PDA

View Full Version : Proficiency sells holsters?

LittleLebowski
01-15-2016, 04:59 AM
Not impressed.

http://youtu.be/Q1H0CPy6tQ0

Rich@CCC
01-15-2016, 10:16 AM
this shows the gear's pros and cons how?

Luke
01-15-2016, 10:21 AM
I had to pause it right after it started and turn my wifi off. I really don't want the company IT people to think I like these kinds of videos lol.

On the other hand, I really want a drone now.

Bravo concealment has always had horrendous advertising. If you flip through a gun magazine they always have a add or two with some one doing something weird with a gun/holster.

ubervic
01-15-2016, 10:21 AM
I'm quite impressed.

What's her name?? :D

45dotACP
01-15-2016, 10:23 AM
"Discount Cory and Erika"

😒

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk

Luke
01-15-2016, 10:25 AM
Ole xd got dat anti gravity mag

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp81/hook_setter/D0AD34A4-E1A1-4C62-A122-FCF9C46A2849_zps6pijmchy.png (http://s400.photobucket.com/user/hook_setter/media/D0AD34A4-E1A1-4C62-A122-FCF9C46A2849_zps6pijmchy.png.html)

http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp81/hook_setter/D4B14852-E984-48F1-B90E-54D37E908AD7_zpsqzonigj6.png (http://s400.photobucket.com/user/hook_setter/media/D4B14852-E984-48F1-B90E-54D37E908AD7_zpsqzonigj6.png.html)

LittleLebowski
01-15-2016, 10:37 AM
I like the women in the gun industry that are competent and don't use sex appeal to compensate.

BN
01-15-2016, 10:39 AM
On the other hand, I really want a drone now.

The drone was the best part of the video. :)

BehindBlueI's
01-15-2016, 11:00 AM
I think we all know the draw of that video...and it's not the drawing.

gtmtnbiker98
01-15-2016, 11:06 AM

Nor the holsters.

ubervic
01-15-2016, 11:14 AM

Wait....wut? They were demonstrating drawing? From holsters?

How did I miss that?

Luke
01-15-2016, 12:00 PM
Some of you guys are really showing your age. That lady is old enough to be my mom!

:p

LSP552
01-15-2016, 12:14 PM
Some of you guys are really showing your age. That lady is old enough to be my mom!

Dude.....go to your room. :D

GardoneVT
01-15-2016, 12:16 PM
Nor the holsters.

Objection overruled.

;)

BehindBlueI's
01-15-2016, 12:23 PM

Why don't you go sit in the corner and color while the adults talk?

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/50133724.jpg

Peally
01-15-2016, 12:36 PM
Not gonna lie, I laughed at their old Carnik Con commercials:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dBF6P2TM_k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWP1KF-6B6s

LorenzoS
01-15-2016, 02:32 PM
I don't find either of the women in the video attractive in the slightest.

Luke
01-15-2016, 02:46 PM

And now we've found the second forum member under 65.

SecondsCount
01-15-2016, 02:55 PM
I'm probably not going to be buying the product but I thought the gun handling skills were in the top 1% of the shooters in this country.

Not the best but not far from where most of us came from not too long ago.

Luke
01-15-2016, 02:57 PM
They aren't that bad, you are correct. But if I'm in the holster making business I would kindly pass on them. All though the funny videos were really good. I didn't have as much of a mental speed bump over the shooting as I did all the "adults" gawking at the old lady

;)

jc000
01-15-2016, 03:23 PM

orionz06
01-15-2016, 03:33 PM
Pretty much. Ironically this sorta goes against the other thread with how people are treated and stereotyped but if someone is gonna try and fit a certain role I'll judge them in it.

And I'm glad I've turned down most every YouTuber who has asked for free shit.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl

BehindBlueI's
01-15-2016, 04:33 PM

What about the guy?

Luke
01-15-2016, 04:42 PM
What about the guy?

7/10.

olstyn
01-15-2016, 04:50 PM

I've seen far worse at local matches, yeah. That said, what's up with her going for the mag that's farthest back on her belt first and then proceeding forward? Seems like that would not just feel awkward but also be slower than going for the front-most mag first.

As to the stuff the rest of you are discussing, well, I knew we were going to be headed down that path as soon as I saw her demonstrate her hair-flipping skills before doing any actual shooting. :P

45dotACP
01-15-2016, 05:28 PM

[emoji14]
Mine too

Still though.....

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk

orionz06
01-15-2016, 05:31 PM
I've seen far worse at local matches, yeah. That said, what's up with her going for the mag that's farthest back on her belt first and then proceeding forward? Seems like that would not just feel awkward but also be slower than going for the front-most mag first.

As to the stuff the rest of you are discussing, well, I knew we were going to be headed down that path as soon as I saw her demonstrate her hair-flipping skills before doing any actual shooting. :P

Yeah, that was something that was glaring as well. I'd be curious how they left a class with that particular draw stroke though before working on approaching the reload.

BaiHu
01-15-2016, 06:29 PM
Not impressed.

http://youtu.be/Q1H0CPy6tQ0

Two questions:

1) Is that his mom or is she a cougar?
2) Calling Travis Haley: Can you show her how to high-speed scan with a tactical scrunchie or should she just go with an operator bob like Aeon Flux?

ubervic
01-15-2016, 06:43 PM
Who cares about how well she draws? lol

john c
01-15-2016, 10:10 PM

If your mom looks like that, what's her number? [emoji12]

Just kidding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

orionz06
01-15-2016, 10:29 PM
Two questions:

1) Is that his mom or is she a cougar?
2) Calling Travis Haley: Can you show her how to high-speed scan with a tactical scrunchie or should she just go with an operator bob like Aeon Flux?

I'm beginning to wonder if folks know what a cougar really is.

GJM
01-15-2016, 10:55 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if folks know what a cougar really is.

I have heard rumors that there is another shooting forum that might have a thread with pictures of a cougar.

Robert Mitchum
01-15-2016, 11:19 PM
50 Year Old Farm Girl...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dlwBanbW9g

mark7
01-16-2016, 01:52 AM
Who cares about how well she draws? lol

;)

Casual Friday
01-16-2016, 08:15 AM
A few things I took away from that video.

-The post shoot scan assess move is further complicated if your hair swings around in your face.
-My draw isn't as bad as I thought.
-My reloads aren't either.
-I need a drone.

LittleLebowski
01-16-2016, 08:55 AM
I hope that she uses her YouTube channel to get some training.

BehindBlueI's
01-16-2016, 11:24 AM
A few things I took away from that video.

-The post shoot scan assess move is further complicated if your hair swings around in your face.
-My draw isn't as bad as I thought.
-My reloads aren't either.
-I need a drone.

Her hair isn't the only thing swinging during the "scan".

MGW
01-16-2016, 11:30 AM
So many inappropriate jokes in my head. Must resist.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clay1
01-16-2016, 03:08 PM
Someone has a post about sexism and racism in the shooting sports on this forum. They could just link to this thread.

Having said the above, she isn't so terrible. As her instructor, I would get her to stop putting her rear out and squatting on the reload so much, but I can understand why her instructor didn't correct her actions right away.

GardoneVT
01-16-2016, 03:31 PM
Someone has a post about sexism and racism in the shooting sports on this forum. They could just link to this thread.

Whoa there cuz.

Let's get something clear. Sexism /racism has nothing to do with deliberate self-exhibition.

As to the squatting position, its a tactic. If we are looking here.....so will RayRay at 3 AM. While he's sneaking a peak at her assets...

---BLAM--

45dotACP
01-16-2016, 04:14 PM
She's coachable...I'd coach her for free!

Really though: She does actually use the slide release, something rare enough for the Cory and Erika types out there...if her and her hubby actually bought a timer instead of the fancy new Coyote FDE holster for their unsuppressed guns with threaded barrels, they'd probably improve a fair amount... :D

Tamara
01-16-2016, 05:31 PM
I'm probably not going to be buying the product but I thought the gun handling skills were in the top 1% of the shooters in this country.

Way to harsh my mellow.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk

BehindBlueI's
01-16-2016, 06:49 PM

Why?

GJM
01-16-2016, 07:12 PM
Don't you think they have at least a single competent shooting friend who could look at the video and tell them they look silly?

BaiHu
01-16-2016, 07:20 PM
Don't you think they have at least a single competent shooting friend who could look at the video and tell them they look silly?
Friends don't let friends go full retard.

Arbninftry
01-16-2016, 09:46 PM
Isn't JMAC customs on this board as a member?

Clay1
01-17-2016, 03:24 PM
Why?
You don't think that much of the discussion on the video revolves around the assets of one of the shooters and we're not talking about shooting skills?

One of the reason you won't see me post video of my wife or daughter shooting. The woman in the video is pretty to this old guy. I also understand that many products from cars to holster rely on sex appeal to market their wares.

It's not a federal case, just a comment on the path of the discussion, which I am guilty of contributing to as well. I'm not casting stones here, just commenting.

StraitR
01-17-2016, 03:43 PM
Lost me at "XD(M)".

BehindBlueI's
01-17-2016, 03:48 PM
You don't think that much of the discussion on the video revolves around the assets of one of the shooters and we're not talking about shooting skills?

One of the reason you won't see me post video of my wife or daughter shooting. The woman in the video is pretty to this old guy. I also understand that many products from cars to holster rely on sex appeal to market their wares.

It's not a federal case, just a comment on the path of the discussion, which I am guilty of contributing to as well. I'm not casting stones here, just commenting.

I fail to see how any of that relates to sexism or racism in the shooting sports. Like you said, this is marketing and using hot women to attract views is hardly unique to the shooting world nor do I see how its inherently sexist. She's using her looks, we're commenting on her looks, how is that sexist. Matthew McConaughey isn't selling Lincolns because he's a car expert. Sexism against men in the car industry? There's a difference between recognizing sex appeal and being sexist.

I bet you'd get a completely different of a video of a young girls and women engaged in actual shooting sports, such as: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZE-EDGw2vo or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SORxmwmrcUI and not due to age but due to obviously being serious about competition and being shooters, not spokesmodels.

I'm certainly not going to argue their isn't sexism and racism in the shooting world, it's part of the real world and those things exist everywhere to a greater or lesser degree, but I fail to see how this thread is illustrative of this.

orionz06
01-17-2016, 04:18 PM
Whoa there cuz.

Let's get something clear. Sexism /racism has nothing to do with deliberate self-exhibition.

As to the squatting position, its a tactic. If we are looking here.....so will RayRay at 3 AM. While he's sneaking a peak at her assets...

---BLAM--

I think the only relation this video has to sexism is it undermines women who do shoot well and don't play pretend gun bunny. That said... It's apparent that they are proud of where they are skill wise and relative to the average shooter they might as well be Dave Sevigny. I keep going back and forth but the simple fact that she isn't an ugly female and most of the video is her I think they're trying to exploit that. It's annoying.

And for her to be a cougar she needs to not only have some age difference she also needs to be in pursuit of younger men. Just because she's not 25 doesn't make her a cougar.

Drang
01-17-2016, 04:21 PM
The fact is that these days expressing admiration for a woman's appearance is very likely to elicit accusations of sexism.

But when we express gratitude for African American Second Amendment activists no one calls it racist???:confused:

GardoneVT
01-17-2016, 04:33 PM
I think the only relation this video has to sexism is it undermines women who do shoot well and don't play pretend gun bunny. That said... It's apparent that they are proud of where they are skill wise and relative to the average shooter they might as well be Dave Sevigny.

It's my observation most 'average' female shooters are measurably superior to males , all other factors being equal. Leaving the ego at home can do wonders.