PDA

View Full Version : Sigs

KevH
10-05-2011, 11:57 AM
So I did a routine service on one of my co-worker's Sig and afterwards decided to put a couple hundred rounds through it just to make sure everything was functioning. The gun is a mid-1990's 229 in 40 S&W immacuately maintained and with a buttery smooth trigger. After shooting it all I could think to myself was, "God, I forgot how great these things are."

I busted out my 1991 K-Koted 226 that was massaged by Bruce Gray some years back. It is now my only Sig. For a mass produced gun the workmanship on these things and fit/finish is fantastic. Better yet, both that old 229 and my own 226 make me look good shooting them. I've been in a sea of Glocks, M&P's and 1911's lately and I find older Sigs just...welll...refreshing.

I see a 225 or 228 in my immediate future. I just need to find a clean one.

SecondsCount
10-05-2011, 12:14 PM
I still have my German made P226 9mm that I bought new in sometime in the 90's. They are nice guns but the finish from back then is a little prone to rust, probably why you got yours coated.

It gets taken out once in a while, mainly when somebody I know that wants to try out a Sig.

Lon
10-05-2011, 03:11 PM
I just picked up a P6(P225) and a Blackwater edition P226 to compliment my P226 duty gun. The P6 is now my carry gun and the Blackwater is my competition gun now. I REALLY like the P6. Put a Hack front sight on it, bought a couple extra mags and made a holster for it and it is rapidly becoming my favorite gun. It's almost 30 years old, but you can't tell from looking at it.

For me, the E2 grips on my 226 have made a huge difference in my ability to get a good DA shot off. I have short fingers and even with the standard grips and short trigger I had trouble getting my finger on the trigger properly.

JonInWA
10-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Just last week a friend and I broke out our P225s. Both of ours have been thoroughly gone through by the SIG Custom Shop gunsmiths. It's probably been a good 2 years since I've shot mine (it was my primary carry gun in the 1993-1997 timeframe), and it was a pleasure working out with it and seeing just how good these guns are. It, and my 2006-vintage "Gen 2" GSR XO are the only SIGs left in my vault...

On my personal P225, which has the SIG short trigger, I found that my best index with it was to go with the slightly thicker SIG wood grips (which both look great and serve to facilitate a perfect trigger finger placement), while preserving that exquisite P225 feel.

Best, Jon