PDA

View Full Version : A BRIEF HISTORY OF VON STAVENHAGEN SIGHTS

HCM
01-03-2016, 05:13 PM
http://www.realgunreviews.com/brief-history-von-stavenhagen-sights/

A BRIEF HISTORY OF VON STAVENHAGEN SIGHTS

You may have heard them referred to as “bar-dot” or “dot-bar sights,” or” dot the I sights,” or “lollipop sights,” or even “contrast sights.” You may even know that the technically correct term is “Von Stavenhagen sight.” But do you know why they’re called Von Stavenhagen sights? I didn’t, so I set out to find out why… and learned a few interesting things along the way.

I've always liked these since first seeing them on the West German SIGs. they seem to work better for my eyes than 3 dots.

The Apprentice
01-03-2016, 05:25 PM
Good read thanks for posting. I had them on a west german p220 and found them to be quite usable.

Wondering Beard
01-03-2016, 05:40 PM
That was quite interesting :-); I've known a couple of people with similarly interesting stories from my father.

If I remember correctly, that bar-dot sight was also on the early beretta 92s. I've always preferred that system to three dots.

HCM
01-03-2016, 06:58 PM
That was quite interesting :-); I've known a couple of people with similarly interesting stories from my father.

If I remember correctly, that bar-dot sight was also on the early beretta 92s. I've always preferred that system to three dots.

Yes it was.