PDA

View Full Version : Revenge of the HK Nerd

GJM
01-12-2016, 12:44 PM
For some time, I have had a theory about HK LEM shooters. If you did a study, using science and math, examining trigger pulling ability and IQ, the LEM shooters would score especially high on the IQ part. I just became aware of something that confirms that.

A year or so ago, I tested for lead levels, and had a slightly elevated level. That caused YVK to be tested, and he was double my level, which we believe came from primarily shooting at an indoor range. Ever since, YVK has been wearing an anti-lead suit, that looks similar to what an Ebola worker might wear. As you might imagine, it gets some funny looks at the range. Last week, he was at his range, and shot a group at 20 yards that would make anyone proud. He rolled his target back out, as people started filling up stalls to his side. They were giving him some funny looks, on account of his get up. So, YVK pulls his P30 LEM, shoots a five shot, one second blast at his 20 yard target, craftily shooting to the left of his target into the backstop. Then he slowly rolls his target in, with the tiny group there. Shooters around him are wanting to know what his secret is, who he is, and what he is shooting. I think he said something like "90 percent my skill, 10 percent the LEM trigger." Pretty sure some girls want to pose for selfie's with him.

Now you understand the IQ part?

Poconnor
01-12-2016, 01:41 PM
That's almost as funny as shooting coworkers targets. It only works with the good shooters. Put one out at the edge and watch their reactions.

YVK
01-12-2016, 02:38 PM
For the record, I didn't shoot left of target to create the situation. I shot a group, didn't like how my finger felt, and shot five quickly at the berm to loosen it up. The result was spontaneous and priceless.

For those who are on early stages of shoot to impress process, I recommend a shot timer. I've been a member of five shooting ranges spanning a decade and three states
and I've not seen anyone else use it. You get one, you get immediate restecp.

http://youtu.be/Hj6FIBLvNJg

Dagga Boy
01-12-2016, 04:40 PM
For the record, I didn't shoot left of target to create the situation. I shot a group, didn't like how my finger felt, and shot five quickly at the berm to loosen it up. The result was spontaneous and priceless.

For those who are on early stages of shoot to impress process, I recommend a shot timer. I've been a member of five shooting ranges spanning a decade and three states
and I've not seen anyone else use it. You get one, you get immediate restecp.

https://youtu.be/Hj6FIBLvNJg

Here is my P30L and my shot timer. Total HK sophistication and class that the Glock guys will never understand.

JHC
01-12-2016, 06:31 PM
Here is my P30L and my shot timer. Total HK sophistication and class that the Glock guys will never understand.

You are correct sir!!!!

breakingtime91
01-12-2016, 06:33 PM
I am really digging this thread. According to my friend the lem trigger is too slow and bore axis to high. I think its just right :cool:

YVK
01-12-2016, 07:00 PM
Nyeti, I like your timer. I looked at those but, after long consideration, decided not to. But only because it doesn't beep. Still, respek.

https://youtu.be/iBKk1McBLxM

SecondsCount
01-12-2016, 08:09 PM
HK's are cheap, wonderful pistols.

**This is coming from someone that carried a $2K 1911 prior to a HK LEM model, and it is all ToddG and YVK's fault. :)

breakingtime91
01-12-2016, 08:16 PM
HK's are cheap, wonderful pistols.

**This is coming from someone that carried a $2K 1911 prior to a HK LEM model, and it is all ToddG and YVK's fault. :)

Its GJMs/SecondsCount I have two lem pistols now.. As being someone who has pointed guns at quite a few people, a lem makes a wholelotta since to me.

Luke
01-12-2016, 08:17 PM
I'm just curious as to when yall are gonna figure out that real men carry V3 P30's. Nothing wrong with the LEM tbough, my wife really likes it.

:)

GJM
01-12-2016, 08:17 PM
Just hung up with YVK, and he thinks he cracked the code on something. After he shot the crazy fast, tiny group, and was surrounded by admirers, they were asking him something he didn't understand. They keep asking him "if he was VoodooMan?" Once I pointed him to the B8 thread, now he gets it.

After he was done with his Bill drill exhibition, he asked the others to clear some area, so he could demonstrate movement. Here here is:

https://youtu.be/IDSaRFqKgN4