- Glock 27
- Ruger LCP
- S&W M&P 9mm
- Glock 42

More in the PDF.
Cody

Glenn E. Meyer
12-27-2015, 12:05 PM
How could Glocks be so popular. I read on the Internet that the grip angle and ergonomics of Glocks are horrible. I thought the article, which is by the throne now, had an interesting point that CDP is losing popularity for the 9's. Oh, the horror!

Maybe I will shoot my 1911 more and come in better in the matches. I once came in second after a champion revolver shooter (well, there were only two revolvers that day!).

cclaxton
12-27-2015, 12:20 PM
People competing in IDPA or in Production or Optics in USPSA need reliable pistols. Competitors quickly move away from guns with bad triggers, unreliable, mag issues, grip issues, etc. I think these lists represent the most reliable production/stock guns available today.
I am surprised by the popularity of the S&W Shield, more than the GLock 26 for CCW. I personally don't like the grip/trigger on the Shield. Also, interesting to see the Glock 43 already on the top list. 40cal all but gone from IDPA competition, but still hanging on with CCW. Notable not a single Sig in CCW firearms. I carry a CZ75 SDP L cocked and locked.

I am also happy to see the progress CZ is making in IDPA as well.
Cody

Glenn E. Meyer
12-27-2015, 12:23 PM
Around here folks buy Shields as they are cheaper and pocketable as compared to G26s. That translates into match choice?

The 40 is doomed!! I ditched my 27 and went 9 or 45 in the semis. I do have Buckmark for plinking and steel.

TheRoland
12-27-2015, 01:11 PM
Around here folks buy Shields as they are cheaper and pocketable as compared to G26s. That translates into match choice?

To clarify, that's the pistol that competitors said they carried when they weren't competing.

taadski
12-27-2015, 02:24 PM
Notable not a single Sig in CCW firearms.
Cody

Whatchu tawkin' 'bout Willis?

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo324/taadski/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_1105_zpsy7detky2.png (http://s388.photobucket.com/user/taadski/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_1105_zpsy7detky2.png.html)

FWIW, I don't put a lot of stock in these surveys, but what's kinda humorous/lame/sad/telling for an organization with a mission statement like IDPA's (and perhaps the gun carrying public as a whole?) is the disparity between "top guns" and "top CCW" choices.

t

gtmtnbiker98
12-27-2015, 02:35 PM

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo324/taadski/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_1105_zpsy7detky2.png (http://s388.photobucket.com/user/taadski/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_1105_zpsy7detky2.png.html)

FWIW, I don't put a lot of stock in these surveys, but what's kinda humorous/lame/sad/telling for an organization with a mission statement like IDPA's (and perhaps the gun carrying public as a whole?) is the disparity between "top guns" and "top CCW" choices.

tAgree, IDPA is a joke.

orionz06
12-27-2015, 02:41 PM
What I really wanna know, and you'll never get it from a survey, is how many folks actually carry their gun compared to how many say they carry and respond in kind.

taadski
12-27-2015, 03:05 PM
What I really wanna know, and you'll never get it from a survey, is how many folks actually carry their gun...

We have a couple. :p Even less though that carry one similar to the one they compete with.

Agree, IDPA is a joke.

Believe it or not, I actually wasn't really going there. ;) I bitch about the subjectivity of the rules as much as anybody, but…. It's a game. I enjoy playing it. I'm not going to try and take away the fact that for some (between their ears anyway), it's more than that. It gets folks out shooting together.

It has actually turned into a great bonding activity between my father and I. He doesn't feel comfortable with his skill set for some of the other shooting sports, but he likes IDPA. And, incidentally, his skills have grown pretty dramatically as a result. Over the holidays, my mother was actually bitching about "all the clicking" going on down in my Dad's study over the summer. :D Tickled me pink…

t

LSP972
12-27-2015, 03:13 PM

I'm definitely confused. I thought the whole idea behind IDPA was concealed carry??? And yeah, the G34 is definitely in the top ten of viable concealed carry pistols...:rolleyes:

cclaxton
12-27-2015, 03:15 PM
Agree, IDPA is a joke.
This is the IDPA forum. This forum is for people that support and like IDPA.
You are entitled to your opinion, but please post it someplace else.
Codey

cclaxton
12-27-2015, 03:30 PM
What I really wanna know, and you'll never get it from a survey, is how many folks actually carry their gun compared to how many say they carry and respond in kind.
In the 2015 IDPA Nationals survey 269 said they have carry permits, 69 who didn't and the rest didn't answer.
I think this varies a lot by region, and it's not useful to generalize it nationally. In Virginia I can tell you that 75-85% of those who shoot IDPA matches also carry where legal to do so, which is just about everywhere. In Maryland, it's less than 50% because CCW permits are difficult to acquire, and often come with restrictions. It also depends what you call "carry." A lot of guys in WV keep a pistol in their truck, but don't usually carry it on them. The mix of CCW carriers is different in Maryland and Virginia. Maryland is heavily LEO, ex-LEO, and Federal Agents with a sprinkling of civilians. In Virginia it's majority civilians with a sizable group of LEO's, ex-LEO's and Federal Agents.

To me the bigger issue is the percentage of Virginia CCW who are poorly skilled. One of the main reasons I shoot and support IDPA is to get new/novice shooters into a program that will improve their safety and their skills. I have helped many a new shooter go from green to competent, and that is what keeps me going. I always encourage them to go further and take tactical courses once they get confident.
Cody

orionz06
12-27-2015, 03:39 PM
In the 2015 IDPA Nationals survey 269 said they have carry permits, 69 who didn't and the rest didn't answer.
I think this varies a lot by region, and it's not useful to generalize it nationally. In Virginia I can tell you that 75-85% of those who shoot IDPA matches also carry where legal to do so, which is just about everywhere. In Maryland, it's less than 50% because CCW permits are difficult to acquire, and often come with restrictions. It also depends what you call "carry." A lot of guys in WV keep a pistol in their truck, but don't usually carry it on them. The mix of CCW carriers is different in Maryland and Virginia. Maryland is heavily LEO, ex-LEO, and Federal Agents with a sprinkling of civilians. In Virginia it's majority civilians with a sizable group of LEO's, ex-LEO's and Federal Agents.

To me the bigger issue is the percentage of Virginia CCW who are poorly skilled. One of the main reasons I shoot and support IDPA is to get new/novice shooters into a program that will improve their safety and their skills. I have helped many a new shooter go from green to competent, and that is what keeps me going. I always encourage them to go further and take tactical courses once they get confident.
Cody

Having their license/permit and actually doing so are very different things. I'd throw the bullshit flag on 75-85% of people actually carrying as we know it here.

cclaxton
12-27-2015, 03:39 PM
I'm definitely confused. I thought the whole idea behind IDPA was concealed carry??? And yeah, the G34 is definitely in the top ten of viable concealed carry pistols...:rolleyes:

We have pistol divisions for just about any sized CCW gun you want to shoot, from BUG to Compact Carry Pistol to Full-sized ESP/SSP to full-sized .45cal. And before you say nobody carries a Glock 34, I know a few LEOs and Federal guys who carry a Glock 34, and it's their favorite gun. I also know a number of civilians who carry full-sized 1911's.

This posting was intended to provide information, not debate.
Cody

cclaxton
12-27-2015, 03:41 PM
Having their license/permit and actually doing so are very different things. I'd throw the bullshit flag on 75-85% of people actually carrying as we know it here.
You may be right, but you don't know if you are right. As I said, I know for a fact there are regional differences. It's useless to throw around generalities since the state and regional variances are great.
Cody

cclaxton
12-27-2015, 03:42 PM
Well, I was looking at the list of models, not brands.
But, fair enough...thanks for pointing that out.
Cody

t

taadski
12-27-2015, 03:47 PM
This is the IDPA forum. This forum is for people that support and like IDPA.
Codey

Says who? Under the section it says "International Defensive Pistol Association Discussion". Not "Passes Cody's smell-test" or "Only supportive discussion, please". Lighten up, Francis.

(And you spelled your own name wrong, btw). :p

t

orionz06
12-27-2015, 03:54 PM
You may be right, but you don't know if you are right. As I said, I know for a fact there are regional differences. It's useless to throw around generalities since the state and regional variances are great.
Cody

And you don't know if you are right, it's useless to throw around generalities.

In all of these surveys it sure feels good to respond like you carry a gun 24/7 and even tell people you do but I think the safe money is on respondents lying.

taadski
12-27-2015, 03:55 PM
Well, I was looking at the list of models, not brands.
But, fair enough...thanks for pointing that out.
Cody

I was mostly just joshing. As I mentioned, I don't put a whole lot of stock in these surveys. Regardless, us Sig weanies gotta represent, yo! :cool: ;)

orionz06
12-27-2015, 03:56 PM
I was mostly just joshing. As I mentioned, I don't put a whole lot of stock in these surveys. Regardless, us Sig weanies gotta represent, yo! :cool: ;)

According to the survey you don't exist.

LSP972
12-27-2015, 04:03 PM
And before you say nobody carries a Glock 34...

I didn't say nor infer that. I also know a few people who tote one concealed regularly. But how many people, as a percentage of the ones you know about who do carry regularly, carry a large and heavy piece such as that, or a smaller and lighter example? In any event, my point, such as it was, sailed very wide of the mark.

This posting was not intended to provoke debate. It was posted to serve as a reminder (to me) why I don't get involved in these discussions. I obviously lost my head for a minute, there.

Sorry, I'll try not to let it happen again.;)

orionz06
12-27-2015, 04:06 PM
I didn't say nor infer that. I also know a few people who tote one concealed regularly. But how many people, as a percentage of the ones you know about who do carry regularly, carry a large and heavy piece such as that, or a smaller and lighter example? In any event, my point, such as it was, sailed very wide of the mark.

This posting was not intended to provoke debate. It was posted to serve as a reminder (to me) why I don't get involved in these discussions. I obviously lost my head for a minute, there.

Sorry, I'll try not to let it happen again.;)

I'd guess that the majority of respondents who weren't liars are carrying something like an LCP, or smaller, tucked away in a fanny pack or vest pocket.

Glenn E. Meyer
12-27-2015, 05:15 PM
That's the case. I know quite a few competitors around around who don't carry or carry a little guy. To a friend's credit, he has dropped his big blaster for his Shield in the last two matches to ring it out. He found out that with his giant hands, he kept pressing the mag release and screwing up.

I love IDPA (horrors) - it's pace is fine with me and I have friends there. But it's not a serious concealed carry paradigm. As pointed out the Glock 34's are silly although a small number carry them. A friend has but most of the time, it's a Sig 938. For the higher end folks, the vests are silly. Make a rule that you wear a tropical shirt or a fleece vest. The new category that makes a G19 a little guy because you really, really down load it - HUH?

Want a little guy carry division? Pocket carry the gun. If you shoot off your balls, too bad.

J frames or a box that only the current 380's fit in. Have the shooter carry one reload and have to hit each target once in the zero or lose 5 (no double taps, three shots Mozambiques, etc.). No make ups. That would be a SHTF pocket carry gun realistic view.

That being said, I like IDPA and steel.

LSP972
12-27-2015, 05:23 PM
I'd guess that the majority of respondents who weren't liars are carrying something like an LCP, or smaller, tucked away in a fanny pack or vest pocket.

Count on it.

The level of hypocrisy amongst the players at the several local IDPA matches I went to was rather amusing. There were two of us, that I know for sure, who were competing with the same gun and gear that we carried everyday. I'm retired, and the other guy is self-employed; i.e., no dress code to worry about. The others; well, hey you gotta wear slacks and a tie at work, no problem, I understand. Add in some NPE considerations, I get it. But just own it; don't make a bunch of lame-ass excuses. You're playing a game, with gamer gear.

I could go on, but its all been covered before. I too hesitate to criticize in excess, because for those few who do use their actual carry gear, its a great way to put said gear to the test. And its good practice for those who don't know how to practice.

But to try and 'splain that, hey, lots of people carry G34s concealed… oh, please…;)

orionz06
12-27-2015, 05:40 PM
Lots of people do carry and conceal G34/35's daily but they don't don the gun burka to play the vest game.

Glenn E. Meyer
12-27-2015, 05:52 PM
Gun burka - got to use that. Of course, at USPSA, there are squads of fat bellies in skin tight yellow bumble-bee outfits. I still shudder at the guy who was sweaty and you could see his hairy belly as the shirt was semi-transparent. Yuk!

It's all just fun. It was colder last IDPA match and I used an old ratty LLBean bomber style jacket.

cclaxton
12-27-2015, 06:22 PM
Count on it.

The level of hypocrisy amongst the players at the several local IDPA matches I went to was rather amusing. There were two of us, that I know for sure, who were competing with the same gun and gear that we carried everyday. I'm retired, and the other guy is self-employed; i.e., no dress code to worry about. The others; well, hey you gotta wear slacks and a tie at work, no problem, I understand. Add in some NPE considerations, I get it. But just own it; don't make a bunch of lame-ass excuses. You're playing a game, with gamer gear.

I could go on, but its all been covered before. I too hesitate to criticize in excess, because for those few who do use their actual carry gear, its a great way to put said gear to the test. And its good practice for those who don't know how to practice.

But to try and 'splain that, hey, lots of people carry G34s concealed… oh, please…;)

What I find amusing is complaining about people misreporting what gun they carry when we have absolutely no data to back up the argument on either side.
It is all speculation.
I can only know the people who I shoot with and who come to my matches. They have no reason to lie about it. I ask what people carry. I can't, however, turn that into a generalization for the whole State or REgion, much less the US. There are so many variables and factors that specualation is useless.
Tell me what you KNOW, not what you don't know.
Cody

LSP972
12-27-2015, 06:23 PM
Lots of people do carry and conceal G34/35's daily...

Must be a regional thing, then. Because practically no one I know (and I see plenty of folks daily at the lab, besides the ones I know) conceal carries anything bigger than a G19.

Moot point anyway, I suppose.

LSP972
12-27-2015, 06:31 PM
What I find amusing is complaining about people misreporting what gun they carry when we have absolutely no data to back up the argument on either side.
It is all speculation.

No, it is not speculation. I told you (well, actually orionZ06) what I SEE, in addition to what I know. And yes, that is for my region (deep south). What you aren't taking into consideration is that I have been to seminars/etc. all over this country, and its always the same… a very few are actually armed, even fewer are carrying a serious handgun. And everybody talks a good game, such as how anybody serious uses a .45… while carrying a J frame on their ankle, if that.

Whatever… out here.

gtmtnbiker98
12-27-2015, 06:46 PM
Says who? Under the section it says "International Defensive Pistol Association Discussion". Not "Passes Cody's smell-test" or "Only supportive discussion, please". Lighten up, Francis.

tLol!!!

orionz06
12-27-2015, 06:46 PM
Why would someone lie on a survey? Because they don't wanna look like a bunch of best wearing nerds who take their competition specific equipment outta the gun rugs and play once or twice a month.

People respond how they wish to be, not how they actually live.

Don't believe me? Go start s diet thread asking how everyone eats and how much they work out and then ask for a pic...

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl

cclaxton
12-27-2015, 07:39 PM
Why would someone lie on a survey? Because they don't wanna look like a bunch of best wearing nerds who take their competition specific equipment outta the gun rugs and play once or twice a month.
People respond how they wish to be, not how they actually live.
Don't believe me? Go start s diet thread asking how everyone eats and how much they work out and then ask for a pic...
It's not that I don't believe you. It's that you don't know one way or another and you speculate and throw doubt around.
For one thing: At least with the IDPA Championship we have something to go on. I have done those questionaires before and they are anonymous and optional. So, there is no reason to lie, and you have cited no evidence to show that they will. People will lie in higher numbers when they want to hide something, asked embarrassing questions, want to prank the survey, etc. But in the IDPA survey, it was anonymous and they have no reason to lie, so most people will tell the truth. By your analysis 100% of shooters would be saying they have a CCW permit because it would be embarrassing to admit that when involved in a concealed carry sport.

With no data to show people did lie, and no reasons given for them to lie since it was anonymous, and no data to the contrary to dispute those gun statistics, they stand as the best data available, no matter what doubt you cast upon it.
Cody

orionz06
12-27-2015, 07:44 PM
Well we all know you're gonna believe whatever the hell you want anyway... Discussion was worth a shot.

cclaxton
12-27-2015, 07:51 PM
Well we all know you're gonna believe whatever the hell you want anyway... Discussion was worth a shot.

Actually I came to the table with facts. You have a believe they are lies...but you have failed to show they are.
Cody

orionz06
12-27-2015, 08:19 PM
Anonymous survey results are far from facts.

Edwin
12-27-2015, 08:26 PM
I'm actually more pissed they got all the winner's names wrong for the WA state match.

ranger
12-27-2015, 09:09 PM
I appreciate the information provided. I cannot help but note that the majority of the competitors were using striker style weapons and that TDA was underrepresented. Apparently, not enough of those competitors are true connoisseurs of pistols. Hopefully, they will see the light before next year's championship.

ST911
12-27-2015, 10:16 PM
Observation of my club(s), off the top of my head...

Members are about evenly split three ways: those that will shoot what they carry, those that shoot one and carry another, those that only wear a gun at the match. Few are regular, dedicated carriers. Occasional, at best.

Of those shooting a full size gun at the match, most seem to carry something else. Interestingly, the full size 1911 guys are more often found with the same gun than than those shooting a G17/34, XD, or M&P. Knowing most of them, all are older, and it's a legacy/emotional/"mans gun" kind of thing. Also interesting, all of the revolver division shooters CCW small to medium autos.

About 1/3 reload ammo for themselves or others. Most shouldn't. The 1911 and revolver guys seem most likely to be reloaders.

Many are at least occasional shooters in the USPSA club(s) as well. If they classified, none but a couple would be better than a low C class.

The high shooters are most commonly using Glocks.

One to three current or former LE is the max.

Talking with friends elsewhere, this seems like a pretty typical experience.

I CCW and gun-game a G34, with the same holsters and pouches.

Whether IDPA is a good gun game or not, I respect all that make the effort to show up, put themselves out there for all to see, and get trigger time. That's a lot more than many others are doing.

GJM
12-27-2015, 11:18 PM
This survey is, without question, flawed. Where do they show all the HK LEM pistols?

Jim Watson
12-28-2015, 12:17 AM
Most popular guns:
- Glock 34 73
- S&W M&P Pro 9mm 37
- Glock 19 20
- Glock 17 18
- Springfield Arms XDm 9mm 18
- S&W M&P 9mm 16
- CZ SP-01 Shadow 14
- Glock 41 9
- S&W 625 6
- S&W M&P .45ACP 6
- Others: 194

So all the many brands of 1911 derivatives are lumped into "Others?"
Some survey.

I have been working to upgun from a subcompact to my old Commander for carry.

orionz06
12-28-2015, 12:21 AM
Most popular guns:
- Glock 34 73
- S&W M&P Pro 9mm 37
- Glock 19 20
- Glock 17 18
- Springfield Arms XDm 9mm 18
- S&W M&P 9mm 16
- CZ SP-01 Shadow 14
- Glock 41 9
- S&W 625 6
- S&W M&P .45ACP 6
- Others: 194

So all the many brands of 1911 derivatives are lumped into "Others?"
Some survey.

I have been working to upgun from a subcompact to my old Commander for carry.

You take your "data" and you like it! Keep yer mouth shut about it!

Pay no mind to almost half of the numbers...

Luke
12-28-2015, 12:35 AM
190 of the "others" we're P30's. I can feel it.

BigT
12-28-2015, 08:07 AM
Most people on the interwebz who carry a G17 don't
Most people in fact on said interwebz who carry a gun"all the time" don't.

YVK
12-28-2015, 09:05 AM
190 of the "others" we're P30's. I can feel it.

I shoot my 30s in IDPA and when asked why, my aswer is cause I carry it. I say not the best game gun but the best compromise for me. I am yet to have one person here locally to continue the dialogue as to what they carry.

GJM
12-28-2015, 09:34 AM
I shoot my 30s in IDPA and when asked why, my aswer is cause I carry it. I say not the best game gun but the best compromise for me. I am yet to have one person here locally to continue the dialogue as to what they carry.

What division do you shoot in -- SSP, CCP, or GrayGuns?

NEPAKevin
12-28-2015, 10:02 AM
Most people on the interwebz who carry a G17 don't
Most people in fact on said interwebz who carry a gun"all the time" don't.

The truth is that most do carry a G17 all the time but the whole truth is that it's an Airsoft and all the time is in their parent's basement wearing nothing but a shoulder holster and bunny slippers. Another truth is that none of us really want to know the whole truth much less have a mental picture of it.

YVK
12-28-2015, 10:04 AM
What division do you shoot in -- SSP, CCP, or GrayGuns?

SND - special needs division. Four people shoot it here, myself with my GGI guns, a half mute half deaf woman with a Taurus Curve, and two guys who share one Mink CZ.

MGW
12-28-2015, 11:01 AM
I think the survey would be more interesting if they broke it down by division. I don't really care what someone carries for their concealed carry. As pure curiosity though I would be interested to see what is being used in the new CCP division by most competitors. Same with the BUG division.

It doesn't matter I'm just curious.

Edwin
12-28-2015, 12:19 PM
I've seen Nighthawk's T4, G19, FM Detective, PX4 fullsize, detonics combat master and a S&W 539.

BUG division is almost 99% S&W Shields that everyone actually carries.

Savage Hands
12-28-2015, 06:38 PM

t

:cool:

TheRoland
12-28-2015, 07:16 PM
I think the survey would be more interesting if they broke it down by division. I don't really care what someone carries for their concealed carry. As pure curiosity though I would be interested to see what is being used in the new CCP division by most competitors. Same with the BUG division.

It doesn't matter I'm just curious.

G19 owns CCP if it's anything like my local area. I'm talking out of my ass, but I don't think I've ever seen one in SSP, even before CCP was a thing.

MGW
12-28-2015, 08:33 PM
G19 owns CCP if it's anything like my local area. I'm talking out of my ass, but I don't think I've ever seen one in SSP, even before CCP was a thing.

That's be use you never shot IDPA with me. [emoji4]

I only make it to roughly one match a month but I still compete in SSP with my 19. No one else is shooting CCP locally. Plus it's fun to have an excuse for getting my ass handed to me by the guys shooting 5" pistols.

abu fitna
12-29-2015, 11:24 AM
I also have only ever shot SSP with the Glock 19, but I compete with my EDC. The only concession I make to the games to is to add another double mag pouch for USPSA / IPSC; and typically I will make sure I am running OWB (just to avoiding dealing with the various fainting souls that are not used to carry, who complain anytime IWB is seen on the range regardless of whether fouled holstering from cover garment is even a possibility.) But some days one shows up as one is dressed. Hell, I have even shot with duty ammo simply because I didn't have time to grab spare training ammo. Nothing like a cold test.

I still think the CCP category should reflect what the majority of folks actually carry (and I know, most can and maybe even should carry something like a 19, but that is another debate and frankly, its a free country and they live as they like as far as I am concerned). But I suppose given that everyone thinks one needs a 34 length slide to compete stock; and pocket guns are only for BUG matches, IDPA went where the consensus led.

JonInWA
12-29-2015, 03:04 PM
I shoot, carry and compete with all of my Glocks-G17, G19, G21, G22 and yes, G34. It's not fundamentally difficult to conceal carry a G21 or G34. It's not fundamentally difficult to compete in IDPA with a G19.

I enjoy the IDPA magazine's surveys. Whle they may not be scientifically accurate, when you look at them over the years I think that they are fundamentally accurate and illumining.

While I'm not surprised at the preponderance of Glock and S&W, I am a bit surprised on the paucity of HKs, and by the "over-representation" of semi-custom 1911s in our club (but the former Nighthawk Regional Rep is a very active participant, and undoubtedly it played into the decision process of many-including myself).

I have personally observed numerous shooters very credibly shooting their XDs-both in disparate matches and over time-but that's not a route I'm particularly inclined to travel...

With (and perhaps despite) flaws and warts, I still find IDPA a great venue for dynamic shooting. There are compromises and numerous arcane rules-but, as long as safety is taken into consideration, a shooter has the option of shooting "his way"/"more tactically" so as long as he's willing to absorb procedural penalties and additional time.

Best, Jon

Edwin
12-29-2015, 03:20 PM
I'm always surprised at how fast Willecke is out of his IWB holster with his XD.

JonInWA
12-29-2015, 06:42 PM
Yup. And I've never seen him, or any other of the NWPPA IDPA shooters using XDs over the years have any issues, with the exception of Kyle on his XD sub-compact, who had some sort of a barrel or feed ramp issue that Springfield Armory resolved.

However, as has been discussed here (and elsewhere) in detail, the XDs have not done well in any of the LEO trials they've undergone. In my opinion, there are equally shootable, competitively priced options from other manufacturers in a polymer-frame striker-fired pistol that additionally have other significant benefits. But I've held off on disparaging XD users lately (to their faces, at least).

Best, Jon

MGW
12-29-2015, 09:54 PM
After reviewing the CCP rules again I'm going to stat shooting CCP. I can install a grip plug and still be legal. Gives me an excuse to buy another 19 and "game it out" if I want to for shooting IDPA.

Gadget, Agency Arms mag well, undercut trigger guard, Apex trigger, Taran base plates, Gripforce adapter, full stipple job...

Sounds expensive. Think I'll just buy the grip plug and the Gadget.

PPGMD
12-29-2015, 10:44 PM
Number of people DQ'd because IDPA HQ decided a readily replaceable part wasn't what they considered readily replaceable: 1

JonInWA
12-30-2015, 08:21 AM
Number of people DQ'd because IDPA HQ decided a readily replaceable part wasn't what they considered readily replaceable: 1

Such as?

Best, Jon

PPGMD
12-31-2015, 03:42 PM
Such as?

Mason one of the Team SIG shooters for stippling the grip module of his P320.

JAD
01-01-2016, 06:21 AM
Interestingly when idpa started Kansas and MO were not shall issue, and yet most of us carried at least most of the time.

The G34 (while I'm glad it works so well for Mr. White) was my second big disappointment with idpa's equipment rules, after the creation of ESP. It was clearly designed specifically as a game gun /for IDPA/ -- it fits the box precisely -- and I couldn't at the time imagine a gun less in keeping with the intent of the game. Oh well, as they say.

BigT
01-01-2016, 10:48 AM
Yup. Obviously the wrong sort of readily replaceable.

ranger
01-01-2016, 01:21 PM
Interestingly when idpa started Kansas and MO were not shall issue, and yet most of us carried at least most of the time.

The G34 (while I'm glad it works so well for Mr. White) was my second big disappointment with idpa's equipment rules, after the creation of ESP. It was clearly designed specifically as a game gun /for IDPA/ -- it fits the box precisely -- and I couldn't at the time imagine a gun less in keeping with the intent of the game. Oh well, as they say.

Not sure of the dates but I suspect that G34 was intended for USPSA-IPSC and maybe IDPA built the box to insure that the G34/35 fit? Will be interesting to see if any USPSA, IDPA, Glock historians have better information.

JAD
01-01-2016, 04:15 PM
I'm sure of the dates. Member #379, SO at two of the earlier nationals, etc.

freeidaho
01-01-2016, 07:20 PM
Production began on the G34 in 1998, long after the IDPA box dimensions were set in 1996.

ranger
01-01-2016, 08:19 PM
I'm sure of the dates. Member #379, SO at two of the earlier nationals, etc.

Well, there you go. Thanks for the clarification!

JAD
01-01-2016, 08:48 PM
Well, there you go. Thanks for the clarification!

I sound surer than I should. I never heard it from anyone at Glock, for example. The 34/35 came out in 1998; idpa started in 1996. The 34 would score minor in uspsa, and the 35 would have competed against .40 double stack race guns in limited (there were only the two divisions back then), and the 24 would have been legal in limited anyway. The 34 fits very precisely in the box, but then it has the same dimensions as a 1911, which the box is more or less built around.

freeidaho
01-01-2016, 09:01 PM
A useful tool https://us.glock.com/heritage/timeline

ranger
01-01-2016, 09:05 PM
I sound surer than I should. I never heard it from anyone at Glock, for example. The 34/35 came out in 1998; idpa started in 1996. The 34 would score minor in uspsa, and the 35 would have competed against .40 double stack race guns in limited (there were only the two divisions back then), and the 24 would have been legal in limited anyway. The 34 fits very precisely in the box, but then it has the same dimensions as a 1911, which the box is more or less built around.

I was going to predict that the IDPA box was made for the 1911 but I refrained! I remember when IDPA started as an alternative to USPSA/IPSC. Started USPSA in 1986. Only started in IDPA recently as my local range does not offer USPSA but does offer IDPA.

Trooper224
01-02-2016, 03:25 AM
Tell me what you KNOW, not what you don't know.

Every time you post on law enforcement matters you should follow your own advice.

cclaxton
01-02-2016, 07:11 PM
To my knowledge only one person was affected by the stippling issue and he was given a DNF, not a DQ. Please see the rules clarification issued recently.
Cody

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Edwin
01-02-2016, 07:35 PM
Still a bullshit call. The P320 frame is easily replaceable part so why can't it be stippled? (That's a rhetorical question).

PPGMD
01-02-2016, 07:50 PM
To my knowledge only one person was affected by the stippling issue and he was given a DNF, not a DQ. Please see the rules clarification issued recently.

Still a bullshit call. The P320 frame is easily replaceable part so why can't it be stippled? (That's a rhetorical question).

Oh he was given a DNF that is good, it isn't like his match was ruined of anything.

Both the rules clarification, and the DNF/DQ were BS calls. The grip module of the 320 was designed specifically to be readily replaceable and any other definition of that is the usual IDPA pandering to their sponsors. Heck the grip modules are cheaper than most after market grips on metal framed guns.