PDA

View Full Version : Getting rifle refinished/coated

breakingtime91
01-17-2016, 10:51 PM
I have an issue. I really, really, really like gray AR 15s. It started when the Jack Carbine came out and now I want to send my carbine in to get the krylon off and refinished in a sniper gray/black combo. Anyone know of the best place to send it?

Paul D
01-17-2016, 11:29 PM
I have sent all of my guns to Robar here in Phoenix for any refinishing jobs. Their finish is outstanding, but maybe more expensive than other outfits that do Cerakote. Here is a sample they did for me: Roguard black, with NP3 magazine and internals including bolt, and OD green for the stock. I'm sure they can do your black/gray combo.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i45/pnduong/IMG_0322_zpsbf5bc598.jpg

El Cid
01-17-2016, 11:49 PM
I bought a sniper gray Cerakoted upper from DSG. It's very dark. Much darker than the pics of The Jack carbine appear. My next build is going to be anodized in either grey or foliage. Anodizing is much more durable than other options but to match the parts all need to be done in the same bath. ADM has a grey anodized finish on their optic mounts I like. They gave me the name of the company they use and they were most helpful. Forget the name but have it written down at work.