picture ID front & back)
EMT's, Fire Fighters, Volunteer Fire Fighters, and Paramedics (with Picture ID from department front & back) Certifications alone are not authorized and do not qualify
Military personnel including Reservists and National Guard with I.D also includes retired Military with "retired" credentials (Military picture ID front & back) DD214/discharge papers do not qualify - If you cannot submit your ID please use our dealer locator to find a dealer in your area
Corrections Officers, including Parole and Probation Officers (LE Department Picture ID front & back)
State Licensed Security Companies (Loomis, RAM, etc.) Also includes State Licensed Armed Security Officers Employed by State Licensed Security Companies (with Employment Picture ID from company front & back) Certifications alone are not authorized and do not qualify
Court Judges, District Attorneys and Deputy District Attorneys
LE Academy Cadets with enrollment documentation from the Academy
GSSF Coupon Recipients should contact GSSF for more information

This is a discount program for approved purchasers only; you are not registering for or enrolling in any type of law enforcement program

Eligible participants may purchase 2 weapons per calendar year and may order from a participating GLOCK Law Enforcement Distributor, Sub-Distributor, or directly from GLOCK, Inc. Purchases from Law Enforcement Distributors, with a retail location, or Sub-Distributor purchases can be done directly at their location by simply showing your credentials. For a list of Law Enforcement Distributors or Sub-Distributors in your area visit us.glock.com, enter your zip code into the dealer locator on the top right of the page, and search under the LE Dealer tab. If you have further questions call the Customer Service Department @ 770-432-1202.

Delivery times for purchases from distributors depend upon their inventories and weapons on order. Buying directly from GLOCK, Inc. can take approximately 120+ day’s after all proper credentials, paperwork and payment has been received, regardless of weapon model.

If you choose to order directly from GLOCK, Inc. please e-mail a copy of you credentials to BlueLabelSales@glock.us . A copy of the price list along with purchasing instructions will be e-mailed to you as soon as possible. All required documents must be submitted correct, complete, and include a method of payment. If orders are received missing any documents or payment the order will not be processed and will be returned. Prices on the form are not guaranteed and may vary. Prices do not include transfer fees or taxes where applicable.

**Prices May Vary and are not set by GLOCK. Most pricing will be 75-100.00 off the retail price depending on the model. ***

JBP55
02-26-2016, 02:49 PM

Still 2 pistols per year.

JR1572
02-26-2016, 03:04 PM
I heard that they may be adding Firearm Forum Moderators to the list of eligible persons...

JR1572

Peally
02-26-2016, 03:11 PM
120 days to process? Holy shit.

A family member wanted to get a G17 gen 4 through the program, but it sounds like it'd be quicker just to find one local.

HCM
02-26-2016, 03:55 PM
120 days to process? Holy shit.

A family member wanted to get a G17 gen 4 through the program, but it sounds like it'd be quicker just to find one local.

There are stocking blue label Dealers - it is not always 120 days

Beat Trash
02-26-2016, 04:00 PM
The closest Blue Label dealer to me is in Columbus Ohio. Their LE site has a disclaimer stating, " Each Glock LE model has a purchase limit of one per customer in a calendar year".

I don't know if in fact this is a new policy set by Glock, as the sales rep alleges, or if it's the policy of the blue label dealer. I know that Glock tightened up on Blue Label sales after the whole OMB fiasco.

I do know how that it's a deal, for those eligeable.

JBP55
02-26-2016, 04:27 PM
The closest Blue Label dealer to me is in Columbus Ohio. Their LE site has a disclaimer stating, " Each Glock LE model has a purchase limit of one per customer in a calendar year".

I don't know if in fact this is a new policy set by Glock, as the sales rep alleges, or if it's the policy of the blue label dealer. I know that Glock tightened up on Blue Label sales after the whole OMB fiasco.

I do know how that it's a deal, for those eligeable.

Confirmed January 2016 with a local BL Distributor still 2 per year as the Glock website quotes. Must be your dealer's policy.