PDA

View Full Version : Sig P250

ER_STL
01-03-2016, 09:30 PM
Does anyone have feedback on the most current production P250s? I've read that the first generation had reliability issues including light primer strikes but I haven't heard much since.

The P250/320 fits my hands like it was made for them and both triggers (but especially the P250's) are good. I'm finding the ergonomics to be superior to the Glocks I'm currently running but the local ranges don't rent them out so I've been limited to fondling them repeatedly at the local gun stores. While I've read a lot about the P320, I'm hoping to gather a little more information about the P250 before buying one of the two...

Thanks,
Eric

ravensfan87
01-04-2016, 12:23 PM
I have the newer p250 subcompact 9mm. Never had any issues with it probably have 1500 rounds through it. It is actually for sale because I prefer carrying my glock 19. It is a good gun for the money. The DAO trigger is pretty good on it.

pblanc
01-04-2016, 06:11 PM
I don't own one, have never even shot one, but have handled and dry-fired a couple. I agree that the DAO trigger is pretty good. I like the ergonomics of the pistol and in fact bought a P320 which shares the same grip.

Since I have considered the P250 as a potential carry piece I have perused the various SIG forums. What I have gleaned is that the initial production runs did have lots of problems but those have been ironed out. It seems to me that those who hate the P250 don't seem to understand the purpose of a DAO pistol and are disappointed when it doesn't behave like a range gun. Those who specifically chose a DAO action seem to be very pleased with the P250.

For what it's worth, I am very happy with the P320. Mine is a full-size .45 ACP but I have also shot a full-size .40 S&W version as well. Both have been very accurate (to the limit of my ability) and absorb recoil very well.

deputyG23
01-04-2016, 10:49 PM
I have also dry fired several but never actually fired one. I am tempted to pick one a 9mm compact version to use as a "double action" training dry fire gun to save wear on my old Smith K-Frames.
At $343 IOP, it is a great value, I think.

Warren Wilson
01-04-2016, 11:39 PM
My daughter went through Lynn Givens' Women's Defensive Pistol class with our P250. I'm not sure about posting pictures here, but her target is pretty damn impressive. We've never had an issue with it. If someone likes DAO, I can't imagine there's anything better for the money.

Chuck Whitlock
01-05-2016, 04:21 PM
I am currently using a 250c with the small grip frame on and off duty. I ordered it with the factory night sights and promply replaced the front sight with an orange CAP from Ameriglo. Only a few hundred rounds through it, but I'm liking it so far.

This came about for a number of reasons:

I have small hands, and have come to realize that the Glocks I've used for so long really are a bit big for me in the grip and trigger reach.

These posts of Nyeti's really resonate with me:
https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?9457-Why-I-like-the-LEM-as-a-quot-street-trigger-quot&highlight=street+trigger
https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?18301-Thoughts-and-an-epiphany-on-manually-operated-firearms&highlight=epiphany

The triggers on the 320s that I tried seemed awfully light for my tastes. I cut my teeth on DA revolvers, and DAO makes a lot of sense for my uses with respect to the above lines of reasoning.

taadski
01-05-2016, 09:45 PM
I don't own a 250 but I've spent a good bit of time shooting them. My experience has been good. They're typical Sig re accuracy and were very reliable over the 2500-3000 rounds I've shot through them. The trigger stroke is quite long (longer than my S&W revolvers), but very smooth and light, especially for a DA auto. The ones we had were all 5.5-6 lbs, which is incidentally a good pound to pound and a half lighter than any of the stock P320s I've felt, to include my own.

t

45dotACP
01-05-2016, 10:17 PM
Shot one a while ago (P250) and I thought it wasn't horrible. The trigger was easy to use but I'm not wild about the sight dovetails...

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk

ReverendMeat
01-05-2016, 11:13 PM
Never shot one, but sold (and procured) more than a few. Never heard a complaint about reliability, the ONLY negative I got from people selling/trading them in was "the long trigger pull". Turns out people don't know what DAO means, or how it's not necessarily a bad thing. I think the 250 has a great trigger, but then again I am literally the only person I know who actually shoots a DA revolver in DA.

jh9
01-06-2016, 07:17 AM
Never shot one, but sold (and procured) more than a few. Never heard a complaint about reliability, the ONLY negative I got from people selling/trading them in was "the long trigger pull". Turns out people don't know what DAO means, or how it's not necessarily a bad thing. I think the 250 has a great trigger, but then again I am literally the only person I know who actually shoots a DA revolver in DA.

I had an early one that had to go back for extraction problems. SIG replaced the extractor and it ran fine* afterwards. At the time there was only one frame size available and it didn't grow on me so I sold it.

Agree about the DAO trigger. Mine was better than just good. But it is long, and for people that rid the reset on a Glock it's about like asking them to load a crossbow with their trigger finger.

Now that there are actually frames and caliber kits available I might buy another one since they're pretty cheap.

*100 or so flawless rounds :p Sold it with disclosure about the trip back for repair

Chuck Whitlock
01-06-2016, 11:01 AM
Shot one a while ago (P250) and I thought it wasn't horrible. The trigger was easy to use but I'm not wild about the sight dovetails...

There is that. The rear sight is also the firing pin stop, so it is definitely proprietary. However it uses standard front sights, and Sig offers 3 different rear heights, with or without tritium. Ordering with the night sights was about $50 extra. After a little bit of handling/shooting, I replaced the front with an orange CAP from Ameriglo. Some red Sharpie on the rear vials, and my sight picture is close to what I have on my Glock, although the rear notch is a bit narrower.