PDA

View Full Version : Springfield (CZ) M6

SLG
01-22-2016, 07:10 PM
Anyone have one? What do you think about them? How accurate is the .22 barrel? How about the 410 with slugs?

Thanks!

Wheeler
01-22-2016, 08:17 PM
Anyone have one? What do you think about them? How accurate is the .22 barrel? How about the 410 with slugs?

Thanks!

I have one. I've never shot slugs through it as it has a full choke. It patterns buckshot roughly 8" at 15 yards. I haven't done any serious shooting with the .22 for accuracy other than plinking. It shoots minute of soda can at 25 yards. I've also busted clays with it on the sporting clays range.

SLG
01-22-2016, 08:20 PM
I have one. I've never shot slugs through it as it has a full choke. It patterns buckshot roughly 8" at 15 yards. I haven't done any serious shooting with the .22 for accuracy other than plinking. It shoots minute of soda can at 25 yards. I've also busted clays with it on the sporting clays range.

Glad to have it? I didn't know they had a full choke. Can you even shoot slugs through that?

Wheeler
01-22-2016, 09:34 PM
Glad to have it? I didn't know they had a full choke. Can you even shoot slugs through that?

I bought it specifically for my son to learn to shoot with when he was little. He had a hard time with the LOP even on kid sized rifles. The paddle trigger worked well for him to start off with, as he got older I transitioned him to the .410. When he started to develop a flinch I could load both chambers and swap to the .22 until he self corrected and then move him back to the .410. It worked great for that phase of his shooting.

Every thing I've been told says shooting slugs through full chokes is bad ju-ju.

It also worked well as a truck gun and general purpose camp gun. I had planned to try a bit of hunting (tree rats and such) with it but never got around to it.

It's also great as a plinker. We use it to expend ammo that has failed in semi autos, misfeeds and damaged bullets type of stuff.

All in all its a great little setup, within it's limitations. I'd not pay the asking price of many of the ones I've seen listed lately. If I recall correctly they were ranging between $600-$800. I paid $200 for mine about 10 years ago.

Sorry for the long rambling post. I was tossing stuff out as I thought of it.