PDA

View Full Version : GLOCK 43 Trigger -- In's & Out's of Revamping

RogerB
01-13-2016, 09:54 PM
We have had a lot of activity on another thread concerning the Glock 43 stock trigger.
Many of us are either researching, going to, or already have worked on their Glock's and can share their experiences with all of us.

This thread is dedicated to Glock 43 triggers -- Jump in!

:D :eek:

Roger
San Antonio, TX

Drew78
01-13-2016, 10:05 PM
Good deal, thanks for starting this up. I'll be back with my thoughts once I drop in that ghost edge in my 43.

YVK
01-13-2016, 11:01 PM
Polishing, Ghost connector and 5 lbs striker spring, set and forgotten. This ain't a a gun I particularly care to examine finer points of a trigger pull with.

RogerB
01-14-2016, 07:39 AM
Then I guess you will have to find another thread to post in... :D

Polishing, Ghost connector and 5 lbs striker spring, set and forgotten. This ain't a a gun I particularly care to examine finer points of a trigger pull with.

RogerB
01-14-2016, 07:44 AM
This is my favorite video on the subject of the 25 cent trigger job.
For those who have wondered about it or want to see how to do it properly,
I thought I would share it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_PuY29jsis

Enjoy!

:D

RogerB
01-14-2016, 08:10 AM
Smiley notwithstanding, but if this is how you are going to respond to someone posting an opinion you'd rather not hear, PF might not be the best fit for you.

I guess I just donīt understand why someone would dig into a thread and then state that they have no interest in anything said in that thread...
Why not just leave quietly and go find a thread that interests them?? Is it ok for me to randomly go into threads and say something like that??
Why wouldn't you post to that person that if they don't like the thread to quietly and politely go somewhere else??

After all, wasn't I just stating my opinion about his opinion? lol

GJM
01-14-2016, 08:21 AM
FIFY

Polishing, Ghost connector and 5 lbs striker spring, set and forgotten. This ain't a a gun I particularly care to examine finer points of a trigger pull with because all I can think about now is my new Tangfolio Stock II.

RogerB
01-14-2016, 08:26 AM
You are new here, and perhaps unfamiliar with the culture, so reading a bit more and posting a bit less (especially about how other people should post) might be in order. In general, it's rude for the new guy to show up and start acting like he owns the place (i.e., telling other people what they should or should not do with regard to forum etiquette).

Got it. You're right. Obviously, this is not a good fit for me.
I thought that this was a forum for all to participate in, but apparently it is not.
I am deleting my account.
I don't play well with people like you.

Jay Cunningham
01-14-2016, 08:54 AM
Victims... aren't we all?

Drew78
01-14-2016, 09:11 AM
Well this thread shat the bed quickly! OP, sometimes you just gotta lay back and roll with it man. ..

ravensfan87
01-14-2016, 09:51 AM
I just bought the ghost,Inc. Pro connector. The one that you sand down a little off the tab. Took alot of the travel out of the trigger pull. I will be trying it out this weekend to see if I want to do anything else to it.

GJM
01-14-2016, 09:59 AM
Here is what I don't understand about this. The 43 isn't a game gun, and if used for real, is is likely to save your life. Almost all the problems I see at matches with Glock pistols relate to trigger and striker mods. I get dropping in an Edge no fit connector, but why start messing with stuff that could contribute to a lack of reliability on something that if used must work, and then will be closely scrutinized afterwards?

Drew78
01-14-2016, 10:05 AM
Here is what I don't understand about this. The 43 isn't a game gun, and if used for real, is is likely to save your life. Almost all the problems I see at matches with Glock pistols relate to trigger and striker mods. I get dropping in an Edge no fit connector, but why start messing with stuff that could contribute to a lack of reliability on something that if used must work, and then will be closely scrutinized afterwards?

Agreed 110% for my purposes I'm just trying to get this little blasters trigger more in line with my double stack Glocks. I shoot them very well and would ideally like to have that same trigger translate to the 43. There is a fine line however, as you suggested, going too far may result in an unreliable pistol.

Beat Trash
01-14-2016, 10:32 AM

Our Glock 43, I say "Ours" because my wife with her small build and small hands has commandeered our one and only Glock 43 had a trigger pull that was heavier than sth stock triggers on various Gen 4 GLock 19's I have experience with. But it was rather smooth, and with some rounds through it and some dry firing, it became even smoother. All without taking the gun apart and polishing anything.

My Glock 19's have all had a bit of polishing done to them. I played around with OEM "-" disconnectors but found a lack of consistence with them. I discovered the Taran Tactical sear and tried one. I have since installed a Taran Tactical sear in all of my Glocks, except for the Glock 43. The Glock 43, for us, is a deep concealment gun. The trigger is very serviceable as it is. I can live with a heavier trigger pull that is smooth vs. a lighter trigger pull that is rough. I also value 100% reliability.

The only thing I have done to our Glock 43 is to install Ameriglo Spartan night sights. I don't know that I'm in a hurry to do anything else to it. For what it's intended purpose is, I'm satisfied with it as is.

ravensfan87
01-14-2016, 10:32 AM
Agreed 110% for my purposes I'm just trying to get this little blasters trigger more in line with my double stack Glocks. I shoot them very well and would ideally like to have that same trigger translate to the 43. There is a fine line however, as you suggested, going too far may result in an unreliable pistol.

I am doing the same thing. I want the trigger to be like my 19, 30s. I too have seen in IDPA matches glocks fail. But the result is because of moding the trigger and striker.

psalms144.1
01-14-2016, 10:44 AM
I tried for a long time to use the G43 stock (except for sights, of course) and found the hard break of the trigger to be just too darned much to deal with in such a small/light pistol. I swapped out the standard connector for a Ghost Edge, and it's night and day. Nothing else - no polishing, no buffing. Just a connector and I couldn't be happier now.

SteveK
01-14-2016, 10:58 AM
My Glock 19 and 43 have stock triggers. Training with DA/SA guns a lot (duty) I just don't see the point of trying to tweak them for my tastes. My personal 43 got Ameriglo CAP sights and is going to get shaken down with TT extended base pads and eventually stippled. Other than that I am satisfied as is. I really like it for what it is...for me personally it is the gun I carry when I don't carry a gun.

Totem Polar
01-14-2016, 11:41 AM
Put me in the sights and "ghost connector and a small bit of polishing camp." Night and day, yes. BWOC, my 26 is box stock (came with night sights; they're ok, I guess).

FNGs gonna FNG...

YVK
01-14-2016, 02:27 PM
I guess I just donīt understand why someone would dig into a thread and then state that they have no interest in anything said in that thread...
Why not just leave quietly and go find a thread that interests them??

The ironic part of this is that I provided info of what I did to a gun, what I did to it is pretty much all that's currently available for G43 trigger work, and what I did was more than many/most here did or ever will do for G43. My post pretty clearly shows an interest in the subject to a certain point that's defined by gun's role.

Inglis no mi one number langvidge, I doesn't rite good, sory.

jh9
01-15-2016, 06:43 AM
Anyone have any real mileage on the Ghost connector? My only exposure to ghost products has been with other shooters that had their superlight race connectors misbehave.

YVK
01-15-2016, 09:14 AM
Not a whole lot, a few hundred. So far all is well.

Drew78
01-16-2016, 07:57 AM
Installed the ghost connector yesterday. It actually made a significant improvement to the trigger pull. Haven't put any rounds through it yet, just dry firing

Drew78
01-19-2016, 04:06 PM
Follow up. I hit the range today to try this ghost edge connector live fire. Using wwb 115fmj, my groups were amazing. I was hitting empty 9mm brass of my target backer at 30 feet with ease. Ran my target out to 75', far as it will go, and put 5 rounds into a fist sized group with 1 flyer low and left that I called as the shot broke. No malfunctions at all, really like the improvement.

L-2
01-20-2016, 01:08 AM
A Ghost "Edge" connector in my G43 yields ~5 lb pull vs the ~7+ lb pull of the stock connector.
I still can't decide which I actually like better and have put 1,000+ through each connector.
I carry this gun as a backup to something larger and competes with a J-frame revolver which has been what I've been previously using for this function.

punkey71
01-20-2016, 09:59 AM
A Ghost "Edge" connector in my G43 yields ~5 lb pull vs the ~7+ lb pull of the stock connector.
I still can't decide which I actually like better and have put 1,000+ through each connector.
I carry this gun as a backup to something larger and competes with a J-frame revolver which has been what I've been previously using for this function.

Both mine and a couple I put in for friends have given similar results.

The Edge connector is a significant reduction in a 42/43. Much more so than in the other Glock frames I've used them in.

Mine went from about 9lbs to 6 lbs. The other 43s were both about 8.5 to just under 6lbs.

The OEM 43 pull is pretty stout even by Glock standards . A 5.5-6lb pull in a 43 is perfect for my uses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SARocks
01-22-2016, 02:20 PM
If anyone is interested, I created a playlist on YouTube that goes over the entire process of reworking the trigger step-by-step (which now resides among the other hundred or so videos on the same subject!).

In this series I go into quite a bit of depth on trigger mechanics and all of the "why's" as well as the "how's". I also show how to get the trigger pin out without force, and point out a huge "gotcha" on the trigger spring.

Anyway, for those that are interested, you can watch the series at: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ZAe8QpcNjBOY-sbT51StkweuaFfFSqo
There are 10 videos total in the playlist.

Roger