PDA

View Full Version : No new FN "TP9" for MHS contract at Shot?

Polecat
01-20-2016, 04:17 PM
None of the vendors seem like they are showing their cards yet? No new FN, no Gen 2 M&P etc.

Bummer!

JHC
01-20-2016, 04:37 PM
I know. I was hoping to see the whole line up. Sig showed some nice stuff but that was it AFAIK.

MichaelD
01-20-2016, 04:37 PM
Absolutely a bummer... I've really been looking forward to seeing what S&W has come up with.

orionz06
01-20-2016, 04:47 PM
A good FNS might be neat.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl

JSGlock34
01-20-2016, 06:18 PM
Really a let-down. I really haven't seen any FBI or MHS contract specific information. Bummer.

HCM
01-20-2016, 07:46 PM
The FBI and MHS submissions aren't due till the end of the month. Maybe we will see more at the NRA show.

JHC
01-21-2016, 06:45 AM
The FBI and MHS submissions aren't due till the end of the month. Maybe we will see more at the NRA show.

I might drive up to Louisville for that. Scheduling fouled up going to Nashville last year.

jim_gun
01-21-2016, 06:01 PM
I wonder if the release of some companies' new models, developed in response to the federal solicitations, will be contingent on their winning the contract?

HCM
01-22-2016, 02:45 AM
In the case of the S&W M&P Gen 2 - the Detroit PD mentioned they are transitioning to the M&P Gen 2 in some internal correspondence - indicating it does exist and isn't just for the MHS.

There was a thread on here about purchase of the trait PD trade-in guns. Apparently there was a memo put out two officers who wanted to buy their old service weapon which mentioned transition to the M&P Gen 2.

jim_gun
01-22-2016, 07:53 AM
In the case of the S&W M&P Gen 2 - the Detroit PD mentioned they are transitioning to the M&P Gen 2 in some internal correspondence - indicating it does exist and isn't just for the MHS.

Good news - Thanks!

And may the best gun win.

Polecat
01-22-2016, 03:29 PM
There was a response from S&W customer service on the phone, whom said " if you like the Sig P320, you'll like what we are working on." or something close. I think it was on one of the S&W forums.

The TP9 has be intrigued, frustrating in that I thought they were going to bring 'em out for media day per FN rep he posted in another thread. Heck, how about a teaser?

stinx
01-23-2016, 06:25 AM
I think Gen 2 M&P's are out already, my agency got new M&P 40's in June. The newest M&P's have a better trigger, the reset is stronger but still not Glock like, We were told the frames are made of a different polymer , The frames feel a little bit more grippy and the 40's now come with a stronger recoil spring. The recoil spring used to be powder blue colored,On the newest guns we received the spring is now colored greenish yellow. Our S&W rep told us its the spring from the 357 sig M&P and that all 40's will be using these .The gun looks unchanged appearance wise. YMMV

Polecat
01-23-2016, 08:44 AM
I think Gen 2 M&P's are out already, my agency got new M&P 40's in June. The newest M&P's have a better trigger, the reset is stronger but still not Glock like, We were told the frames are made of a different polymer , The frames feel a little bit more grippy and the 40's now come with a stronger recoil spring. The recoil spring used to be powder blue colored,On the newest guns we received the spring is now colored greenish yellow. Our S&W rep told us its the spring from the 357 sig M&P and that all 40's will be using these .The gun looks unchanged appearance wise. YMMV

No, the submission for the MHS is supposedly different design altogether. The rep hinted at modularity.

stinx
01-23-2016, 05:42 PM
No, the submission for the MHS is supposedly different design altogether. The rep hinted at modularity.

Right so a different design would not be a Gen 2 M&P

JSGlock34
01-23-2016, 06:12 PM
I think we're going to see lots of 'modular' guns. I understand the Beretta APX (conspicuously absent from SHOT news) also uses a serialized chassis similar to the SIG P320.

Tamara
01-23-2016, 06:18 PM
Right so a different design would not be a Gen 2 M&P

Marketing will call it what it wants. I note that the current M&P isn't a fixed-sight medium-frame revolver, for instance. ;)