PDA

View Full Version : Razorback Blade from Dynamis Alliance

Irelander
01-14-2016, 05:16 PM
Just got word that Dom and the guys at Dynamis Alliance came out with a new blade more geared toward CCW. Its called the Razorback, presumably because of the serrated portion of the blade.

From Dynamis (https://www.dynamisalliance.com/gear/razorback-blade):

The Razorback design is your compact, low visibility, carry blade. We reduced the weight and overall profile in order to fulfill a light weight and minimalistic role in your carry system. The blade is at the minimum effective length (3.5") for most vital targets and the handle is compact enough that it will naturally fill your hand with no excess. The serrations on the spine increase the "bite" on your target when you are hooking with the blade in extreme close quarters. For stabbing, it has the performance of the Dynamis Blade, in a smaller package.

https://www.dynamisalliance.com/uploads/products/razorback-blade-2.jpg

Looks like a winner to me but the price is out of my realm. What do you blade SMEs think?

voodoo_man
01-14-2016, 05:40 PM
Serrations, thumb ramp and double-sided is a no go.

*for me

Wondering Beard
01-14-2016, 05:55 PM
Is it double edged? that probably makes in uncarriable for most places.

I don't mind the thumb ramp but they seem to be hit or miss depending on hand size and shape. I'm not a fan of serrations on a defensive knife and I don't buy into this increased "bite" idea.

The size is good but can't tell the balance from the pics.

It's not what I'd look for in a knife but it may work well for others.

P.S. I'm definitely not an SME on blades

DI1
01-14-2016, 06:19 PM
I'm going to look for it at SHOT to get a better idea.
Serrations are a no go for me. If it was double edged or even single edged with the same profile as the original, may be a good compromise for a smaller/shorter blade. Price is steep and has gone up.

SLG
01-14-2016, 09:24 PM
I would not choose to have the serrations, but they probably don't really matter much. Handle looks too small for me, but I would have to try it out to know for sure.

It's the marketing I don't care for. I don't have a "lightweight and minimalistic role" that needs to be filled. I don't buy gear as art accessories. I have a "effective and efficient role" that needs to be filled.

That said, I'm feeling grumpy, and marketing nonsense aside, I'm sure it will work just fine.

jc000
01-14-2016, 09:57 PM
Is this also a Winkler knife?

Hizzie
01-14-2016, 10:28 PM
I got to finger one a buddy was carrying. Amazing how it got my hand. Very well executed. Great sheath. I'm not big on DE. Out of my league with that price tag. I don't collect knives anymore.

voodoo_man
01-15-2016, 06:37 AM

Winkler or Watson. Either one seems to be in the game for this.

orionz06
01-15-2016, 07:58 AM
I don't need to cut rope so pass on the serrations. Otherwise it's a boring looking knife that looks a lot like all kinds of other knives at a price that seems to be trying to capitalize on folks who don't know any better.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl

Irelander
01-15-2016, 08:19 AM
I'd love to handle one and see how it balances even though its out of my price range.

In case you didn't check out the website:
Blade length: 3.5"
Overall length: 7.25"
Steel: CPM3V (First 100 made)
Handle: Black and red Micarta
Made in the USA.

runcible
01-15-2016, 10:00 AM
Alas, it is not reverse-edged only, as originally thought. :(

PNWTO
01-15-2016, 06:10 PM
This just makes me want to buy the set more. Good people, good karma, great blades.

DI1
01-16-2016, 09:10 AM

According to Dynamis Facebook, they are made by Winkler. Also have a side by side photo up of original and new Razorback.

Irelander
01-18-2016, 09:32 AM
This just makes me want to buy the set more. Good people, good karma, great blades.

Agreed.

DI1
01-21-2016, 01:24 PM
Ok, I played with it at SHOT. It is way too small for my hands. The original design is perfect, the Razorback is tiny. I would be worried about cutting my hand while using it.