PDA

View Full Version : Idiots doing idiotic things with guns due to idiocy

BehindBlueI's
01-06-2016, 06:40 PM
We all like a good story about a good guy/gal doing good things with their guns, but sometimes we just need to shake our heads at idiots doing their best to screw it up for the rest of us. I figured I'd make a thread for LEOs who wish to share examples.

To kick things off, from a media summary for a recent case that was the impetus for this thread:

A resident discovered that he had been burglarized when he returned home from work... He shortly observed a vehicle slowly proceeding westbound in the alley behind his home and assumed they were responsible for the crime. He walked into the alley, shouted at the driver and fired his gun at them. The resident was mistaken about the occupants of the vehicle that he targeted.

Guy shot at 3 unarmed women in a car. Criminal recklessness charges likely forthcoming.

BehindBlueI's
01-08-2016, 07:07 PM
Drunk + Flare gun + "what's this thing?" = severely burned hand.

Gadfly
01-10-2016, 07:45 PM
Unnamed Houston police building, around 1995...

"I'm gonna center that clock on the wall, it's not lined up with the crap on the wall"

"No you're not"

Takes clock off the wall. Notices bullet hole behind clock, puts clock back on the wall...off center...

(Allegedly... I doubt anything like that ever happened in real life. Ever.)

BehindBlueI's
04-17-2016, 09:09 PM
Think you're having a bad day?

One male shot in the scrotum...

It could be worse...

On a completely unrelated note, if you were to chunk up a can of cranberry sauce and mix in a little tomato soup that would be a close approximation of scrotum leakage.

voodoo_man
04-17-2016, 10:28 PM

It could be worse...

On a completely unrelated note, if you were to chunk up a can of cranberry sauce and mix in a little tomato soup that would be a close approximation of scrotum leakage.

Can confirm have seen scrotun leakage

SecondsCount
04-17-2016, 10:43 PM
Must be a LAPD officer.

https://www.rt.com/usa/lapd-dorner-shooting-review-738/

Holmes375
04-17-2016, 10:51 PM

It could be worse...

Damn... that's gonna stay with me for a while...

1slow
04-17-2016, 11:01 PM
The gift that keeps on giving !

Ntexwheels
04-18-2016, 08:31 AM

It could be worse...

Dang it! That pretty much puts me off Cranberry sauce and Tomato soup..

Cheap Shot
04-18-2016, 10:03 AM
Dang it! That pretty much puts me off Cranberry sauce and Tomato soup..

Puts me off AIWB

pablo
04-18-2016, 10:06 AM

It could be worse...

http://i.imgur.com/n1BLyNx.gif

Wave goodbye to the gene pool.

But did it come with a good story about how homeboy was walking down the street and he got shot for no reason.

Range1
04-18-2016, 12:58 PM
Not to hijack the thread but this reminds me of the underage young man who went to a local strop club. The club was robbed by an armed individual who said disparaging things about one of the strippers that the young man liked. Young man had had a wee too much to drink and decided he was not going to let the robber get by with insulting the "lady" and proceeded to try and defend her " honor". Robber ended the matter by shooting off the young man's left testicle before leaving. Same robber tried to hold up a local pea shake house a couple days later. They had their own armed security who dispatched the robber to his rightful rewards.

nycnoob
04-18-2016, 01:44 PM
I had to look it up, there is no reason you have to look it up too:

pea-shake house n. an illegal lottery-style gambling joint. Editorial Note: This term is specific to Indianapolis. The first cite below is related only in the mechanics of shaking the peas.

http://www.waywordradio.org/pea_shake_house/

strop club

A club full of men with strap-ons
Hey Joe lets go to that strop club, i hear they have black strap ons now!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=strop+club

Erik
04-18-2016, 02:01 PM
And here I thought "strop" was a typo and "lady" was in quotation marks for an entirely different reason. Thank you for posting!

nycnoob
04-18-2016, 02:05 PM
Yeah, so did I.

Notice I googled that expression AFTER the first one.

I am not really sure what he meant, but that's what Urban Dictionary says he said.

Totem Polar
04-18-2016, 03:31 PM
Doesn't matter if it was a typo or not at this point: no way that toothpaste is going back in the tube now, dudes.

Story is better this way, regardless. :cool:

Range1
04-18-2016, 08:18 PM
That's what I get for not proof reading close enough. It should have been strip not strop and yeah pea shake is a local gambling place in certain communities. Thought they were more wide spread though.

nycnoob
04-18-2016, 08:34 PM
That's what I get for not proof reading close enough. It should have been strip not strop and yeah pea shake is a local gambling place in certain communities. Thought they were more wide spread though.

Sidheshooter was right. What a let down!

Well I learned a new thing, I did not know that strop clubs existed.
Yet another subculture hidden from the masses.

Erik
04-18-2016, 08:46 PM
Yet another subculture hidden from the masses.

Though why they'd bother to hide, I couldn't say...

GardoneVT
04-19-2016, 12:03 AM
http://i.imgur.com/n1BLyNx.gif

Wave goodbye to the gene pool.

But did it come with a good story about how homeboy was walking down the street and he got shot for no reason.

Something tells me the gene pool is better off for it.

BehindBlueI's
04-19-2016, 12:18 AM

Didn't know nuffin about nuffin.

BehindBlueI's
07-26-2016, 10:59 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/graphic-video-indiana-man-shoots-face-fun-article-1.2725625

*sigh*

A wannabe rapper in Indiana is shooting off his mouth.

Kasper Knight, who calls himself “Kasper tha Phantom,” shot himself after he "felt like taking a bullet to the face," he said in a bizarre explanation on the video.

In the clip posted on his Facebook page on Friday, Knight holds a revolver to his cheek and pulls the trigger, reeling in pain from the bullet piercing his mouth.

He spits out blood and holds his hand over the bullet wound, before laughing and rubbing a crimson mask over his face.

HCountyGuy
07-27-2016, 12:18 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/graphic-video-indiana-man-shoots-face-fun-article-1.2725625

*sigh*

Watched it, I call BS

He SWALLOWED the bullet? I'm pretty sure that bullet would've gone straight through his other cheek rather than remain inside his mouth for him to swallow it.

All the same, next time put the gun a few inches higher and do the gene pool a favor.

BehindBlueI's
07-27-2016, 06:10 AM
Watched it, I call BS

He SWALLOWED the bullet? I'm pretty sure that bullet would've gone straight through his other cheek rather than remain inside his mouth for him to swallow it.

All the same, next time put the gun a few inches higher and do the gene pool a favor.

It's real.

45dotACP
07-27-2016, 05:55 PM
Man, he couldn't have just aimed a little higher?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Lex Luthier
07-28-2016, 02:10 PM
It's real.

Oy!

Peally
07-28-2016, 02:32 PM
Maybe we'll luck out and he'll get lead poisoning.

Tamara
07-28-2016, 03:06 PM

*sigh*

In all the mentions I saw of this on the Book of Face, I somehow failed to process that he was perpetrating his weapons-grade idiocy in my area code. :eek:

BehindBlueI's
07-28-2016, 04:03 PM
In all the mentions I saw of this on the Book of Face, I somehow failed to process that he was perpetrating his weapons-grade idiocy in my area code. :eek:

You've met the detective who went to the hospital when he showed up...

Nephrology
07-28-2016, 04:57 PM
You've met the detective who went to the hospital when he showed up...

.22LR?

BehindBlueI's
08-11-2016, 08:24 AM
http://fox59.com/2016/08/11/tennessee-father-tells-police-he-accidentally-shot-and-killed-daughter-after-she-scared-him/

The Tennessee father accused of accidentally shooting and killing his daughter at their Hendersonville home this week thought the girl was an intruder.

Timothy Batts fatally shot his daughter, 11-year-old Timea Batts, Monday when she came home from school. Batts said she’d returned earlier than expected and scared him, reports the Tennessean.

Glenn E. Meyer
08-11-2016, 09:22 AM
That's happened before. Might have details wrong but there was a Louisiana (I think) dad who shot his daughter. He and wife went out. Kid was at friend's and came home earlier. She decided to hide in the closet and scare him. She left the front door open. Dad arrives and sees it. Goes to clear house with a 357. She jumps out and says BOO. Bang - COM - dies in Dad's arms saying - Daddy, I love you.

I was an interview with him - what a horror.

Of course there are deliberate murders when someone claims they were scared. I know of a couple.

BehindBlueI's
08-11-2016, 09:31 AM
That's happened before. Might have details wrong but there was a Louisiana (I think) dad who shot his daughter. He and wife went out. Kid was at friend's and came home earlier. She decided to hide in the closet and scare him. She left the front door open. Dad arrives and sees it. Goes to clear house with a 357. She jumps out and says BOO. Bang - COM - dies in Dad's arms saying - Daddy, I love you.

I was an interview with him - what a horror.

Of course there are deliberate murders when someone claims they were scared. I know of a couple.

Nothing new under the sun, just different names attached to the story. Most recent one here I can think of was wife returned from cruise with gal pals, husband is drunk and thinks she's not coming home for another day, shoots her when she walks in. She lived, though.