PDA

View Full Version : New carry gun?

tb469
01-01-2016, 02:30 PM
I want a compact, metal frame tda gun to carry. I have been looking at the M11 a1. For about the price of the m11 I could get a cajunized PCR. What are the pros and cons of either?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lon
01-01-2016, 03:05 PM
I think you'll be able to get a better trigger on the PCR. Mags are readily available for both. Holsters (at least the kind I like) need to be special ordered for either so that's a wash. Probably more sight options for the Sig.

If it was me I'd go with the PCR.

Paladin
01-01-2016, 07:06 PM
I had an m11a1 it had a decent trigger it comes with the short reset trigger which is very short and not sure why Sig doesn't put it on all of their guns. The DA pull was ok a little heavy and but clean the SA pull was nice and very crisp and the one I had ran without malfunction until I traded it for a lift kit and tires for my truck I would not hesitate to own one again it was a nice pistol and easy to conceal. No opinion on th PCR as I've never owned one. I will also mention you might try taking a look at wilsons new beretta 96g compact i just ordered one they look to be very nice.
Rick

GJM
01-01-2016, 07:44 PM
I would carefully read the P01 thread that is currently ongoing.

The CZ is likely to tune to a better trigger and the Sig is likely more durable and reliable.

BehindBlueI's
01-01-2016, 07:53 PM
PCR factory sights suck and aftermarket options are limited. Otherwise, I'd probably own one. Holster options are a bit more limited, too, if that matters to you.

Casual Friday
01-01-2016, 10:05 PM
After seeing Sig's Legion series, I decided I'm going to buy one. I will probably buy the P226 Legion, since my Sig Pro handles compact concealed carry duty for me. The P229 Legion would make a fantastic carry gun. The trigger is amazing.

Sero Sed Serio
01-02-2016, 03:59 PM
I had an m11a1 it had a decent trigger it comes with the short reset trigger which is very short and not sure why Sig doesn't put it on all of their guns.

IRRC, with the SRT, the firing pin block safety remains disengaged after the pistol cycles, until the trigger is reset. With the standard SIG trigger system, it resets immediately. I can't think of any plausible scenario, or any implausible ones, where this could result in an accidental discharge, but some department/agency policies are written in a way that don't allow the SRT.

I've only fondled a PCR and was really impressed by how it felt, but the ongoing P01 thread gave me pause. I'm almost a SIG Fanboy, and shoot that family of guns better than anything else out there--you can't go wrong with the M11. I have an older non-rail P229 9mm that has been flawless through 7,000 rounds or so, and the gun is just a joy to shoot. My newer P229 Legacy (short extractor) has also performed well, but has a much, much lower round count. I had a P226 stainless with some issues (damaged barrel and bad extractor spring causing FTExtracts), but SIG took care of everything, and with the new extractor spring and replacement barrel, it runs like a champ.

I saw a thread on Sig Talk where a poster had very quick rail wear on an FDE M11--the poster reported that they contacted SIG, who refused to correct the issue under warranty, claiming it was a cosmetic finish issue, not a performance issue. According to the poster, SIG confirmed that the aluminum frames on the FDE models are not anodized, but the duracoat or whatever the finish is is just applied directly to the bare aluminum. This would make me hesitant about one of the FDE SIGs, but I would have no problems with a traditional black or two-tone version.

OnionsAndDragons
01-02-2016, 09:41 PM
I'm not a huge fan of the little CZs. Full size, and ya got me.

The compact Sigs are nice guns, IME. Hannah has a 229 that is a great shooter. I honestly like the 2022 better for a compact carry option. Or the 239. I'm still trying to justify buying one of those. If I hadn't fallen in live with the LEM, I would be carrying a 2022 or 226 all the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

azerious
01-02-2016, 10:35 PM
Never mind i cannot read. Metal gun DA/SA for carry, look at a Beretta 92 Compact

awmp
01-04-2016, 08:24 PM
I have a Sig 228 that I had sent to Sig and got the SRT and Trigger Job done, wow what a great job they do!

I would love to find a Sig 229 Legion 9mm.

The M11 is a good pistol, I have a friend that carries one on a regular basis.

The M11 is not as light as a Glock 19 due to its frame and build but you can't go wrong its a nice pistol.

I would try and find what your looking for and see if you can fire before you buy.

LockedBreech
01-04-2016, 11:40 PM
It's my least popular internet opinion, but based on what I've seen and the limited amount I've shot in real life I just do not quite trust CZ guns to be reliable.

Not that Sig is without its QC issues but the design fundamentals seem better.

Disclaimer: I do not actually know anything.