PDA

View Full Version : You win the 700mil powerball lottery, what do you get for what forum members?

voodoo_man
01-07-2016, 05:50 PM
You buy a ticket for the 700mil powerball lottery (http://www.powerball.com/pb_home.asp), then you win.

You have to spend the money on at least three forum members.

Who and what do you buy for them?

Example:

I'd buy LL a completely robocop style arm, obviously his current one would have to be amputated, but the new one will be a bulletproof carbon/kevlar composite that is light and comes with a preprogrammed AIWB draws.

Tom_Jones gets a $1mil grant to create "the gadget" for every pistol on the market, sadly we will never see it as it'll never come out, but he'll keep telling us it will soon. :p

Mr. White gets his own 100 lane by 300 yard indoor range and full sponsorship to every and any gaming event he can think of, with the stipulation everything he teaches or talks about in terms of tactics has to be "for the streets."

RevolverRob
01-07-2016, 06:08 PM
Reminds me I need to buy a powerball ticket....

-

$700 million bucks - First things first - I donate half of it to non-profit charities, to screw Uncle Sam out of taxes on that. I have a list I've already picked out. After taxes on the remaining portion (So, less 60% of 350 million). I have just enough left over to pay off my own bills, invest enough to live off the interest of for the rest of my life, and invest in the various schemes of PF'ers. Personally? I'm thinking what I would do is ask the PF membership to develop an annual seven-day training academy that moves around the world and then offer varying levels of scholarships to attend said academy. The only thing we ask in return is to pay-it-forward in encouraging responsible training and engagement in shooting sports.

As for the three people I'd pick to hand blank checks to I'd have a harder time deciding - I'd rather just hand everyone a smaller not-blank check.

olstyn
01-07-2016, 06:28 PM
Tom gets $2 mil, half of which is to be used for future P-F training journal/DotW giveaways, because they're awesome, and half of which is his because he deserves thanks for keeping this place running. ToddG gets all of his medical bills covered, including anything that crops up going forward, because I've been reading his posts on P-T.com for a long time, and the forum wouldn't have gotten started without him. EricM gets the gun of his choice, because he awesomely gave me a shot timer for free. Everybody who was a member at the time of the lottery win gets a case of their preferred ammo. Everybody who's done a Karma giveaway gets an extra case, because generosity deserves to be repaid. Anybody who can truthfully say the have less than 3 copies of their primary carry gun gets enough new copies to bring them up to 3. Basically, I'd try to spread the love around as much as possible. Perhaps a fund could be set up to award scholarships to forum members' kids? I would also use the loophole in the question and keep a significant portion of it for myself. (I am, after all, a forum member, and therefore can choose to spend it on myself.) :)

Vinh
01-07-2016, 06:30 PM
Blackwater for TCinVA.

911 GT3 for ToddG.

$20M for Tom_Jones to sell the Gadget to someone who can manufacturer the Gadget and deliver to me two (2) Gadgets so that I can shoot a Glock and someday win a coin. :D

voodoo_man
01-07-2016, 06:43 PM
So hurtful, so accurate...

http://i.imgur.com/LnjMlLN.jpg

LOKNLOD
01-07-2016, 07:25 PM
I would give you all the look on Obama's face when I very publicly donated $100mil to the NRA.

Eta:
I'd also buy enough of Beretta to name them fix the 1301 lifters.
(Still cheaper than getting fully set up with all Benellis).

Lyonsgrid
01-07-2016, 07:49 PM
MD7305 - One of the few members I've met, great guy and fellow LEO.
He gets a 500 acre farm/range somewhere in TN or VA.

Ernest Langdon- Fellow Former Marine and great instructor.
He gets enough money to fund his own custom Beretta line and buy the tooling to standardize front dovetails into all models.

Voodoo_Man - Gets enough money to retire from working the streets and open a high end firearms magazine company.

voodoo_man
01-07-2016, 07:53 PM
Voodoo_Man - Gets enough money to retire from working the streets and open a high end firearms magazine company.

http://i.imgur.com/ZRu6AEG.jpg

Chance
01-07-2016, 08:08 PM
$700Mil would almost be enough to pay off my student loans.

Sam
01-07-2016, 09:45 PM
$700Mil would almost be enough to pay off my student loans.

That amount MIGHT be enough to pay for me and my wife's loans and be enough to buy a nice dinner.

Chuck Haggard
01-07-2016, 10:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ZRu6AEG.jpg

Fact!

SecondsCount
01-07-2016, 10:43 PM
I'd build two world class shooting ranges, one in a cool climate and one in a warm climate for summer and winter use.

The rest of the money would be invested to keep the ranges running, stocked in ammo, and a business jet. The jet would be for all the membership of P-F to use twice a year for a trip to the ranges.

I know you said just three but there are far more than three solid members on this forum :cool:

Jim Watson
01-08-2016, 12:44 AM
Remember, the big bucks are paid out as a 30 year annuity.
Lump sum payout depends on their projections of interest rates to figure the present worth of that annuity.
Seems to be something around $450,000,000 this year, which is a big improvement over Great Recession jackpots that got you half or less of face value.
Fewer toys, guys.

SecondsCount
01-08-2016, 12:54 AM
Remember, the big bucks are paid out as a 30 year annuity.
Lump sum payout depends on their projections of interest rates to figure the present worth of that annuity.
Seems to be something around $450,000,000 this year, which is a big improvement over Great Recession jackpots that got you half or less of face value.
Fewer toys, guys.

23 million a year will work just fine for my plan :cool:

PPGMD
01-08-2016, 01:24 AM
$450 million, you will probably clean $300 million after taxes.

$1 million is kept for property improvements, ammo, and other immediate wants.

The other $299 million gets invested, and I live on the dividends or a portion of it if the number is high enough. I mean seriously I can live an extremely comfortable life on as little as $80k a year if everything else is paid off.

hufnagel
01-08-2016, 07:05 AM
$80k? hell i could live nicely on a mere $40k/yr after the Big Recurring Debts are removed from the equation.

PPGMD
01-08-2016, 10:26 AM
$80k? hell i could live nicely on a mere $40k/yr after the Big Recurring Debts are removed from the equation.

I was factoring in a new car every 5 years. Basically living completely off the returns from the investment without ever touching the principal.

JM Campbell
01-08-2016, 10:55 AM
Range facility out to 1500 yards designed with F2S, SeanM, ToddG, Jay Cunningham and SLG's input on best design for indoor/outdoor.
A/C & heated restrooms at every outdoor bay area. First Responder medical station at every bay.
Heated and A/C classrooms at dedicated training bays/ranges.
PF supporter membership is free.

10 count max training classes. Housing facilities for classes.

Hard 8 BarBQ outpost.

Air field and heli pad.

Can't forget the disco ball range for original cheetah print pimp costumed wearing OrigamiAK.

Ohh I can dream.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

hufnagel
01-08-2016, 12:47 PM
I was factoring in a new car every 5 years. Basically living completely off the returns from the investment without ever touching the principal.

I'll give you that. however I refuse to own a "new" car... too many nanny state crapolla systems in them. And since I like wrenching I shouldn't have a problem keeping a fleet of K-cars on the road until the end of my days. :D

NEPAKevin
01-08-2016, 01:51 PM
700 mill? I hear Chris Christie has a bridge for sale in Jersey.

Totem Polar
01-08-2016, 02:01 PM
I'd take the money and run, F all you guys.

No, seriously, the first thing that comes to mind is fndng a way to duplicate the paulepalooza facility on the west coast/PacNW, and make the event bi-annual/bi-coastal.

THEN f all you guys... :D

Oh, and I'd hire Tam to put out a quarterly Glossy of only her writings and pics.

Dagga Boy
01-08-2016, 02:04 PM
I m buying an Island. I will be King. A benevolent King. You can all come live there in armed bliss. With that said.....some of you may get voted off the island..:)

RoyGBiv
01-08-2016, 03:30 PM
Now 800 Million. <swoon>

Dagga Boy
01-09-2016, 06:24 PM
Now 800 Million. <swoon>

Big f'ing island!!!!

voodoo_man
01-09-2016, 06:29 PM
Billboard on 95 says 900.

orionz06
01-09-2016, 08:15 PM
I'd get the following:

Jay Cunningham: a range in northern Pittsburgh to teach out of that happens to be very convenient for me to use. I'm sure he'd let me use it.

Voodooman: a good camera, glass, and lighting so he could take nice pictures.

Spyderman2k4: I'd buy him a shop in north Pittsburgh and outfit it with all sorts of CNC goods. This may or may not be a way for me to also get some stuff I want made taken care of too but hey...

Tom Jones: a new printer. This way he can print off all the labels for the gadgets because we all know they're done.

NYeti: I'd buy him a Tacoma. He might like it.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl

BehindBlueI's
01-09-2016, 08:57 PM
I'm not going to spend any of it. I'm going to convert it to gold coins and swim in it like Scrooge McDuck.

PPGMD
01-09-2016, 11:52 PM
I'm not going to spend any of it. I'm going to convert it to gold coins and swim in it like Scrooge McDuck.

Somewhere in this mansion, I have to assume is a gigantic Scrooge McDuckian vault.

Dagga Boy
01-10-2016, 12:16 AM
2. I'd figure out a way to have nyeti and GJM spend even more time together, because they are the perfect PF Odd Couple.

It is pretty funny isn't it. It would actually make a great reality show.

I didn't win.....I ll return my Viking crown as no island kingdom for me.

Drang
01-10-2016, 01:56 AM
No winning Powerball tickets sold; jackpot hits $1.3 billion - LA Times (http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-powerball-jackpot-20160109-story.html)

Coyotesfan97
01-10-2016, 02:17 AM
I WON I WON!! seven dollars sighs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

voodoo_man
01-10-2016, 08:58 AM
so uhhh....PF group buy?

BaiHu
01-11-2016, 11:39 PM
Eff all this small thinking shit. With a think tank of PF standards, we could take over the US gov't. 1.3 billion is pretty much what it takes to run for president. Let's find the one PF member with the least skeletons in his/her closet and the rest of us will be cabinet members. We'll turn this behemoth of a gov't around inside 4 years and whittle it down until its as sleek as ToddG's new GT3. Yup, I'll carve a piece out just so he can do powerslides around 1600 :cool:

voodoo_man
01-12-2016, 06:55 AM
Eff all this small thinking shit. With a think tank of PF standards, we could take over the US gov't. 1.3 billion is pretty much what it takes to run for president. Let's find the one PF member with the least skeletons in his/her closet and the rest of us will be cabinet members. We'll turn this behemoth of a gov't around inside 4 years and whittle it down until its as sleek as ToddG's new GT3. Yup, I'll carve a piece out just so he can do powerslides around 1600 :cool:

Good idea. Im out, cant be president.

Dagga Boy
01-12-2016, 08:31 AM

Secretary of State......foreign policy will NOT be remotely like buying off Clinton or nodding while Kerry babbles about nothing important or relevant.

voodoo_man
01-12-2016, 09:38 AM
Secretary of State......foreign policy will NOT be remotely like buying off Clinton or nodding while Kerry babbles about nothing important or relevant.

Id drink with Putin...just sayin

LittleLebowski
01-12-2016, 09:44 AM
1. I'd setup adjoining ranches (with awesome ranges) in WY for LittleLebowski and myself. I'd also bring along JDM, because I can't quit him.

2. I'd figure out a way to have nyeti and GJM spend even more time together, because they are the perfect PF Odd Couple.

3. Even though he's not around here much anymore, I'd give Sean M a couple hundred million to do with as he sees fit, because Fuck you, that's why.

I endorse this plan wholeheartedly.

Dagga Boy
01-12-2016, 12:17 PM
Id drink with Putin...just sayin

Trust me I know......we both still have a bunch of the same DNA strands floating around in the blood stream where we "totally get" Putin.

Drang
01-12-2016, 12:19 PM

Does the Attorney General HAVE to be a lawyer?

voodoo_man
01-12-2016, 02:44 PM
Does the Attorney General HAVE to be a lawyer?

I could probably pass a bar exam given the opportunity to study...lol

TCinVA
01-12-2016, 02:55 PM
I just want to do hood rat stuff with my friends.

BaiHu
01-12-2016, 03:11 PM
I just want to do hood rat stuff with my friends.
Like riot because your "white privilege" is being oppressed?

TCinVA
01-12-2016, 03:20 PM
Like having a beer with Sean and ARay while we sit there eating the best Italian olives money can buy and practice the fine art of giving absolutely no fucks.

And maybe occasionally mention something to Tom Jones and watch him scribble furiously on a napkin until he's come up with a new patent-able idea.

And maybe make fun of Jay's socks.

Listen to Craig stories.

Challenge Paul Sharp to a thumb-wrestling contest.

Talk blackjacks and saps with SLG.

Definitely make fun of Jay's socks.

You know...hood rat stuff.

Erik
01-12-2016, 03:25 PM
I could probably pass a bar exam given the opportunity to study...lol

Me too...

TCinVA
01-12-2016, 03:27 PM
Oh, and I would definitely put more drunk chicks in wrist locks.

Chance
01-14-2016, 01:32 PM
Well, I didn't win the lottery. But during my pre-loss day dreaming, I found myself a cruel king. Perhaps this is for the better....

StraitR
01-14-2016, 10:15 PM
We had 48 tickets in the office lotto pool. Didn't even have the powerball on one line. lol. Curse you 1 in 292,000,000!!!!! :mad:

LittleLebowski
01-15-2016, 08:48 AM
Neighboring ranches for Tom Jones and I. Puppies for Voodoo_Man.

Forum wide FPF Training CCW, handgun, carbine, Cecil Burch, and South Narc classes. Seriously. I'd probably consider dropping a million on free good training for any gun owner that wanted to better themselves.

StraitR
01-15-2016, 02:04 PM
Damn, now I really wish LL would have won. Free training, I can dig it, and VDM could definitely use some puppies.

But don't worry, I'm sure the winners will put the money to good use. They're probably already at the Mercedes dealership picking up their new Libtardmobile so they can cruise to the polls in style this November and cast their vote for the Hillamonster. You know, to give back... to the children.

voodoo_man
01-15-2016, 03:00 PM
I only accept wolf puppies, and it has to be at least 6.

BaiHu
01-15-2016, 03:25 PM
I only accept wolf puppies, and it has to be at least 6.
Something to get you started. I read this in high school and went to the author's ranch in NM.

https://books.google.com/books?id=F9Xr1ehDU_UC&pg=PA71&lpg=PA71&dq=wolf+hybrid+new+Mexico+Michael+belshaw&source=bl&ots=Ck_Wej7w0G&sig=vzn50O19dkiJM1khI3PI2nn6clo&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj-6Onx0qzKAhXBez4KHbGOAHoQ6AEIGjAA#v=onepage&q=wolf%20hybrid%20new%20Mexico%20Michael%20belshaw&f=false

voodoo_man
01-15-2016, 03:41 PM
Something to get you started. I read this in high school and went to the author's ranch in NM.

https://books.google.com/books?id=F9Xr1ehDU_UC&pg=PA71&lpg=PA71&dq=wolf+hybrid+new+Mexico+Michael+belshaw&source=bl&ots=Ck_Wej7w0G&sig=vzn50O19dkiJM1khI3PI2nn6clo&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj-6Onx0qzKAhXBez4KHbGOAHoQ6AEIGjAA#v=onepage&q=wolf%20hybrid%20new%20Mexico%20Michael%20belshaw&f=false

Sweet, I'll have to get a good amount of land first.