PDA

View Full Version : Been in a gun store recently?

Gray222
01-02-2016, 06:01 PM
Stupid question on a firearms board, but have you guys seen the craziness in the last month or so?

I went in today to check on some suppressors, 158gr 9mm and 77gr OTM availability, I was expecting a lot of people, but not that many people...

I have two good friends who work there and the owner is pretty friendly, they said for the last month or so every single day they have been packed, they had to hire extra help to man the counters due to all the people coming in.

They have an 8 lane range and they were back-booked for lanes for the next 4 hours (this was about 5 hours ago when I showed up), people were buying guns in droves, pistols, rifle, shotguns, and buying anything they could get their hands on.

I don't know if people are afraid of what could happen or just planning for the worst, makes me think we are in another "chair against the wall" type of situation.

RoyGBiv
01-02-2016, 06:07 PM
BHO has been the single greatest gun salesman in the history of this country.
About the only thing he's "accomplished" that I've liked.

Kyle Reese
01-02-2016, 06:24 PM
Yup. Three of them last week in central and southern Virginia. All packed to the gills with people from all walks of life buying firearms. An employee mentioned that it's been extremely busy since Paris and San Bernardino.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JHC
01-02-2016, 06:25 PM
Same. Crowd buying GUNS, in my favorite LGS which is pretty substantial. They've been a ghost down for at least a year but where jumping today. One old gent was stocking up on MagPul AR mags was cracking comments about Obama. ???

David S.
01-02-2016, 06:29 PM
Apparently, CHL classes are crazy busy too.

Tamara
01-02-2016, 06:42 PM
Been in a gun store recently?

Only about fifty hours a week, why?

Gray222
01-02-2016, 06:44 PM
Only about fifty hours a week, why?

Doesn't count if you work and/or live there.

Tamara
An employee mentioned that it's been extremely busy since Paris and San Bernardino.

Glock 42/43 and Smith BG380/Shield are impossible to keep in stock. Glock 19s are almost as bad.

Tamara
Doesn't count if you work and/or live there.

I'm only in it for the free range time and transfers. And the ammo discount.

SamAdams
01-02-2016, 06:58 PM
Yep went to a couple of gunstores with several family members to get them squared away with new 9mm Glocks. Store was absolutely packed. Another relative across state finally bought his first pistol - went with a G19. He said there was a long line and wait for people waiting for NICS approval.

Hmmm . . might be awhile till the VP9 that I want shows up. . . and stays on the virtual shelf longer than 30 seconds.

Clay
01-02-2016, 07:49 PM
The indoor range where I work some weekends has been hammered. Every CHL instructor I know is booked up.

Tamara
01-02-2016, 07:50 PM
Fortunately, like the elderly Boston Brahmin in the old joke, "We have our hats. (http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com/2013/01/lines-lines-everywhere-lines.html)"

ssb
01-02-2016, 07:54 PM
ARs are selling, but not panic selling. Carry pistols we can't keep in stock. We are straight up out of things like Shields, G42/43s, LCPs, S&W Bodyguards, any and all sub-$500 snub .38s except for one S&W Bodyguard, all 9mm Glocks except for a G34 MOS... I've taught a ton of first-time buyers how to shoot a pistol over the past few weeks. We scheduled an extra Enhanced Carry class last month, and the way the interest list is looking we'll probably do the same this month.

It doesn't feel like panic buying yet, but the demand's definitely out there.

JodyH
01-02-2016, 08:47 PM
I've had more calls for CCW classes in the past 2 months than the prior year.
I could probably fill two 20+ student classes within days of announcing a open class date.

But I'm a fair weather instructor and not doing any classes until after spring break.
I hate freezing my balls off on the range watching CCW certifications.
:cool:

PPGMD
01-02-2016, 09:19 PM
Honestly, no I haven't been in a gun shop for a couple of months.

Malamute
01-02-2016, 09:28 PM
As of a week ago, the shops local to me said they've been selling AR's pretty well. Not quite panic levl, but strong sales recently.

Tamara
01-02-2016, 09:34 PM
Honestly, no I haven't been in a gun shop for a couple of months.

Why do you hate America?

PPGMD
01-02-2016, 09:37 PM
Why do you hate America?

I buy everything online, and I probably haven't purchased a new gun since August.

Tamara
01-02-2016, 09:45 PM
I buy everything online, and I probably haven't purchased a new gun since August.

*plugs ears and plays some country music really loud*

LALALALALALALAICAN'THEARYOU

;)

OnionsAndDragons
01-02-2016, 09:47 PM
My local faves have been doing brisk business as well. Above and beyond the holiday spike. I'm happy for them.

Will be even happier when some of these buyers come to trade in guns that I want...

Gray222
01-02-2016, 09:48 PM

...haven't bought a new gun....since august?

ummm

Give me your citizenship documents, right now.

mmc45414
01-02-2016, 10:17 PM
And.... can't remember being in a LGS in the last few years without at least one woman being there. Used to be an oddity, an occasional fluke that would typically be surrounded by leg humpers giving bad advice. Now it is part of the landscape. I like having women around, especially ones that vote.

ranger
01-02-2016, 10:21 PM
Lots of new gun owners in the Atlanta area. Many are from the North or East and did not come from a gun culture, family did not have guns, etc. As stated earlier on another post, I am trying to take the new gun owners and their families to a "firearms safety" event with basic gun safety, basic gun handling, and basic gun shooting. The more gun owners the better. Also - lots of women gun owners.

PPGMD
01-02-2016, 11:31 PM
...haven't bought a new gun....since august?

ummm

*Charles Heston*
You can have them, but you will have to take them FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS!

:p

olstyn
01-03-2016, 12:12 AM

Well crap, you'll be coming for mine next; I haven't bought a new gun since 2010. It's not for lack of wanting one; it's that new guns are wants, not needs, and I'm not terribly well funded. Seems like every time I think I have enough extra for a new gun, I find myself in need of components so I can keep, you know, loading and shooting. It's the same way with my car; whenever I think I've got enough put away to do the software upgrade that'd get me +40 horsepower, something breaks and costs me more than the ECU flash would have. I know, I know, priorities, and mine are all wrong...

Gray222
01-03-2016, 12:16 AM
All I am seeing are excuses in the place of 4473 forms, now get out there and do your constitutional duty as Americans.

Trooper224
01-03-2016, 12:24 AM
No panic buying, but the locals have all told me business is very brisk since San Bernadino. (my mothers home town BTW) I usually go to my local range of choice in the middle of the week, during the day, as Saturday is tactard central. I tried that this week twice, suprisingly crowded both times.

PPGMD
01-03-2016, 12:48 AM
All I am seeing are excuses in the place of 4473 forms, now get out there and do your constitutional duty as Americans.

And then what? I guess I could sell them to buy what I really want ammo.

I can live with only a dozen guns (if you forced me to par down my collection), but what I need is pallets of ammo.

I shoot 20,000 rounds a year. I would need 40,000-50,000 rounds to last through another 2008-2009 level ammo drought.

Jared
01-03-2016, 07:33 AM
I was in one the week of Christmas getting a Revo and the place was packed. I could tell the staff was struggling to keep up, cause normally if they ask if you wanna see anything and you say "not right now" they'll chill for a sec and talk. Not that day. If you didn't need them to get anything out right then, they were on to the next person.

Here's a question for you guys that are in a position to have a pretty solid idea. I keep seeing reports of record gun sales, and then there's all the media report that all those guns are being bought up by the "same old shrinking group of gun owners just adding to their collection." Then our side says that more and more people are becoming first time gun owners every day. So for you guys that are in the business in one form or another, just how much of the jump from 2008 til now has been first time gun owners vs the old guard?

BobM
01-03-2016, 08:52 AM
My daughter is a cashier at an Ohio sporting goods store. She says they are out of 9mm ammo and have been moving a lot of LCPs and Shields.

Hambo
01-03-2016, 09:14 AM
Large LGS a week or so before Christmas: lots of ammo, powder, primers, bullets, guns, suppressors. Staff outnumbered customers.
BassPro last week: two customers at gun counter, one looking at optics. Lots of ammo and more powder selection than I've seen in years.
Walmart: walking past sporting goods I saw the ammo shelf. Only .22LR was not in stock, everything else full. No gun sales at this particular store.

After Sandy Hook LGS and box stores looked like Whoville after the Grinch stole Xmas. Not even a loose round of .22 rolling around. No powder, sometimes shotgun primers, no bullets, no brass. It stayed that way until last spring, so maybe we're saturated in this area.

My last gun purchase was actually my wife buying herself an M&P to carry. I did but a Contender barrel last week, and my birthday is coming up.

Gray222
01-03-2016, 09:38 AM
And then what? I guess I could sell them to buy what I really want ammo.

I can live with only a dozen guns (if you forced me to par down my collection), but what I need is pallets of ammo.

I shoot 20,000 rounds a year. I would need 40,000-50,000 rounds to last through another 2008-2009 level ammo drought.

PF ammo pallet group buy?

I'll take a 55gallon drum of 9mm and one of 77gr otm...

ssb
01-03-2016, 11:59 AM
As far as the range (my actual job -- I generally don't work the sales floor) goes, the day after Christmas was the busiest day I've ever worked there. While Saturdays are typically our busiest day, it's rare that all ten lanes are filled, and even rarer that they stay filled for very long. I had all ten lanes filled from about a half hour after opening through lunch mid-shift. Came back an hour later and they were still full up. Maybe a hundred people rolled through that day. That's unheard of for us -- we're pretty small and the range itself doesn't make much money for the store.

I'd like to think that's related to people getting guns for Christmas and having family in town, but the following Monday, Tuesday, and Saturday were rather busy as well. Easily twice the amount of our normal business on those days. The weekdays prior to Christmas were busier than usual as well. People are practicing, and many of them are obviously brand new to all of this.

Glenn E. Meyer
01-03-2016, 12:07 PM
The big box stores around here (San Antonio) have lots of ammo. Pretty good crowds at the Bass Pro or Academy stores. Usual idiot conversations at the counters as males have to posture for the clerks. Went to the gun show as the matches were rained out. It was pretty crowded. Lots of standard items. Usual idiot conversations at counters. Debate about keeping a Colt Mustang in your pocket at half cock or cocked and locked. Appropriate use of 'half cock' as a side effort for the newbie with that carry style.

Didn't see anything really interesting. The new HK guns or the Sig 320s didn't move me. Old revolvers were very expensive. Quite a few guys bringing in AR types to sell.

Al T.
01-03-2016, 12:19 PM
Finally starting to see folks come in for the express purpose of getting ahead of .gov - Saturday was a zoo.

Dagga Boy
01-03-2016, 04:14 PM
I love it. See a guy like me walks in and scores this old thing nobody wants for less than a Glock.....:p

LSP972
01-03-2016, 05:23 PM
Large LGS a week or so before Christmas: lots of ammo, powder, primers, bullets, guns, suppressors. Staff outnumbered customers.
BassPro last week: two customers at gun counter, one looking at optics. Lots of ammo and more powder selection than I've seen in years.
Walmart: walking past sporting goods I saw the ammo shelf. Only .22LR was not in stock, everything else full. No gun sales at this particular store.

That's basically what I've been seeing here; no surging crowds, normal amount of customers, plenty of stock both guns and ammunition. Deep south here, Baton Rouge LA. Either everybody already HAS their stuff, or they ran out of money. Personally, I thinks its a bit of both. However, a buddy with a table there advised that the gunshow this week-end was rather crowded, with brisk sales that he could see. Maybe, with OBuckwheat returning from his vacation with the stated intent of "doing something about more gun control", folks are getting nervous again. I've noticed on-line ammo prices creeping up over the past few days, as well.

"Tactard central"… LOL, I heard that. My indoor range offers 24-7 access to members, so I always go before or after normal business hours. Last night, we got there early, and didn't even bother to grab a lane or unpack, at first. The show was worth watching.

You know, some of these people are downright scary. Like the OC tards who make us all look bad, you cannot help but hope that Darwinism isn't dead… yet, at the same time, these are probably otherwise-decent folks. It sure makes for an attitude conundrum toward these folks… at least, it does for me.

Now, the reckless idiots… not talking about those, they need a bullet in the head.

But I'm afraid that Pogo was right…

SamAdams
01-03-2016, 05:52 PM
Here's a question for you guys that are in a position to have a pretty solid idea. I keep seeing reports of record gun sales, and then there's all the media report that all those guns are being bought up by the "same old shrinking group of gun owners just adding to their collection." Then our side says that more and more people are becoming first time gun owners every day. So for you guys that are in the business in one form or another, just how much of the jump from 2008 til now has been first time gun owners vs the old guard?

I don't work in the industry & don't know if my recent experience reflects the wider picture. Several family members bought guns recently. All of them were already gun owners. But, they hadn't bought anything in many years. One person has a revolver & thought they better get a 9mm Glock before any new laws & regs come online. The other family members are hunters with plenty of sporting shotguns and rifles. They bought Glock 9mms for the same reason. They're also shopping for ARs. Recent events caught peoples' attention. - When I was in a couple of LGSs helping these relatives out, it seemed that about half the people were experienced gun owners and half were new. (A guess based on the questions they asked.) And there were quite a few new women buyers - always with a guy though.

ubervic
01-03-2016, 06:01 PM
...Usual idiot conversations at the counters as males have to posture for the clerks. Went to the gun show as the matches were rained out. It was pretty crowded. Lots of standard items. Usual idiot conversations at counters. Debate about keeping a Colt Mustang in your pocket at half cock or cocked and locked. Appropriate use of 'half cock' as a side effort for the newbie with that carry style...

Pretty startling that so many view their talk & posturing as being 'switched-on' whereas so many others view such as being decidedly 'dead-wrong.'

ssb
01-03-2016, 06:30 PM

My store caters primarily to hunters, though we do a brisk business in handgun and AR sales because $$$. Most of the employees are hunters rather than shooters. I'm kind of the "people who want a handgun for self defense" go-to person because of that, along with the other rangemaster (retired police detective). Assuming I'm not busy on the range I'll take the time to talk new buyers through their purchases. My boss likes that because they often end up with a $400 Shield instead of a $250 LCP.

Setting aside the hunters and regulars, in the past two weeks I've personally sold guns to...

- A prominent local attorney
- The owner of a great local barbecue restaurant (who hooked me up with free dinner for helping him select a gun -- awesome)
- About a half-dozen college-aged women
- One of the guys I take jiu jitsu with (college-age guy)
- Two truckers, both older African American males
- A woman in her mid-forties who runs the construction currently going on at my university (she's been back twice times to shoot it)
- An older couple concerned about recent break-ins

...all of whom struck me as first-time buyers or said as much. Most of them expressed interest in carrying the handgun some or all of the time, and many of them either set appointments for individual instruction or got it while they were doing their free range time after the purchase if I had the time. I've only been here for about a year and have no previous firearms retail experience so I can't comment on what it's like as compared to 2008 or anything, but my perception is that we're getting a lot of new gun owners coming through, especially since San Bernardino. As I said in a previous post, it's pistols they're wanting. There's a guy at the range, a member, who it seems like every week he's bringing in a new shooter from his church or work. Lots of people bringing their non-gun owning friends in. People are introducing their kids to it pretty regularly too. Furthermore, the customer base at my range isn't quite as monochromatic as the media narrative would have you believe.

JHC
01-03-2016, 07:23 PM
I'm digging how many of all ya'll report such interest in getting some instruction.

JodyH
01-03-2016, 07:40 PM
I'm digging how many of all ya'll report such interest in getting some instruction.
Now if we could just police up the retarded instructors of the world we'd really be making progress.

Tamara
01-03-2016, 07:56 PM

I'd say that, in any given week since I got back into this line of work last September, fully a quarter to a third of (handgun/scary black long gun) sales have been to new gun owners or to people who may have had a duck gun or deer gun stashed away someplace. We're also selling 2hr beginner's classes like they're going out of style.

Four more new students today, two of whom bought pistols (a 9mm P250C and a P224.) The woman who bought the 250 was so enthusiastic that her husband is coming back to take a class and buy a gat, too.

Al T.
01-03-2016, 08:21 PM
Setting aside the hunters and regulars, in the past two weeks I've personally sold guns to...

May want to work on some training skills. I've held many a class (of one/two) across the counter glass....

Dagga Boy
01-03-2016, 08:36 PM
I'd say that, in any given week since I got back into this line of work last September, fully a quarter to a third of (handgun/scary black long gun) sales have been to new gun owners or to people who may have had a duck gun or deer gun stashed away someplace. We're also selling 2hr beginner's classes like they're going out of style.

Four more new students today, two of whom bought pistols (a 9mm P250C and a P224.) The woman who bought the 250 was so enthusiastic that her husband is coming back to take a class and buy a gat, too.

I must still be on IGNORE as not one comment from Tam on post #36.

Wondering Beard
01-03-2016, 08:40 PM

Naah, she's just making you work for it ;-)

Tamara
01-03-2016, 08:46 PM

Being green with envy doesn't actually make a noise, as it turns out. :p :D

LSP972
01-03-2016, 11:29 PM

I thought she was just taking the same approach I am… don't respond and maybe he'll go away; or at least quit teasing us.

You're getting real mean with some of those "finds" there, me lad. You must have a pre-60 divining rod stashed somewhere…;)

Dagga Boy
01-03-2016, 11:53 PM
I thought she was just taking the same approach I am… don't respond and maybe he'll go away; or at least quit teasing us.

You're getting real mean with some of those "finds" there, me lad. You must have a pre-60 divining rod stashed somewhere…;)

Pre 60....how about pre-war...that is a March 1932 S&W Outdoorsman in wonderous condition. While folks were lined up buying Taurus curves, Springfield XD's and various Blackhawk holsters, that outdoorsman sat without a soul interested in it. Priced at a third of what its worth. The hardest part was listening to the guy behind the counter telling folks how you don't need to use sights, just instinctive shooting, and the virtues of the Serpa as the best holster ever. I just shut up and broke out a card for the old gun that is too big to carry and nobody makes a holster for....:p

TR675
01-04-2016, 12:50 AM
Pre 60....how about pre-war...that is a March 1932 S&W Outdoorsman in wonderous condition. While folks were lined up buying Taurus curves, Springfield XD's and various Blackhawk holsters, that outdoorsman sat without a soul interested in it. Priced at a third of what its worth. The hardest part was listening to the guy behind the counter telling folks how you don't need to use sights, just instinctive shooting, and the virtues of the Serpa as the best holster ever. I just shut up and broke out a card for the old gun that is too big to carry and nobody makes a holster for....:p

This is not how you make friends.

Tamara
01-04-2016, 01:11 AM

Hatin' you early to avoid the rush. ;)

Dagga Boy
01-04-2016, 01:26 AM
I actually had to call a buddy who is a collector of such things to make sure I was seeing what I thought it was. I was whispering into the phone in a corner of the store, as they did not really know what it was and priced it out of an old blue book. When he told me what it should be worth and I told him what the price on it was he said if I didn't, give him the name of the store and he would be calling to buy it sight unseen. After I bought it I sent him pictures. I took the "you dirty dog" text as a compliment. I found it amazingly ironic the line of people to buy what I consider total crap and the Taurus things I would not stake my life on in order to protect themselves from ISIS (and yes, you could buy a ISIS Hunting Permit sticker that seemed to get bought with every gun rung up), yet there was not a bit of interest in a piece of functional history made by the hands of true American craftsmen at the height of the Depression and some of the darkest days of our history. Thank goodness I rescued this poor thing and got it to the shelter for Pre War Smith N frames in Texas where it is loved and appreciated.

WobblyPossum
01-04-2016, 06:38 PM

If I said I hated you, would people believe I wasn't just trying to jump on the bandwagon because it's the popular thing to do? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olstyn
01-04-2016, 06:47 PM
nyeti, just to jump on the anti-bandwagon, I do not hate you. Congrats on finding something you'll love and appreciate. :)

serialsolver
01-04-2016, 08:16 PM
I don't hate him. I hate that I don't have the disposal income to by the 38-44 heavy duty or m12 I saw the last time I snuck into a gun shop.

john c
01-04-2016, 08:18 PM
the shelter for Pre War Smith N frames.

This needs to be your new sig line.

JAD
01-05-2016, 12:09 AM
I don't hate him.

Me either. I'm just quietly stockpiling Benjamins for when his daughter goes to college and he's hard up for cash.

PPGMD
01-05-2016, 09:25 AM
So now that the executive orders are out, do you think the panic buying will start to slow down? As outside of the NFA crowd there is little effect on the average gun owner.

ssb
01-05-2016, 09:30 AM
So now that the executive orders are out, do you think the panic buying will start to slow down? As outside of the NFA crowd there is little effect on the average gun owner.

I think you're overestimating the critical thinking skills of many of those average gun owners.

Appalachained
01-05-2016, 10:36 AM
Yesterday morning I went to Buds to fondle a Ruger American. At 10:30 in the morning there were three customers filling out papers at the same time and several people in line waiting to be waited on.

ffhounddog
01-05-2016, 11:00 AM

I miss not living in Texas finding the good pieces from a time when men were men...

Peally
01-05-2016, 12:29 PM
I haven't visited a gun store in a long time (I'm poor!) but they don't seem any busier than usual. That being said big box stores like Cabela's are always packed with customers at the counters.

JodyH
01-05-2016, 12:58 PM
I haven't visited a gun store in a long time (I'm poor!) but they don't seem any busier than usual. That being said big box stores like Cabela's are always packed with customers at the counters.
New buyers, especially non-middle aged white males and women are usually much more comfortable with the box store shopping experience than they are in the man cave gunstores.
Hell even I hate the average gunstore owner/employee (almost as much as I hate their average customer).

The same thing in reverse is I'll shop for the wife's Christmas at Macy's instead of the little boutique store.
I'm more comfortable in a place that sells men's Polo shirts alongside the lacy unmentionables than I am in a claustrophobic ladies wear boutique full of middle aged saleswomen with too much perfume and makeup.

Peally
01-05-2016, 01:31 PM
I'm the same way.

Luckily we have Nelson Tactical here in town, a big gun store that's actually clean and looks like a big box store. Only place I can get my HK stuff at a reasonable price too :D

SLG
01-05-2016, 01:33 PM
Went into a gun store today. Worst experience I've ever had in one. Paranoid old man running the counter. Won't go back.

Peally
01-05-2016, 01:40 PM
SLG they want to take your guns and they're not making any more .22. What's so paranoid about that?

SGT_Calle
01-05-2016, 03:21 PM
Went to PSA here in the upstate this afternoon to try and get my hands on a Sig 2022. (I believe coonfinger is the common term)
It was very busy but well staffed. A lot of folks in the range area and a CWP class going on in their big classroom.

Kyle Reese
01-05-2016, 04:24 PM
Went into a gun store today. Worst experience I've ever had in one. Paranoid old man running the counter. Won't go back.

I'm very selective about the FFLs that I frequent for this very reason. I'd rather get a root canal than suffer through the derp at some gun shops.

ReverendMeat
01-05-2016, 10:44 PM

I currently work at a Cabela's. It's been stupid busy all month (as far as guns go, our sales compared to the same time period last year are about double), I've been working overtime nonstop and I'm exhausted. And on a day off recently I went to a local shop to go shooting and it was packed, had to wait 40 minutes for a lane to open up. It does seem to me like some panic buying has started, but I must have missed the memo on exactly what it is that's worth getting all panicky over.

Tamara
01-05-2016, 11:32 PM
I went into a gun store today. Used Lane 1 for thirty minutes or so. Busted some caps. Had fun.

SamAdams
01-06-2016, 05:54 PM
I miss not living in Texas finding the good pieces from a time when men were men...

That's probably a very good point. First of all, Texas is a big state with a good size population, so that makes a difference. But they also have a very long history of having the right attitude. Sounds like a great place for finding some classic wheel-guns.

Dagga Boy
01-06-2016, 09:38 PM
That's probably a very good point. First of all, Texas is a big state with a good size population, so that makes a difference. But they also have a very long history of having the right attitude. Sounds like a great place for finding some classic wheel-guns.

I actually found it in Arizona. I have done very well when living at my vacation home in finding stellar deals on revolvers. Most of the places in Texas are still pretty pro classic revolvers and get more money. Due to the location of my other home, plastic, semi auto and tactical is what is popular and they get good money for.

Kennydale
01-10-2016, 11:22 PM
BHO sure drives the sales up . I went into Academy to buy some range ammo. Bought some last week. They must had re arranged their shelves mid week. All I saw was long gun ammo. They moved the Pistol ammo down to the opposite end from where its been for the last 3 years. I was thinking OH NO NOT ANOTHER PISTOL AMMO SHORTAGE !

Glenn E. Meyer
01-11-2016, 11:11 AM
Academy has tons of ammo near me. In San Antonio, we have a good number of LGS and two biggies - Gander and Bass Pro (price - haha!). Then the Academy stores that have the best chain prices. The gun shows have the best prices on standard new guns - their used revolver prices are bad though. I have one local favorite - their new guns are pricey but I've found a couple of deals and decent used revolvers if you watch their listings.

deputyG23
01-11-2016, 08:37 PM
SSG Tactical in Fredericksburg, VA is the LGS I frequent most often. Have been in at least 3x in the last month and the place was packed every time. People buying all sorts of handguns, high end ARs, and arranging to buy suppressors.

deputyG23
01-11-2016, 08:42 PM
I love it. See a guy like me walks in and scores this old thing nobody wants for less than a Glock.....:p

Lord, have mercy, you're killing me. I have suppressed this desire for a 38-44 Heavy Duty for a while now... This place is surely going to cost me money...
Stunningly beautiful Smith sixgun!