PDA

View Full Version : My gun for the next AFHF I get to

jetfire
10-05-2011, 02:32 PM

I'm going to "conceal" it on a single point sling under a trench coat Matrix-style and I will finally assume my place as the king of the mall ninjas.

In reality, I picked this thing up for an article for Shooting Illustrated; I fed it 200 rounds of Remington UMC last night for giggles, and it really is a hoot to shoot. Honestly, this gun reaches down inside of me and speaks directly to the 8-year old boy inside us all. It says "this gun makes you cooler than Han Solo" and you know what? It's right. I've been running around my office making machine gun noises and fervently hoping that The Expendables 2 will have a scene where Jason Stratham runs around firing two of these simultaneously on full auto.

This is the most impractical, ridiculous, and silly firearm I've ever had across my desk, and I absolutely LOVE IT.

WDW
10-05-2011, 03:00 PM
Isn't the KRISS more practical in its full auto SBR configuration? I would think it is about useless as a "pistol". The whole concept of the angled recoil mechanism is interesting though. Was the thing reliable?

Joe in PNG
10-05-2011, 03:02 PM
I still say you need more rail candy to be mall Ninj4 King! How do you expect to show up Gecko45 & his buddies without at least a standoff dongle, 3 spectrums of lasers, an optical sight with IR and magnifyer swingout thingys, or disco strobe?

JAD
10-05-2011, 03:32 PM
his is the most impractical, ridiculous, and silly firearm I've ever had across my desk, and I absolutely LOVE IT.
-- I join you in your shame. I always liked the Jatimatic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jatimatic) and this thing feeds that. I do wish it had more steel. And was Finnish.

jetfire
10-05-2011, 03:54 PM
The version with the stock is absolutely more practical. But that wouldn't kick over my giggle box nearly as much as this model does.

jslaker
10-05-2011, 05:27 PM
I looked at this photo several times before I realized that was a magazine and an optic, and not some sort of completely goofy foregrip hanging off the front end of the gun.

Here I was trying to figure out the NFA implications of it all.

Chuck Anderson
10-06-2011, 04:17 PM
You're gonna need the Magpul magazine extensions for the ultimate in mall ninjatude. Although a giant 13 round pistol does have a certain silliness to it.

jetfire
10-06-2011, 05:43 PM
Obviously, I need to buy some of the extended 30 round big stick mags.