PDA

View Full Version : SIG P2022 Questions

okie john
01-11-2016, 04:35 PM
I’ve fallen under the influence of the waves of TDA love that have been flying around here lately, and I recently snagged a crispy used SIG P2022 with night sights for $375. But I have questions before I go to pick it up tomorrow:

Are the 10-round magazines any good or do they have problems like Glock 10-round mags?
Do they take the same sights as other Sigs?
What other secret tribal knowledge do I need to have about them?

Thanks,

Okie John

GJM
01-11-2016, 06:02 PM
Believe they use regular P Series sights. I have ten rounders for my 229, and they have run fine. Don't have a 2022.

spinmove_
01-11-2016, 06:09 PM
I can confirm that they take standard classic P-series Sig sights. As far as the 10-round mags, I haven't tried them. I will say that if you ever had any trouble remotely with classic Sigs not locking back on the last round, then you'll definitely have problems with it on the SP2022. Other than that, mine has been rather solid.

ubervic
01-11-2016, 07:16 PM
I've been running a 2022 since November. Bought mine new off gunbroker for $395 with two (2) glossy 10-rd mags, Siglites, pancake holster and hard case. I sold the 10-rn mags off to help fund the (magnesium) 15-rd mags. In my experience, however, the 10-rounders seem to insert into the magwell more willingly than the magnesium ones do; and my older eyes don't pick up the Siglites well enough to make them worth having---I've already replaced them with Trijicon HDs and much prefer them.

Only hiccup, and it's minor, is that this gun has a slight false reset. I don't notice it always, but it's there. And I have acclimated my grip to get past the slide NOT locking back due to strong (right) hand thumb interference.

Despite my few small gripes, I'm glad I bought this pistol. It's a decent size to carry (not too big at all, despite what some say about its girth), and the DA trigger is one of the best right out of the box. I'm enjoying the experience.

OnionsAndDragons
01-11-2016, 07:48 PM
John,

P-Series sights. They usually come with a setup that regulates about to "drive the dot" IME. But that means you can always pick up a different post or notch to play with it pretty easily.

I have had 4 10rd mags running with our 229 that have had zero issues. I'm not willing to say they are HK 10rd reliable, but they seem pretty good to go.

I've honestly been really tempted to pick one of these up, they have been so inexpensive. I've handled one in 357sig and 9mm (the OMAR at my usual haunt has a couple that get loaned out a bunch), and I have been really impressed with it. I'm just waiting on the Langdon Px4 to decide if I want that more...

john c
01-11-2016, 10:04 PM
John; What caliber did you get?

Nephrology
01-11-2016, 10:06 PM
I remember I used to see them for 350-400 on some online retailers. Seem about at Glock prices now. Is there anywhere you could still get one in 9mm for cheap?

okie john
01-11-2016, 11:59 PM
John; What caliber did you get?

9mm

I remember I used to see them for 350-400 on some online retailers. Seem about at Glock prices now. Is there anywhere you could still get one in 9mm for cheap?

I looked around a bit. It seems like any classic Sig in 9mm is $2-300 more than the same piece in 40 or 357, and any 9mm Sig Pro is about $100-150 more than the same piece in 40 or 357. I hear that European police trade-in 2022s show up now and then. If I were looking for a cheap one, I'd start there. I just happened to luck into this one at a local shop.

Okie John