PDA

View Full Version : Stippling, Barrel TiN Coating, Trigger Work, Sights....

SQTundra
01-09-2016, 12:33 PM
Whats going on everyone? I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on good companies for stippling, barrel coatings, trigger work, sights, etc. Also, if you have specific types you'd like to share. This is for an EDC G26 gen 4. I currently have the sandpaper type talon grip on it but its so fine that it catches on all of my clothes and also isn't pleasant on the skin.

Thanks,
Josh

ssb
01-09-2016, 01:32 PM
I've always done my own stippling. Glocks in particular leave certain areas smooth where I'd prefer to have texture. Once I've done it partially, it makes sense to do a full 360 stipple. Texture varies: I have one with a rougher dot pattern and one that mimics the texture found on the P30. Neither are bothersome on my skin. It's probably the last "custom" feature I'd pay for in the grand scheme of things. I used the money saved on ammo.

Sights, I like Trijicon HDs right up until I have to carry them (rear sight is very sharp). I suffered through those for years until realizing that Ameriglo made comparable options (CAP + operator, Hack + operator, etc.). I also like the Defoor sights and that's what I'm currently working with.

I've never seen a need for a barrel coating. Buy ammo instead.

I like APEX's drop-in flat trigger. Otherwise an OEM G17 trigger bar. Or buy ammo.

If you want something like Agency's full custom pistols, more power to you. I don't see a performance gain to be had, especially not something that turns my $500 pistols into $1500 pistols. Frankly I'd buy a package like that rather than trying to piece it together yourself if the cool factor is what you want.

SQTundra
01-10-2016, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the reply. I'll check some of that stuff out. I'm looking for function and personalization.

xmanhockey7
01-10-2016, 10:53 PM
For slide work I highly recommend ATEi. Doug does great work.

PNWTO
01-11-2016, 12:05 AM
For a 26 I would focus on whatever trigger suits your taste, same story with the sights, and some stippling.

I personally stipple just the front strap and where my left hand thumb rides on my 19.

NickDrak
01-11-2016, 05:00 AM
For grip work I would recommend Damon @ SSVi, LLC

His Tyr trigger is also the best Glock "Carry/Duty" trigger I have ever owned, and I've owned/shot Agency, Zev, Apex, and GlockTriggers.com triggers.

farscott
01-11-2016, 06:07 AM
If the gun will be seeing fine sand, I can see the sense of a finish like Robar's NP3 on all of the metal parts (slide, barrel, internals) as that finish is self-lubricating. Of course, you could save a lot of money and use a dry lubricant like Sentry Solutions Marine Tuf Glide as a Glock is pretty corrosion-resistant from the factory. I like Robar's NP3, but I am too cheap to buy it new. I like to buy used guns with the finish and let someone else eat the depreciation. So does Tamara (who is a lot smarter than I). http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com/2015/12/fixing-g-lock.html?_sm_au_=iVVT0RZSNnFDQZ6M

As far as Glock triggers, I just use a smooth trigger bar from a Glock 17 and stock internals. Glock triggers are not a limiting factor in my shooting, and I have had poor durability from aftermarket connectors.

On grip texture, I would keep what you have and just wear an undershirt so the gun does not contact skin. Easy fix. If you must spend the money on grip texture, it is hard to beat Cold Bore Customs and Bowie Tactical Concepts. Both do excellent work. Once again, I am too cheap to buy new, but I have tried samples of each firm's works.

SQTundra
01-14-2016, 02:43 PM
Thanks guys, I'm going to look into these companies and see what they offer. Do any of you have any pictures of their work that you had done?

HopetonBrown
01-14-2016, 04:17 PM
What is the TiN supposed to do for the barrel?

JonnyVain
01-14-2016, 05:26 PM
Agency Arms

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

HopetonBrown
01-14-2016, 09:13 PM
Agency Arms

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
For $900 Taran Butler will do the same thing Agency does for $1600, sans flat faced trigger.