PDA

View Full Version : Exposed turrets on a 1-4 Variable ?

HCM
12-26-2015, 05:01 AM
Santa was good to me in the form of a Vortex Viper PST 1-4. I love the glass and the segmented circle reticle and I'm ok with MOA vs MRAD. The only thing which gives me pause is it has the "tactical turrets" i.e. It has large exposed, target type turrets but it's what the LGS had on the shelf.

I don't see the need for dialing dope on a 1-4 LPV and I'm worried about them getting bumped. Vortex offers the same scope with capped turrets.

Does anyone have experience with vortex exposed turrets on an AR ? Are the adjustments getting bumped a legitimate concern ?

Thanks

Unobtanium
12-26-2015, 05:24 AM
Santa was good to me in the form of a Vortex Viper PST 1-4. I love the glass and the segmented circle reticle and I'm ok with MOA vs MRAD. The only thing which gives me pause is it has the "tactical turrets" i.e. It has large exposed, target type turrets but it's what the LGS had on the shelf.

I don't see the need for dialing dope on a 1-4 LPV and I'm worried about them getting bumped. Vortex offers the same scope with capped turrets.

Does anyone have experience with vortex exposed turrets on an AR ? Are the adjustments getting bumped a legitimate concern ?

Thanks
Ask Vortex, as well. They are very responsive on Facebook, and seem to be pretty candid in their responses when I've asked them things.

babypanther
12-26-2015, 08:41 AM
I had a PST on mine. I never noticed them being bumped off of zero, but it was one of the things that made me want to save up and buy the Viper 1-6.

Paul D
12-26-2015, 09:38 AM
I have the same Vortex. I set the zero stop to a 100 yd zero and so can just crank it down to the zero if I have any doubts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk