PDA

View Full Version : Gov. Christie had a change of mind!

Glenn E. Meyer
01-07-2016, 10:53 AM
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/chris-christie-guns-217437

Oh, wow - running for president makes your views slip in the crisco. Well, I got a bridge I would sell you if I could get through the traffic.

Glad that he got pushed on the issue, though.

David S.
01-07-2016, 11:03 AM
Suuuuuure he did.....

GardoneVT
01-07-2016, 11:07 AM
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/chris-christie-guns-217437

Oh, wow - running for president makes your views slip in the crisco. Well, I got a bridge I would sell you if I could get through the traffic.

Glad that he got pushed on the issue, though.

Hardly a surprise. He started out as a GOP candidate in the most anti-gun state in America next to DC, which is neither a state or American in governance.

Peally
01-07-2016, 11:09 AM
"They're not as polite to me at the Krispy Kreme anymore, I change my mind!"

RevolverRob
01-07-2016, 11:48 AM
I've never taken this guy seriously. But I've had nothing but laughable contempt for him, since he told the General in charge of the New Jersey National Guard to lose some weight. I mean - seriously? Chris Christie is a fat blowhard, scumbag, and the sooner that inevitable myocardial infarction removes him from our world, the better.

JodyH
01-07-2016, 11:57 AM
Krispy is the definition of a political whore.

voodoo_man
01-07-2016, 11:57 AM
Screw him, he's losing and he knows it.

Mitchell, Esq.
01-07-2016, 12:12 PM
As governor he can direct all state employees to facilitate, support and aggressively argue in support of all pending cases before New Jersey courts in favor of ccw permits.

Can he make judges approve them?

No.

Can he order his staff to aggressively push them?

Yes.

Will he? No.

NEPAKevin
01-07-2016, 12:34 PM
I'm sure Christie knows he has a snowball's chance of getting the nomination and is saying what ever he has to to appear to be a team player and position himself for a job with the next administration, assuming they can beat team Hillary.

LorenzoS
01-07-2016, 12:59 PM
His time as a prosecutor changed his mind? Bullshit. He was anti gun his entire term as governor.

RoyGBiv
01-07-2016, 04:14 PM
10 things to know about Chris Christie and gun control (http://onpolitics.usatoday.com/2015/12/08/10-things-to-know-about-chris-christie-and-gun-control/)

Christie is a RINO Yankee Statist. I'm less likely to vote for him than Hillary, and the only way I'm voting for Hillary is if I'm dead and the Dems pay an illegal to cast my ballot for me.

4. Christie signed nearly a dozen bills in 2013 restricting firearms, including one to stop individuals on the federal terror watch list from buying guns.
6. In 2014, as Christie’s attorney general declined to defend a state law on handgun permits that was being challenged in state appellate courts, Christie spokesman Michael Drewniak insisted “the governor supports New Jersey’s already tough gun laws.’’

LorenzoS
01-07-2016, 05:17 PM
He also defended the states May Issue which is really "no issue" CCW policy back in 2012 because "NJ is a very populous state." The only good thing about him is that he's less bad than the Democrat who will surely succeed him.

I am so glad I escaped NJ last year. That place is a lost cause.

The Apprentice
01-07-2016, 05:56 PM
Why don't these reporters call these clowns out. The next one to say I don't recall, can't remember, I had know knowledge of that needs to be fired on the spot. They are admitting they are ineffectual leaders because they have no idea what is going on, or lying. Both of which means you are unfit for duty so pack your shit get on the bus and go home.