These look interesting for certain occasions:

http://www.ccwbreakaways.com/index.html

Opinions?

gtmtnbiker98
10-04-2011, 01:44 PM
A Gecko45 must have!

LittleLebowski
10-04-2011, 02:16 PM
Very specific need sort of thing. Gimme a good holster instead.

TGS
10-04-2011, 03:06 PM
I might buy a pair as my next pair of khaki's to try out. Even if the holster idea doesn't work well, I still get a pair of khakis...albeit expensive ones.

JV_
10-04-2011, 03:09 PM
I thought we discussed these in the past, but can't find the thread.

joshs
10-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Did anybody else read the thread title and envision someone wearing tear-away warm-up pants and a smartcarry? I mean, can't you see the advertising campaign: "Immediate and violent pants removal as Count 1 of draw-stroke is guaranteed to reset bad guy's OODA loop."

Kyle Reese
10-04-2011, 03:55 PM
Looks like these will sell briskly to the type of folks who fail to select a proper holster / method of carry.

Long tom coffin
10-04-2011, 04:22 PM
Looks like these will sell briskly to the type of folks who fail to select a proper holster / method of carry.

I'm thinking of these as more situation specific. A proper holster/method of carry will work for most situations, but not all. I'd rather have more available options than not. I'm certainly not thinking these would be an every day wear type of thing, but a pair might be useful to have for specific sets of circumstances. If I could fit my G19 in my pocket as opposed to a snub nose, which one do you think I'm going to pick?

Odin Bravo One
10-04-2011, 04:32 PM
I personally wouldn't put either in my pocket if I wanted to be able to use it. It is hard enough to execute a draw stroke from a holster while getting punched in the face or donkey stomped while on the ground. I think I am missing even the rare scenario where this idea is superior to other options. But I am open to enlightenment.

JeffJ
10-04-2011, 05:43 PM
I wear khakis and a tucked in polo or dress shirt everyday (for work). And carry a G34 AIWB in a CCC shaggy with no problems so I can't imagine
1. Paying $85.00 for a pair of casual pants
2. Being able to consistently and quickly being able to obtain a full firing grip and present the gun out of those things

I'm also a big believer in carrying your gun in the same place all the time, so 3-4 pairs of pants per year at $85 a pop (maybe I wear my pants out quicker than others) could easily get you a custom holster and belt built to your specs if you can't find something on the open market.

I think these things probably sell well to those who think that the little bulge at your waist is letting the whole world know that they're carrying, it's not - the world is too busy looking at their phones to pay any attention to you, much less your waist band.

I also have a feeling that despite how neat the pocket is - if you have a G19 in your pocket it's just as bulgy and awkward as having, well - a G19 in a pocket.

TGS
10-04-2011, 05:45 PM
SeanM and GS,

Maybe when you're wearing a tucked dress/polo shirt and khaki's, like it's advertised, it's more appropriate. I haven't found a way to conceal a service pistol in that sort of clothing without having a noticeable bulge on my waistline from adding a gun to my circumference. I'm not talking about printing, I mean the actual bulge from the bulk of a service pistol and how the waistline looks like there's a tumor underneath, not to mention the barrel against my ass if carrying behind the hip(my dress(y) clothes usually are semi-form fitting compared to my looser, relaxed street clothing).

Seems like it'd be better in that situation from a draw-stroke perspective as well since you wouldn't have to untuck a shirt.

If you guys have a better solution, I'm all ears.

TGS
10-04-2011, 05:47 PM
I wear khakis and a tucked in polo or dress shirt everyday (for work). And carry a G34 AIWB in a CCC shaggy with no problems

:confused:

How do you tuck in a shirt with a Shaggy? I haven't seen a tuckable option for it.

mscott327
10-04-2011, 05:52 PM
I think I'll stick with my crossbreed holster. I can wear it several different ways and it will go with every clothing option I own. $90 for a pair of khaki pants is steep.

just my .02

JeffJ
10-04-2011, 05:59 PM
:confused:

How do you tuck in a shirt with a Shaggy? I haven't seen a tuckable option for it.

I tuck around the loop which I replaced with one that is leather and matches my belt - it works well with a single attachment holster like the shaggy - I fold the shirt under itself a where it goes over the loop and sort of hold it down on either side. I feel like I'm not explaining this well - I'll try and post a pic later when I get home

orionz06
10-04-2011, 10:18 PM
Maybe I will buy a pair in case pleats ever make a come back.

mnealtx
10-04-2011, 10:22 PM
A Gecko45 must have!

LOLOLOL!!!

Absolutely...you think he can get the MP5K-PDW in there?

Dropkick
10-05-2011, 03:00 PM
Thread split so Dropkick can fully embrace his MC Hammer fetish.

http://www.themagazine.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Parachute-Pants.png

:D Oooooh, Oooooh, oooh!