PDA

View Full Version : Silencerco SPECWAR 556k vs Octane 45k ?

HCM
01-04-2016, 09:45 PM
Over the summer, I picked up a silencerco Omega and Spectre II. They are both in MFA jail with the stamp expected this month. I can swing one more suppressor before emperor Obama pulls the plug on the trust route.

I can certainly use the Omega on a 556, but I have several AARs and was thinking about picking up the 556K as a dedicated 556 can allowing me to keep the Omega for my 308 and 300 blackout.

I was also thinking of picking up an octane 45k pistol can. I had an AAC 45 pistol can a few years ago but sold it. At the time I only used it on a pistol, however, I now have a 40 caliber SBR. My thinking was the 40 5K could work on 40 and 9 mm SBR's The way one can run a 30 caliber rifle can on the 556.

The price is similar on both and I believe my local dealer has both in stock. Which one should I get and why?

LittleLebowski
01-04-2016, 10:11 PM
How much do you shoot the .40 SBR?

Personally, I could care less for suppressed pistols but a pistol caliber SBR is fun to suppress.

Do you have kids? Do you have a spouse that likes shoot suppressed? What does your family like to shoot suppressed? Personally, I think every family guy should have two rimfire cans, they're just too much fun and a good way to show folks how much fun shooting is.

So I would lean hard towards the 556K or a rimfire can unless you shoot suppressed pistol calibers a lot.

HCM
01-05-2016, 03:29 AM
How much do you shoot the .40 SBR?

Personally, I could care less for suppressed pistols but a pistol caliber SBR is fun to suppress.

Do you have kids? Do you have a spouse that likes shoot suppressed? What does your family like to shoot suppressed? Personally, I think every family guy should have two rimfire cans, they're just too much fun and a good way to show folks how much fun shooting is.

So I would lean hard towards the 556K or a rimfire can unless you shoot suppressed pistol calibers a lot.

Kids are both 20+. I picked up the 40 SBR 10 years ago. At the time, my agency only issued .40 and the outdoor range at work required frangible ammo for rifle ( but not pistol) and the
only private range less than an hour away was indoors. Now that I have a nice rifle capable outdoor range within 25 minutes of me, I shoot the AR far more often.

My original plan was to pick up the 556K "down the road" followed by either a pistol can or another, lighter .22 can. I think I'll stick to it.

LittleLebowski
01-05-2016, 08:45 AM
Kids are both 20+. I picked up the 40 SBR 10 years ago. At the time, my agency only issued .40 and the outdoor range at work required frangible ammo for rifle ( but not pistol) and the
only private range less than an hour away was indoors. Now that I have a nice rifle capable outdoor range within 25 minutes of me, I shoot the AR far more often.

My original plan was to pick up the 556K "down the road" followed by either a pistol can or another, lighter .22 can. I think I'll stick to it.

So, 556K for now?