PDA

View Full Version : glock 42 changes (12/2015)

jh9
12-26-2015, 08:01 AM
Is there a definitive list of changes for this out there? Lots of old posts elsewhere make tracking down current information difficult.

All my magazines are 01 or 02 marked. Is there an 03 version out now?

Any known changes to the barrel or slide assembly? I know there were mould marks added to the frame, but IIRC that hasn't actually changed significantly?

Anything else?

jh9
01-08-2016, 02:57 PM
Bumping this. I started the thread because my G42 was having issues feeding hollowpoints even with the latest (02) revision magazine. I found this post (http://www.glocktalk.com/threads/update-on-my-repaired-glock-42-with-pictures.1556758/page-5) by Jack Weigand on glocktalk discussing his experience with the 42. The stock barrel had, for lack of a better term, what looked like m4 feed ramps between the ramp and the chamber. Which means there was a hump in the middle of the transition between ramp/chamber. (Sidenote: didn't the early S&W 39s have this too?) Never saw this before on a Glock, but then I never looked either. AFAIK none of the regular Glocks have this.

The gun was 100% with ball and original magazines (no revision number). JHP didn't work. Tried Gold Dots and Hornady FTX both. Tried 01 and 02 magazines.

I had a local gunsmith with a good rep look at it and forwarded Weigand's post. He corrected the ramp/chamber issue. Took it to the range with no lube and full of pocket lint and put a box of Gold Dots and some JFP through it with no issues. Before it couldn't get through a magazine of Gold Dots and I had 1 FTF with the box of Hornady. Chambering with the slide release is also noticeably smoother.

In any event. If anyone has a 42 and has trouble with feeding hope this helps. There's clearly a barrel/ramp geometry issue. Some guns I guess work in spite of it while some don't. If yours doesn't, the apparent fix is quick and cheap.

JHC
01-08-2016, 03:11 PM
Good info. I'll have to take a look at our 42 and see if it shows what you describe. It's fed marvelously but I've fed it nothing but FMJ because I don't trust any .380 JHP to penetrate plenty and then some. I just took delivery of some Lehigh penetrator ammo, MAC (of video fame) says they feed but one never knows.

LtDave
01-08-2016, 07:57 PM
I have a really early G42 and sent it back to Glock for updates a month or two ago. It was good with some ammo, not so good with others. I think the new mags that came back were "3". Seems to work fine now. Turnaround was about 10 days.