PDA

View Full Version : Coming to a PC Agency Near You.

GardoneVT
01-10-2016, 10:22 AM
Behold, the Identilock. An anti-self defense bureaucrat's dream come true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_GQSugEzCQ

Kyle Reese
01-10-2016, 10:24 AM
Will the Saucer & Teacup grip be mandated as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9mm_shooter
01-10-2016, 10:42 AM
If you look at the video, you'll see that it's just a biometric gun lock that falls away when you place your finger on the scanning spot. It's similar to a biometric gun safe.

No, teacup hold not needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BehindBlueI's
01-10-2016, 10:52 AM
$319 for a tiny biometric gun safe that makes no provisions against theft or fire?

http://ci.memecdn.com/647/4849647.jpg

S Jenks
01-10-2016, 11:30 AM
"Cheap biometric scanners always work," as I throw my iPhone 6 at the wall after washing my hands.

Rick_ICT
01-10-2016, 03:17 PM
You know, my initial reaction to this was negative as well, probably because the narrator is such an obvious Obama fan. However, after thinking about it for a minute, I don't see how this is "smart-gun" technology in any way. It is essentially a bio-metric gun safe, albeit one which appears useless for preventing firearm theft.

I would have to see some reviews of it tested hard with wet hands, etc. before I would entertain owning one but in some ways I like it for what it really is. That is, simply a way to keep your nightstand gun accessible and (theoretically) capable of being brought into action in about as much time as a fast draw (well maybe not a fast draw for most of you here, but for me) but preventing unauthorized use. I can see some uses if it works as promised.

It is unfortunate the toady narrating the video couched it in terms of "smart-gun" technology. He sure didn't do the manufacturer of this thing any favors!

Navyguns
01-11-2016, 02:24 PM
So, the gov't is spending tax payers money on a fledgling industry. Sounds like a Solyndra type waste of money. It took from the very early 1900's to the 70's for law enforcement and some other high speed, non-military folks to replace their revolvers for personal defense. I see this taking at least 100 years before this tech gains any mainstream acceptance or profitability. Some of the two most popular weapons were designed around the time of 1911 and the fify's (AR-15). We gun loving people do not adopt new designs in a quick manner.

runcible
01-11-2016, 03:19 PM
So... It's the VG2 of gunsafes? ;)

saints75
01-12-2016, 11:36 PM
Now if we can criminals to use them lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The Apprentice
01-13-2016, 06:27 AM
The road to hell is paved with good intensions.

DAB
11-24-2017, 03:22 PM
going to need a new holster to hold that thing.

ridiculous.

DAB
11-24-2017, 03:27 PM
you and I don't, but you underestimate the stupidity of politicians.

JBP55
11-24-2017, 04:02 PM
Will the Saucer & Teacup grip be mandated as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can you believe we were taught that with S&W revolvers in a LEA Academy in 1973?

5pins
11-25-2017, 07:15 AM
It's not smart gun technology because it's not part of the gun. It's not a safe because it will not prevent theft. It looks like a hammer and screwdriver could break it open pretty quickly. All this can be yours for only $300 +. I think I'll pass.

The Obama fanboy pitchman didn't help.

ROLL612
11-25-2017, 10:24 AM
Judging from the replies to this thread I’m sure this won’t be a popular opinion but I have one and really like it mainly because it keeps the wife happy. She doesn’t want a big biometric safe on the nightstand that can hold a full size handgun and suppressor. I have a huge gun safe for theft protection. This trigger lock stops a 2 year old from pulling the trigger and keeps my gun close to me and safe while meeting all the wife requirements. I’ve tested the fingerprint scanner hundreds of times over the past several months and it has always opened quickly, not a single error. Is it overpriced, it doesn’t prevent theft obviously, and if I’ve been sucking on my finger all night in my sleep it probably won’t open under those circumstances. It meets all my requirements however and most importantly those of my wife while keeping the gun safe from little kids.

Totem Polar
11-25-2017, 10:34 PM
I was scratching my head trying to envision a use for this thing when proof came that if you work at it, anything is possible: The thought occurred to me that this could be of use in terms of gym bagging an EDC for Jits/boxing.

Still not sure if that's enough for me to seriously consider springing for one, but that was the first answer to my theoretical line of self-questioning.