PDA

View Full Version : Five best things from Shot 2016

GJM
01-21-2016, 10:47 PM
How about if we name the five best things from this year's SHOT.

So far, I have:

1) Langdon PX4 Compact

2) PPS M2

Haven't been able to come up with 3, 4 or 5 yet.

JDM
01-21-2016, 10:51 PM
In order of greatness?

If so,

1) Tom in a bikini

2-5) who GAF?

LSP552
01-21-2016, 10:57 PM
What about the "Tartlets"?

helothar
01-21-2016, 10:58 PM
cz 805 rifle or nah?

CCT125US
01-21-2016, 11:33 PM
The Avidity Arms PD10 is on my short list......

RevolverRob
01-21-2016, 11:46 PM
1) LAV-Ruger Meltdown
2) Federal HST "Short Barrel" 9mm loads
3) Korth L-Frame 9mm conversion
4) New Streamlights - Because nothing in life we need more than 2200 lumen flashlights
5) Kimber K6s (?)

Edit: I see Kahr has announced more Gen 2 pistols...Did anyone ask them when the hell we're going to see the first round announced last year at SHOT with dealers?

PPS: If someone has time, can you pop over to Crye Precision and find out when they're releasing my gee'deed Six12?! I guess my instant gratification American gets a little irritated when things get showcased and then take about fourteen thousand years to hit the market (cough*Magpul*cough). Edit 2: I see TFB beat me to it - http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/01/21/shot-2016-crye-precision-six12-update/

PPGMD
01-21-2016, 11:59 PM
I am purposely ignoring SIG's products in this post.

Honestly there was nothing that overly impressed me.

But based on what I've seen so far at the show, I will be buying a couple of the BAD extended mag releases for my gamer ARs and a UBR 2.0.

Battle Arms development had some really nice light weight ARs.

Although I haven't spent much time on the first floor. Tomorrow I will be wandering around the first floor because as I have no appointments.

PPGMD
01-22-2016, 12:13 AM
I liked the grip module of the P320 Target, but there are still a lot of unknowns regarding that.

It is a prototype. I've offered to break one for them (want something broken send it to me) when I switch back to limited in a couple of months.

Did everyone forget about the 5.11 yoga pants?

:cool:

JHC
01-22-2016, 12:19 AM
1. 320 Target and 320 manual safety
2. K6s snub
3. Howa small action 6.5 Grendel
4. Nighthawk BHP.
5. Plethora of 9mm 1911s

HCM
01-22-2016, 12:28 AM
Here's one:

There is a very nice springfield operator coming via Lipseys. Basically like the Warren operator only with 10-8'sights instead of warrens and a gray frame instead of a green frame.

RevolverRob
01-22-2016, 12:29 AM
4. Nighthawk BHP.

Oh snap, I missed that memo. Don't tell my wife, I'll never get a Six12.

-Rob

Cool Breeze
01-22-2016, 12:32 AM
there doesn't seem like there are a lot of vids out that show awesome things this year...what caught my interest were the following:

1)Kalashnikov USA’s AK-Alfa Rifle
2)Walther PPS m2
3)Six12

I thought there would be a lot of new pistols or modifications of current pistols for the army and fbi contracts...so far it didn't seem that way.

JHC
01-22-2016, 12:33 AM
Re the Lipseys 9mm; reports are floating about a $1400 street price.

HCM
01-22-2016, 12:35 AM
1. Magpul PRS Gen 3 - because it can be installed on any RE (rifle, carbine or A5)
2. Centurion CMR MLOK rail
3. Howa small action 6.5 Grendel
4. Nighthawk BHP.
5. Plethora of 9mm 1911s

HCM
01-22-2016, 12:36 AM

MSRP is $1700 so I could see that .

HCM
01-22-2016, 12:37 AM
This one? http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=SFPE9209LP

5585 (http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=SFPE9209LP)

Yes. Me likey. Especially at 1/2 the price of the Black Baer.

Maple Syrup Actual
01-22-2016, 12:58 AM
1) Colt Canada MMRs
2) Whole bunch of Colt 1911s getting checkered at the factory
3) B. E. Meyers eyesafe green laser module
4) FN's closed bolt semi auto M249
5) 5.11 yoga pants

Sigfan26
01-22-2016, 12:58 AM
I have yet to see anything that makes me want to spend money from SHOT... Am I the only one?

RevolverRob
01-22-2016, 01:29 AM
I have yet to see anything that makes me want to spend money from SHOT... Am I the only one?

I can give you on one hand the guns that have made me go, "Oooh I want to spend money on that!" In the last few years -

1) Crye Precision Six12
2) Kahr Premium Gen2
3) Korth 9mm revolver

For reasons that might or might not be obvious, but basically, because no other products exist like these. A bullpup, cylinder fed, shotgun? Pancor Jackhammer was the last one and it was never produced. A 5", single-stack, integral light rail, cut for optics, DAO, 9mm handgun? No such thing exists currently. A 9mm, non-moonclip, 9mm revolver from legendary manufacturer, Korth? Yep, non-existent.

Although, I might be tempted by the Kimber K6s...Only if it turns out to not be a pulsating ball of suck and fail.

-Rob

elsquid
01-22-2016, 04:02 AM
1 - Korth 9mm conversion cylinder for L frames

2 - Tavor X95

3 - Sako Canadian Ranger rifle to be imported

4 - KelTec RDB-C "California bull pup."

5 - ?

-- Michael

JHC
01-22-2016, 05:51 AM
1 - Korth 9mm conversion cylinder for L frames

2 - Tavor X95

3 - Sako Canadian Ranger rifle to be imported

4 - KelTec RDB-C "California bull pup."

5 - ?

-- Michael

I didn't know about #3. Cool

rob_s
01-22-2016, 08:16 AM
No mention of the Aimpoint 6x magnifier and revised mounts? Not to mention an alleged ~$200 "commercial" magnifier?

Dagga Boy
01-22-2016, 08:36 AM
No mention of the Aimpoint 6x magnifier and revised mounts? Not to mention an alleged ~$200 "commercial" magnifier?

I stare at them 10 hours a day at SHOT...although the commercial versus professional model magnifier will be more like $250 to $300 street price.

Being I only see things between the bathroom and Aimpoint ....none of which I care about, mine are all hanging out related:

Met Tom jones in person.

Reconnecting with an old friend who now lives in Texas so we can hang out.

My pal from Austria was there and is releasing a bunch of new very cool AUG stuff.

Great cop contacts and reunions, including dinner with our guys and a group of great guys from one of LAPDs legendary units, and getting a de brief on 911 that will haunt me forever and really stood out as to how horrible it can be to face things not many can (including a ton of first responders who have the job, but can't handle the really bad stuff) but LE are expected to by a society that has little appreciation for it. Also flew out with my pals from Garland SWAT, who are also fun to hang with.

SHOT is all about connecting and reconnecting with pals for me and little about the gear.

jc000
01-22-2016, 08:49 AM
I didn't know about #3. Cool

Very cool. Have been trying to figure out how to get a .308 battue imported. Hopefully this will be cheap enough to justify not dropping coin on a black bear.

Robinson
01-22-2016, 08:57 AM
2) Whole bunch of Colt 1911s getting checkered at the factory

Really? Do you know which models, besides the Clapp guns?

Disregard, I just saw the Vickers/Hackathorn video that explains it. Pretty good video, btw.

http://www.romeotangobravo.net/2016/01/colt-new-products-shotshow2016.html

voodoo_man
01-22-2016, 09:53 AM
1. PWS DI rifles with new rails and 4 way adjustable bcg (gemtech style)
2. Gemtech 300blk cans designed specifically for bolt action / hunting AR rifles.
3. US night vision 60hz thermal nods for under 10k
4. 5.11 yoga pants - im buying a pair..for uhh...reasons
5. Seeing what nyeti looks like in a wild, unnatural environment.
6. Bonus round, meeting scott sonnan, todd hodnett, jeff Gonzalez, some vietnam era marine sniper dude that face shot 16 charlies with a starlight optic, pointing and laughing at yeager, meeting gov rick perry, and of course have a face to face with PFs #1 guy, tom jones.

Appalachained
01-22-2016, 09:56 AM
New Order NO9 , a 100% American, no MIM parts, low bore axis striker fired polymer pistol with a "1911 like trigger".

Also Caracal is back with their revised "F" pistol. I hope they bring back a "C". I'll definitely buy one as long as it hasn't changed too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StraitR
01-22-2016, 10:08 AM

I can live with that. This is cheap compared other current quality railed 9mm 1911's. Perfect timing too, as I've been chomping at the bit for one.

ETA: Found a few more pics from SHOT. I know nothing about that board, so if it's bad to link, feel free to remove it.

https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/springfield-armory-combat-operator-9mm-pe9209lp-9.25826/

Wayne Dobbs
01-22-2016, 10:27 AM
I stare at them 10 hours a day at SHOT...although the commercial versus professional model magnifier will be more like $250 to $300 street price.

Being I only see things between the bathroom and Aimpoint ....none of which I care about, mine are all hanging out related:

Met Tom jones in person.

Reconnecting with an old friend who now lives in Texas so we can hang out.

My pal from Austria was there and is releasing a bunch of new very cool AUG stuff.

Great cop contacts and reunions, including dinner with our guys and a group of great guys from one of LAPDs legendary units, and getting a de brief on 911 that will haunt me forever and really stood out as to how horrible it can be to face things not many can (including a ton of first responders who have the job, but can't handle the really bad stuff) but LE are expected to by a society that has little appreciation for it. Also flew out with my pals from Garland SWAT, who are also fun to hang with.

SHOT is all about connecting and reconnecting with pals for me and little about the gear.

Darryl is right. SHOT is about people and relationships in the industry. All of the LE ProStaff at Aimpoint have agreed that we are here for the cops, period. We have helped literally dozens of agencies plus dozens more of individual officers with their EO "transitions" here at the show and are willing to help any of you guys with same. PM us and we'll be in touch.

JDM
01-22-2016, 10:45 AM
While it's nothing that anyone besides myself would care about, I did stop by the ATF booth and they were VERY helpful in resolving a messed up Form 1 I e-filed a few weeks ago (and have been completely unsuccessful getting any help with via telephone or email). :)

That's awesome!

PPGMD
01-22-2016, 11:20 AM
Darryl is right. SHOT is about people and relationships in the industry. All of the LE ProStaff at Aimpoint have agreed that we are here for the cops, period. We have helped literally dozens of agencies plus dozens more of individual officers with their EO "transitions" here at the show and are willing to help any of you guys with same. PM us and we'll be in touch.

I'm not LE, but Aimpoint was really helpful. I complained about a complete lack of 4 MOA H1s on the market (and wondered where the new 9 MOA H2 was) and the lady I was directed to said call her up and she would get me to someone that could order me a 4 MOA H1 for my open gun.

John Hearne
01-22-2016, 11:30 AM
What about Nyeti in 5.11 Yoga pants? Someone has to make this happen....

PPGMD
01-22-2016, 11:45 AM

I might be able to get the pants, though I don't think they have anywhere close to his size.

Glenn E. Meyer
01-22-2016, 11:53 AM
Anybody see that new German Polymer pistol - http://www.shotshow.german-pavilion.com/content/en/home/home.php

LOKNLOD
01-22-2016, 12:26 PM
I haven't seen a whole lot I'm interested in from any of the coverage. As usual there are probably some hidden gems we won't see much about for a while longer.

I could use another G19 (couldn't we all?) so I might consider one of the new MOS in hopes of trying out an RDS one of these days.

Interested to see what shakes out in the world of suppressors. I know there were lots of them. Damn things are like smart phones, you can never really get the "newest".

I also have some hope we eventually hear some more good news involving our favorite Gadgets that came from some backroom wheelin' and dealin' at SHOT. Assuming Tom didn't die of toxic fumes.

PPGMD
01-22-2016, 12:35 PM
While I haven't checked the sizes offered by 5.11, I have, unfortunately, seen yoga pants pressed into service that would fit him...

I remember the old joke:
Spandex should be made in a maximum of size 2.
Someone else: It is.

ReverendMeat
01-22-2016, 12:36 PM

What kind of AUG stuff?

NickA
01-22-2016, 12:42 PM
I got to do a few evos with nyeti during Cecil's class last year.
I can say for sure that yoga pants would have been a game changer in terms of OODA reset 😀

GJM
01-22-2016, 01:06 PM
I got to do a few evos with nyeti during Cecil's class last year.
I can say for sure that yoga pants would have been a game changer in terms of OODA reset ��

Is that the class Darryl and Chuck Haggard were grappling together in?

NickA
01-22-2016, 02:06 PM
Is that the class Darryl and Chuck Haggard were grappling together in?
Yep, two living legends in one class, and I wouldn't want to have to fight either, yoga pants or not 😀
Their real-world input and comments really added to (and validated) the material.

Hambo
01-23-2016, 07:22 AM
Really? Do you know which models, besides the Clapp guns?

Disregard, I just saw the Vickers/Hackathorn video that explains it. Pretty good video, btw.

http://www.romeotangobravo.net/2016/01/colt-new-products-shotshow2016.html

Now that is interesting. Not that I'm really thinking about going back to 1911s, but that Hackathorn is working their booth. Colt might have figured out that they can only make a few guns, and be trying to build them well. Of course it's probably a decade too late.

littlejerry
01-23-2016, 08:39 AM
Howa barreled actions available in 6.5

Maple Syrup Actual
01-23-2016, 01:31 PM
Anybody see that new German Polymer pistol - http://www.shotshow.german-pavilion.com/content/en/home/home.php

Was that the Schmeisser SLP9? Interesting company. Their ARs are impressive, and it's hard to build a standout AR. The pistol is interesting but it's hard to see it taking off...niche companies building polymers just seems like...crickets.

Maple Syrup Actual
01-23-2016, 01:40 PM
I didn't see him at their booth and if he was there I'm sad because he's one of my favourite people in the business and I would have for sure said hello.

Anyway their "premium" display was all Wiley Clapp guns that were nicely checkered, plus of course the Hackathorn machine which shoots like a house on fire of course, but they tell me their plan is to do a lot more checkering this year. I forgot to ask how things are going at the Custom Shop which I now feel stupid about because I talked to Colt people for a couple of hours (although mostly Colt Canada) and I want some stuff done at the CCS.

Hambo
01-24-2016, 07:19 AM
I noticed in the linked video that his ID said Colt on it.

OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor
01-24-2016, 09:20 AM
Now that is interesting. Not that I'm really thinking about going back to 1911s, but that Hackathorn is working their booth. Colt might have figured out that they can only make a few guns, and be trying to build them well. Of course it's probably a decade too late.

*Somewhat* surprised as well, having taken 2 classes w/ Ken last year, one up @ Bill Wilson's ranch just north of me. Ken spoke very well (naturally, to be expected) of Bill & his pistols but these two men go wayyy back & are VG friends.

At the end of the day, one has to make a living & Ken said @ both classes that he was only doing 4+ classes this yr but that could change IMO. Hope to catch him again up @ Bill's ranch this yr. as there was talk of a combo. pistol & carb class.

Did I mention what a good training venue Bill & Ryan have created there? If you get the opp. to go there, do it, post an AAR here, then thank me later. Being 1.5hrs. from Paul, 2 hrs. from DB/Wayne & 2hrs. from the WC ranch, I'm feeling damn fortunate w/ my location. Now to work out the details for 2 HITs classes this yr. & 1 back @ WC, good problems to have.

Maple Syrup Actual
01-24-2016, 01:18 PM
I noticed in the linked video that his ID said Colt on it.

Well, I sure am sorry to have missed him if he was there. Not that I mean to imply he and I are friends; I took a couple of classes from him and that's all. I just really liked him and he's one of the people I look up to in life.

Dagga Boy
01-24-2016, 02:00 PM
I got to spend some great time talking to Ken about revolvers and older guns with soul. He is a treasure of our industry and spending time with him makes up for some of the sticker and patch collectors at SHOT.

voodoo_man
01-24-2016, 02:05 PM
I got to spend some great time talking to Ken about revolvers and older guns with soul. He is a treasure of our industry and spending time with him makes up for some of the sticker and patch collectors at SHOT.

I was gana stop by and ask for an aimpoint patch but figured youd point and laugh...

Kidding...i wanted a sticker...

Dagga Boy
01-24-2016, 05:53 PM
I was gana stop by and ask for an aimpoint patch but figured youd point and laugh...

Kidding...i wanted a sticker...

PM and address.....I ll send several of both.....seriously:cool:

voodoo_man
01-24-2016, 06:16 PM
PM and address.....I ll send several of both.....seriously:cool:

Appreciate it, I don't need either unless they are attached to a T2 ;)

LittleLebowski
01-24-2016, 06:46 PM
I already got my T2 and 6x from nyeti, not sure why you guys haven't gotten yours yet :confused:

Thanks, nyeti!

Dagga Boy
01-24-2016, 07:06 PM
Just saw the Vickers video with Ken Hackathorn at the Colt booth. Apparently, Ken knows who Larry is :p(unlike the guy at Ruger) and it was a good interview on the new Colt 1911's with a couple of the best guys around to discuss them. I can't wait to delve into my autographed Vickers book I picked up at SHOT from Larry.

PPGMD
01-24-2016, 07:21 PM
<--- Wants a 9MOA H2 or a 4MOA H1.

Dr. No
01-24-2016, 07:30 PM
It was my first year to go to SHOT and I was decidedly overwhelmed by how big it was. It was really cool to meet a lot of people in person I've talked to for years, but there were a lot more I didn't get to connect with because of ADD and too much going on. I also learned several times over that the person you're talking to who's hawking something may have done something incredibly bad ass and have incredible expertise. Very cool environment. Had a great time at dinner with Darryl and Wayne, and it was nice to meet Tom at the aimpoint booth and chat. For me the show was more about making connections and meeting people than what was coming to market. That and meeting Christmas Abbot at the Beyond Shot party in order to earn the eternal jealousy of a teammate :)

Dagga Boy
01-24-2016, 07:37 PM
It was my first year to go to SHOT and I was decidedly overwhelmed by how big it was. It was really cool to meet a lot of people in person I've talked to for years, but there were a lot more I didn't get to connect with because of ADD and too much going on. I also learned several times over that the person you're talking to who's hawking something may have done something incredibly bad ass and have incredible expertise. Very cool environment. Had a great time at dinner with Darryl and Wayne, and it was nice to meet Tom at the aimpoint booth and chat. For me the show was more about making connections and meeting people than what was coming to market. That and meeting Christmas Abbot at the Beyond Shot party in order to earn the eternal jealousy of a teammate :)

Dinner was great, and because of a shared meal left with more friends than we started with. Plus, it let me say I hung out with gamers....;).

voodoo_man
01-24-2016, 07:40 PM
Dinner was great, and because of a shared meal left with more friends than we started with. Plus, it let me say I hung out with gamers....;).

Gamers?

Did you shower afterwards?

Dagga Boy
01-24-2016, 08:04 PM
Gamers?

Did you shower afterwards?

They were cop gamers, so it was okay...:cool: Plus, shooting with GJM lately has allowed me to build up some immunity to any potential viruses.

GJM
01-24-2016, 08:15 PM
They were cop gamers, so it was okay...:cool: Plus, shooting with GJM lately has allowed me to build up some immunity to any potential viruses.

You are the biggest gamer I know.

Dagga Boy
01-24-2016, 08:21 PM
You are the biggest gamer I know.

Wayne refers to me as the biggest cheater he knows....similar concept...:p

WDW
01-24-2016, 08:48 PM
I liked the new 1911's from Colt & that Crimson Trace Bluetooth light/laser thingy as a range toy.

farscott
01-25-2016, 06:00 AM
For me, the items of interest.

1) The EL Beretta PX4 Compact
2) The S&W Victory .22. Nice to see another all-stainless .22 with barrel swaps under one minute. Plus threaded option and Volquartsen support. I am a solid Ruger Standard through Mark II fan, but the Mark III has left me cold.
3) Ruger, of all companies, offering suppressors. Talk about suppressors going mainstream. One day, perhaps, suppressors will no longer be NFA items.

Other than that, either I missed it or I am underwhelmed by it.

Dr. No
01-25-2016, 07:20 AM

I'm all about mending bridges. :) Glad that worked out. See, I can bring you all sorts of street cred you never knew you needed!

GJM
01-25-2016, 07:29 AM
I'm all about mending bridges. :) Glad that worked out. See, I can bring you all sorts of street cred you never knew you needed!

Where is the picture of you, with your new friend, Christmas?

Hambo
01-25-2016, 07:40 AM
I got to spend some great time talking to Ken about revolvers and older guns with soul. He is a treasure of our industry

In an industry driven by marketing, he stands out because he knows what he's talking about, and not just on a superficial level.

StraitR
01-25-2016, 09:58 AM
I need a 9mm Colt LW Commander. Maybe two.

overton
01-25-2016, 11:37 AM
What kind of AUG stuff?

Trust me, this will boost the AUG in the 21st century. The inventor is an Austrian SOF guy who really, really has lived with this system, knows his
weak points - and has now teamed up with an engineer to do the prototyping.

Default.mp3
01-25-2016, 12:01 PM
Mega Arms SF-MATEN. Small-frame .308 AR from a quality parts maker. 16" comes in at 7.2 lbs. supposedly.
Steiner DBAL-A4. Kinda wary of it, hoping it shows better performance than the DBAL-PL in terms of white light illumination, but pretty cool either way.
Unity Tactical TAPS. Hoping it finally comes out properly.
Daniel Defense going into M-LOK. Just nice to have another quality manufacturer jump into it, though I'd also like to see an expansion of their KeyMod line.
KAC going to M-LOK. Same deal as DD. Will most likely go with their URX 4 for my 11.5" build, unless I spend all my money on the SF-MATEN first.

Dr. No
01-25-2016, 01:00 PM
Where is the picture of you, with your new friend, Christmas?

Being texted to my teammate every two hours overdubbed with maniacal laughter.

Dr. No
01-25-2016, 01:05 PM
Mega Arms SF-MATEN. Small-frame .308 AR from a quality parts maker. 16" comes in at 7.2 lbs. supposedly.
Unity Tactical TAPS. Hoping it finally comes out properly.

yes it does ... It handles just like a carbine. Amazing. Even uses a normal AR15 handguard.

I got to play with TAPS quite a bit. Looks outstanding and is being tested downrange at the moment. They said "late summer".

Default.mp3
01-25-2016, 01:15 PM
yes it does ... It handles just like a carbine. Amazing. Even uses a normal AR15 handguard. Do you know what barrel profile it has, and how the adjustable gas system works? Perhaps one of these years I'll finagle my way into SHOT, though know my luck, I'd probably catch the SHOT AIDS doing so.

taadski
01-25-2016, 01:31 PM
Being texted to my teammate every two hours overdubbed with maniacal laughter.

Post that shit! You can swirl your face, but realistically we're not gonna be looking at you anyway. And bonus points if her revolver tat is in the pic! :p

Bratch
01-25-2016, 01:37 PM
Post that shit! You can swirl your face, but realistically we're not gonna be looking at you anyway. And bonus points if her revolver tat is in the pic! :p

This times 1000. My wife told me Christmas was at SHOT but I haven't hunted down any pics.

Dr. No
01-25-2016, 03:11 PM
Do you know what barrel profile it has, and how the adjustable gas system works? Perhaps one of these years I'll finagle my way into SHOT, though know my luck, I'd probably catch the SHOT AIDS doing so.

It is a very light profile, different than the normal MATEN. I'm not sure exactly. These units did not have an adjustable gas system.

I must have used an entire bottle of hand sanitizer and washed my hands a dozen times a day. It worked..

Dr. No
01-25-2016, 03:17 PM

I can't claim to be that good, but for the record it was cold outside!

Cool story bro time: I see her and stop her "Excuse me, Christmas ... one of my teammates is madly in love with you and I'd love to get a photo with you to make him insanely jealous." Her : "Of course!" So she puts her arm around me and her purse swings out in front of her, bumping me in the crotch. She holds me tight and quietly says "I'm really happy to see you". I couldn't stop laughing. Cool as hell. Tiny thing! But just as beautiful in person.

Dagga Boy
01-25-2016, 03:42 PM
Who is Christmas? Is this some sort of internet thing?

tanner
01-25-2016, 03:45 PM
Christmas Abbot. Google search, then hit images. You won't be dissapointed.

Dagga Boy
01-25-2016, 03:57 PM
Christmas Abbot. Google search, then hit images. You won't be dissapointed.

What's wrong with her....she is covered in lumps. Not my type. Although I get why Dr. No is so excited....he is one of those tats and lumps people.

Now, if Ashley Graham was there.....I would have been like a duck on a June bug (my Texas stuff is getting better).

tanner
01-25-2016, 04:17 PM
If I only had one "type", my life would be much simpler. I'm a sucker for all (well maybe most) kinds.

I'm fairly certain either Ms Abbot or Ms Graham could easily have me wrapped around their little finger (if they so chose) without much effort.

Up1911Fan
01-25-2016, 04:57 PM
I'm digging some of the new Dan Wesson 9mm 1911's.

Hambo
01-25-2016, 06:22 PM
Who is Christmas? Is this some sort of internet thing?

On behalf of the rest of us old, out of touch dudes, thanks for asking. Two things I was never interested in with women: tattoos and how much they can deadlift.

KL4545
01-25-2016, 06:53 PM
LMT compressor sorta want

Maple Syrup Actual
01-25-2016, 07:46 PM
Compressor shoots fine, feels like a typical LMT when it's not compressed. If you figure you might benefit from the shortened stock, well, it's got that.

Personally I thought the SOPMOD was a little wide for a stock to cut down. You end up with a gun that's short, but kind of bulky feeling.

UNK
01-25-2016, 08:25 PM
How about the Sky Marshall 6 shot 9mm revolver from Korth? http://www.shotshow.german-pavilion.com/content/en/exhibitors/exhibitors_detail.php?exhibitor_id=54551&searchText=

http://kortharms.com/en/models.html

5652 5653

Dagga Boy
01-25-2016, 09:14 PM
I played with the Sky marshal a lot last year. The conversion cylinders to make a S&W L frame into a 9mm was also interesting, but no English speakers were at Korth when I went by to give me a run down.

45dotACP
01-25-2016, 09:57 PM
I'm no connoisseur of fancy guns, but that Korth is just uglier than a burning turd...

Which may be why SHOT was so smelly this year?

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk

ReverendMeat
01-25-2016, 10:39 PM
Trust me, this will boost the AUG in the 21st century. The inventor is an Austrian SOF guy who really, really has lived with this system, knows his
weak points - and has now teamed up with an engineer to do the prototyping.

I'm definitely intrigued. Any more details to spare?

BWT
01-25-2016, 10:49 PM
I'm excited to see how the Streamlight Pro-Tac Rail mount works out.

http://www.streamlight.com/static/document/data_sheet/ProTac%20Rail%20Mount%201%20Data%20Sheet.pdf

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/01/20/shot-2016-streamlight-protac-rail-mount-lights/

http://www.lapolicegear.com/st-88058-protac-rail-1.html

I thought it was interesting; obviously not surefire reputation/quality but still nice to see competitive options.

God Bless,

Brandon

RevolverRob
01-25-2016, 11:38 PM
I'm no connoisseur of fancy guns, but that Korth is just uglier than a burning turd...

Which may be why SHOT was so smelly this year?

It may be uglier than the hangover you get after a night of drinkin' moonshine with the trashy two-toothed trailer park Tennessee twins, but I want one almost as much as I want a Manurhin MR-73.

Which is really basically...all the want in the world.

Seriously. I can count on one hand the number of guns I want really, really, bad. Like bad enough to do heinously bad things for...and a Korth is one of them.

1slow
01-26-2016, 12:49 AM
Be a hard gun to holster securely because of its shape.

UNK
01-26-2016, 10:14 AM
The article I read said K frame size for the Air Marshal. If it was J frame size I would be interested.

I played with the Sky marshal a lot last year. The conversion cylinders to make a S&W L frame into a 9mm was also interesting, but no English speakers were at Korth when I went by to give me a run down.

It may be uglier than the hangover you get after a night of drinkin' moonshine with the trashy two-toothed trailer park Tennessee twins, but I want one almost as much as I want a Manurhin MR-73.

Seriously. I can count on one hand the number of guns I want really, really, bad. Like bad enough to do heinously bad things for...and a Korth is one of them.

Glenn E. Meyer
01-26-2016, 10:21 AM
Just saw this - https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/a-new-british-made-handgun-the-return-of-the-webley-shot-show-2016/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=20160126_SHOT16_4&-CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED-=/blog/a-new-british-made-handgun-the-return-of-the-webley-shot-show-2016/

But this is not just a reproduction of the old Webley. For example the caliber is no longer in the almost impossible to find .455 but in .357 Magnum. Changing to the smaller caliber opened up the space for a 7th round.

Production will be extremely limited to about 50 guns per year. Engraved versions and exotic grips will be the norm for these. Most will be handled on a custom order basis. The price point will land around 6,500 Pounds Sterling or about $10,000.

----------- That's a lot of money. Is it even legal to own in England.
Not going to look for it, but if IIRC, in India they are selling new 32 cal versions of the Webley aimed at the women's SD market.

StraitR
01-26-2016, 11:05 AM
yes it does ... It handles just like a carbine. Amazing. Even uses a normal AR15 handguard.

Here is more on the SF-MATEN for those interested. I think it looks really nice, and at 7.2lbs, I must have one (someday).

http://www.ar15news.com/2016/01/20/shot-show-2016-mega-arms/

And I found this video on M4C.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP9lRfAghBg

Jeep
01-26-2016, 01:10 PM

I'm pretty sure that PF has a rule that the first person to mention a Manurhin MR-73 in a thread is required to post a photo of one.

WobblyPossum
01-26-2016, 01:57 PM
I was actually kind of excited about the .357 magnum Webley until the video got to the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45dotACP
01-26-2016, 05:21 PM
An affordable Webley would get my attention, but ten grand for one? Guy's smoking crack over there...

BWT
01-27-2016, 07:00 PM
How did nobody mention this?

http://www.guns.com/2015/08/10/kalashnikov-usa-prices-out-first-wave-of-american-aks/

Russian made Kalashnikov's made in the USA at ridiculous good pricing?

God Bless,

Brandon

voodoo_man
01-27-2016, 08:35 PM
How did nobody mention this?

http://www.guns.com/2015/08/10/kalashnikov-usa-prices-out-first-wave-of-american-aks/

Russian made Kalashnikov's made in the USA at ridiculous good pricing?

God Bless,

Brandon

I love modern rifles!

/sarcasm

http://14544-presscdn-0-64.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/kalashnikov-usa-prices-4.png

RevolverRob
01-27-2016, 09:00 PM
I love modern rifles!

/sarcasm

http://14544-presscdn-0-64.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/kalashnikov-usa-prices-4.png

And all the rifle open-carry zealots simultaneously need to change their pants.

StraitR
01-27-2016, 10:05 PM
I can appreciate the wood stocked AKM's. If they made better suppressor hosts, I'd probably buy one.

About six years ago I went on a big AK kick, shot an Arsenal SGL21 exclusively for over a year, and even built a trainer.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1646/24030252904_cd8b8dce32_c.jpg

BWT
01-27-2016, 10:19 PM
I was interested in their synthetic rifle; they had the 9mm as well at shot.

http://www.kalashnikov-usa.com/firearms

My only concern is they have no association with Kalashnikov concern; it appears they're a large importer who turned manufacturer after the sanction. I'd like to see more on their quality.

Their AK synthetic I found for near $700; my Arsenal SGL21 was near that.

God bless,

Brandon

ETA: https://www.kygunco.com/mobile/products.cfm/id/97962/name/kalashnikov-usa

My concern is if they can properly manufacture the guns.

HCM
01-27-2016, 10:55 PM
I was interested in their synthetic rifle; they had the 9mm as well at shot.

http://www.kalashnikov-usa.com/firearms

My only concern is they have no association with Kalashnikov concern; it appears they're a large importer who turned manufacturer after the sanction. I'd like to see more on their quality.

Their AK synthetic I found for near $700; my Arsenal SGL21 was near that.

God bless,

Brandon

ETA: https://www.kygunco.com/mobile/products.cfm/id/97962/name/kalashnikov-usa

My concern is if they can properly manufacture the guns.

You might want to do some research on DDI. Troy Sellars of Inrange, one of the better quality AK custom builders is involved. They seem to be the best bet for U.S. made AK right now.

GJM
01-28-2016, 08:03 AM
I can appreciate the wood stocked AKM's. If they made better suppressor hosts, I'd probably buy one.

About six years ago I went on a big AK kick, shot an Arsenal SGL21 exclusively for over a year, and even built a trainer.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1646/24030252904_cd8b8dce32_c.jpg

I also went big AK about the same time, but realized it is now an AR world, and with .300 BLK, there isn't much an AK offers that an AR doesn't do better.

StraitR
01-28-2016, 09:22 AM
I also went big AK about the same time, but realized it is now an AR world, and with .300 BLK, there isn't much an AK offers that an AR doesn't do better.

Agreed. In hindsight, I was looking for something different to play with. It was so different in fact, that I became briefly enamored, but the honeymoon ended and I returned to an AR. This still happens to me periodically with handguns, where I'll shoot a Glock for 3-4 years then run off to sow some oats with an M&P, 1911, or Beretta. Not long after the departure, I return to what works best for (pragmatic) me.

Glenn E. Meyer
01-28-2016, 10:18 AM
Anybody lining up for the Taurus with wings?

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/taurus-shot-show-2016/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=20160128_SHOT16_6&utm_campaign=/blog/taurus-shot-show-2016/

Trigger
01-28-2016, 11:05 AM
Here is more on the SF-MATEN for those interested. I think it looks really nice, and at 7.2lbs, I must have one (someday).

http://www.ar15news.com/2016/01/20/shot-show-2016-mega-arms/

And I found this video on M4C.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP9lRfAghBg

I must have one someday as well. I like that they based it on some of the design/parts of the DPMS G2, with Mega Arms improvements. I wish it was side-charging like a JP CTR-07 or SCR-11. I'm curious about how the upper receiver extends forward of the front takedown pin, and includes the mount for the handguard. Based on that, I wonder what the barrel nut looks like. If the barrel+nut mounts to the receiver with precision, and the upper is properly gassed, this has the potential to be a very accurate and low recoil rifle.

rob_s
01-28-2016, 11:33 AM
Agreed. In hindsight, I was looking for something different to play with. It was so different in fact, that I became briefly enamored, but the honeymoon ended and I returned to an AR. This still happens to me periodically with handguns, where I'll shoot a Glock for 3-4 years then run off to sow some oats with an M&P, 1911, or Beretta. Not long after the departure, I return to what works best for (pragmatic) me.

The AK experiment, much like the iron-sighted AR experiment, much like the bolt-action "practical rifle" experiment, all taught me a lot about shooting, gear, training, learning, teaching, etc. that I wouldn't have otherwise picked up had I not engaged in those things.

I still think I *should* own one AK in 762x39 with some mags and ammo stockpiled. I don't see anything from the Kalishikov US lineup that would make me choose them instead of the DDI I currently plan on picking up. The fact that I can get the DDI with Magpul furniture, drop in an ALG trigger, and invest in a QD mount that attaches and detaches almost at will are all practical aspects that make me lean that way vs. some emotion-driven desire to have a "Kalishnikov", or wood furniture, etc.

Default.mp3
01-28-2016, 02:54 PM
I'm curious about how the upper receiver extends forward of the front takedown pin, and includes the mount for the handguard. Based on that, I wonder what the barrel nut looks like. If the barrel+nut mounts to the receiver with precision, and the upper is properly gassed, this has the potential to be a very accurate and low recoil rifle.I'm fairly certain that this is the system they use: http://www.megaarms.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/MKM-BARREL-INSTALLATION-INSTRUCTIONS.pdf

They are supposedly using Syrac adjustable gas blocks for this build. Not a huge fan of that, and am rather wary of the melonited 416R pencil barrel that it might come with, since I'd like to run it suppressed. Ideally, I'd like to be able to swap out the barrel for a Criterion hybrid contour CL CMV with a MicroMOA Govnah, but we'll see.

Haraise
01-28-2016, 06:46 PM
I'm fairly certain that this is the system they use: http://www.megaarms.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/MKM-BARREL-INSTALLATION-INSTRUCTIONS.pdf

They are supposedly using Syrac adjustable gas blocks for this build. Not a huge fan of that, and am rather wary of the melonited 416R pencil barrel that it might come with, since I'd like to run it suppressed. Ideally, I'd like to be able to swap out the barrel for a Criterion hybrid contour CL CMV with a MicroMOA Govnah, but we'll see.

I asked them to take apart the new .308 upper when I was at the booth. It looks just like the system linked above under the handguard. :)

BWT
01-29-2016, 01:04 AM
The AK experiment, much like the iron-sighted AR experiment, much like the bolt-action "practical rifle" experiment, all taught me a lot about shooting, gear, training, learning, teaching, etc. that I wouldn't have otherwise picked up had I not engaged in those things.

I still think I *should* own one AK in 762x39 with some mags and ammo stockpiled. I don't see anything from the Kalishikov US lineup that would make me choose them instead of the DDI I currently plan on picking up. The fact that I can get the DDI with Magpul furniture, drop in an ALG trigger, and invest in a QD mount that attaches and detaches almost at will are all practical aspects that make me lean that way vs. some emotion-driven desire to have a "Kalishnikov", or wood furniture, etc.

I'm not seeking to purchase another AK and it's not an emotion driven desire to get another AK.

Basically, watch the following video. The GM of K-Var (Arsenal's retailer) stating that they expect to be out of stamped 7.62 guns this month. He says he believes they have enough to get through the rest of the year without an event (read panic buy aka a Democrat in office) with the milled inventory they have. But with the ramping up with ISIS going on and Arsenal Bulgaria providing weapons to many middle eastern countries for the next 3 to 5 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=nyYF2yeM2Ik

So, what that culminates to me is between the 5.45 surplus ban (thus really removing the primary value of the 5.45 offerings in my opinion), the Russian sanction banning SAIGA's to be used as the basis for rifles (they did have Chrome Hammer Forged barrels whereas DDI uses traditional button rifled barrels from Green Mountain), and the supplemental plants in other countries (Bulgaria) being over saturated because of ISIS for the foreseeable future; storm clouds are on the horizon for anything but domestically made AK's for the foreseeable future. Arsenal (which was the gold standard for AK's) is saying pickings will be slim for the next half decade basically. At least through this and possibly almost into the next Presidential election cycle (2020).

Observing that information; I was excited about another AK vendor offering (at what first appeared) a quality gun at what seemed to be a good price (Sub $1,000).

I don't care for the CAA or Tapco stuff but they offer more generic pattern rifles; so that seemed interesting. Make of that information what you will but I just thought it was good news.

Thanks all for the recommendations for DDI; if I do decide again to purchase another AK pattern rifle I'll check them out.

God Bless,

Brandon

Haraise
01-29-2016, 01:19 AM
To pile on, DDI's AK based offerings were extremely impressive, especially their 12g.

Drang
01-29-2016, 03:42 AM
Trump was at SHOT? (http://twitchy.com/2016/01/22/donald-trump-at-the-shotshow-dont-give-federal-lands-to-the-states-to-manage/)

voodoo_man
01-29-2016, 06:56 AM
Trump was at SHOT? (http://twitchy.com/2016/01/22/donald-trump-at-the-shotshow-dont-give-federal-lands-to-the-states-to-manage/)

His son was walking around...

GJM
02-16-2016, 03:27 PM
I completely retract my statement about the helpfulness of the ATF people resolving my messed up Form 1. I've sent several email messages with the requested info to the women I spoke with, but so far she's not resolved the issue, responded to my messages, or even acknowledged receipt of them. :(

That is a relief, as I thought maybe they were just being non-responsive to me.

JM Campbell
02-25-2016, 02:28 PM
Approximately 18 hours after posting this I was contacted by the ATF and ~28 hours later my issue was resolved. :cool:
Big brother is watching [emoji41]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk