PDA

View Full Version : Bloomberg Considering White House Run (this election)

Chance
01-23-2016, 02:10 PM
From BBC News (http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-35392989):

The billionaire former mayor of New York, Michael Bloomberg, is thinking about running for president as an independent candidate, US media report.

Unnamed advisers told the New York Times the 73-year-old sees a gap and has instructed staff to draw up plans.

He has yet to make a statement on the issue but members of his staff have told other US media that he is indeed thinking about running, especially if Mrs Clinton is wounded by her rival Bernie Sanders.

And here I was thinking this election couldn't get any messier.

DiscipulusArmorum
01-23-2016, 02:12 PM
Sounds good to me. Which side is he going to bleed votes from?

The Dems need their own Ross Perot, and Bloomberg would be a great choice :D.

RJ
01-23-2016, 02:18 PM
Makes sense for Bloomberg.

Blood is in the water for Hillary!, I betcha.

GJM
01-23-2016, 02:23 PM
Really good for the R candidate.

Dagga Boy
01-23-2016, 02:30 PM
Bravo......please run.

Totem Polar
01-23-2016, 02:34 PM
Fishbowl of assholes.

http://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww173/prestonjjrtr/Smileys/Smiley31-1.gif

Hambo
01-23-2016, 02:42 PM
From BBC News (http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-35392989):

And here I was thinking this election couldn't get any messier.

Oh, it can always get worse.

LittleLebowski
01-23-2016, 02:42 PM
Bravo......please run.

Yup. This is the guy Orwell warned us about.

Shotgun
01-23-2016, 02:46 PM
Bravo......please run.

Yes, yes, please run. We need a R for Supreme Court appointments. 2nd Amendment rights as we know them depend upon a current 5-4 split in the Supreme Court.

Glenn E. Meyer
01-23-2016, 02:50 PM
Delusional megalomaniac oligarch.

Free the Big Gulp. As I said to the TX House hearing on campus carry - I came from NY but am glad to live in TX where I can have a gun and a Big Gulp!

To be blunt, a rather obnoxious Eastern person of Jewish extraction has little appeal. Also, he is on record supporting Stop and Frisk and saying there should have been more racial profiling of African-Americans. That would be thrown in his face if he ran by minority activists.

Ntexwheels
01-23-2016, 03:04 PM
He can run all he wants. But he has about as much chance of winning as a fart in a hurricane!

Chance
01-23-2016, 04:44 PM
Also, he is on record supporting Stop and Frisk and saying there should have been more racial profiling of African-Americans. That would be thrown in his face if he ran by minority activists.

Exactly. He can crow all he wants about being a liberal, but there are too many contentious things on his record.

My concern is that if Trump doesn't get the Republican nomination. I can't believe Trump wouldn't run as an independent if he didn't get the nomination, and that would be a problem for those on the right. And if he did get the nomination, then we'd have Trump as president....

Hey, Darryl: Can we come with you to Panama?

Tamara
01-23-2016, 07:15 PM
Sounds good to me. Which side is he going to bleed votes from?

The Dems need their own Ross Perot, and Bloomberg would be a great choice :D.

Exactly. A Bloomberg run would be the photo negative of l'affaire Perot, and would hand the election to whomever the GOP nominated.

MGW
01-23-2016, 08:21 PM
Here that giant sucking sound? It's not NAFTA this time. It's the DNC hyperventilating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Josh Runkle
01-23-2016, 08:33 PM
Yes, yes, please run. We need a R for Supreme Court appointments. 2nd Amendment rights as we know them depend upon a current 5-4 split in the Supreme Court.

I would slightly twist that and say that we need a conservative for Supreme Court appointments. Trump, for example, running as a republican, has already stated that he strongly wants to put his extremely liberal, anti-gun sister in as a Supreme Court justice, despite the nepotism of the situation. He has stated that he is very serious about this, and it's not just a compliment to his sister.

LOKNLOD
01-23-2016, 08:41 PM
I'd just like to see him burn a large chunk of his fortune on something besides astroturfing gun control fronts.

fixer
01-24-2016, 12:57 AM
I'd love this to be a reality. Imagine his record, statements, and proposals seeing scrutiny from others than his circus of supporters. That'd be fun to watch: So...you really think you'd be giving direction to God himself , and your chances of salvation, based on your work here on earth? yeah...bring it, idiot.

RoyGBiv
01-24-2016, 08:49 AM
The good news in this is that I'm not the only one that thins Hill might be headed for the big house instead of the white one.

Dagga Boy
01-24-2016, 06:00 PM
Exactly. He can crow all he wants about being a liberal, but there are too many contentious things on his record.

My concern is that if Trump doesn't get the Republican nomination. I can't believe Trump wouldn't run as an independent if he didn't get the nomination, and that would be a problem for those on the right. And if he did get the nomination, then we'd have Trump as president....

Hey, Darryl: Can we come with you to Panama?

Ran into some guys at SHOT rocking Panamanian flag morale patches. They fled Venezuela when they went stupid politically and safe haven was Panama for them. They are in the gear business. Gun stuff there went dum about four years ago in Panama, but sounds like it is headed to a change for less restrictions as they have figured out that gun control doesn't work to combat crime. They encouraged me more to retire there as things are getting better everyday, rather than the other way around. Oh yea, I have a Panamanian flag morale patch now! and they left wearing an Aimpoint one....:D

LittleLebowski
01-24-2016, 06:06 PM
Exactly. A Bloomberg run would be the photo negative of l'affaire Perot, and would hand the election to whomever the GOP nominated.

My thoughts, your words.

Glenn E. Meyer
01-25-2016, 12:35 PM
He's a joke:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/michael-bloomberg-presidential-trial-balloon-gop-reaction-218150

I don't think Little Mike understands that the gun issue will bring tons of folks out of the woods to vote against him.

Jeep
01-25-2016, 12:51 PM
He's a joke:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/michael-bloomberg-presidential-trial-balloon-gop-reaction-218150

I don't think Little Mike understands that the gun issue will bring tons of folks out of the woods to vote against him.

I don't think that the Upper West Side/Georgetown/west side of LA/San Francisco/Gold Coast crowd who will back him know anyone who has a gun (except, of course, for their guards and guards don't count because they are part of the "help"). So it is completely mystifying to them why they keep losing elections on the gun issue.

In the end, they figure that most people out in flyover country just aren't smart enough to intuitively understand how wonderful gun control is so they think they need to talk louder and slower to let people know how they should vote on the issue.

The idea that the more noise they make on the issue the more they lose is completely alien to them. Because, after all, everyone they know is in favor of gun control (and indeed, everyone they know believes the exact same things on almost every issue).

Kyle Reese
01-25-2016, 01:54 PM
His only support will be the AstroTurf groups that he funds. Choosy Moms Demand Mikey B 4 Prez will have 50 chapters established in about 72 hours, should he toss his hat in the ring.

Jeep
01-25-2016, 02:15 PM
His only support will be the AstroTurf groups that he funds. Choosy Moms Demand Mikey B 4 Prez will have 50 chapters established in about 72 hours, should he toss his hat in the ring.

You know, that gives me an idea. Maybe we can get some of the gravy too. Establish a "Marvelous Mike for President" organization (with the slogan, "He's taller than you think!"). Apply to Mikey for a grant, which can be used to hire staff--lot's and lot's of staff.

And, of course, some will be spent on advertisements such as "Vote for Mikey--Total Gun Confiscation Today!" And, "Only Mikey's Guards Should be Allowed to Own Guns!"

I think the whole program can be done for less than $100,000 per month.

Chance
03-07-2016, 05:19 PM
Bloomberg has announced (http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-35747683?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central) he shan't run for president.

Glenn E. Meyer
03-07-2016, 06:33 PM
Oh, good. I was worried about a Bloomberg v. Romney slugfest. Now they both are leaving us to their fates.