PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Combat Beretta 92G compact

Paladin
12-22-2015, 10:50 PM
“In my opinion, the 92G Compact Carry is the ultimate Beretta 92 concealed carry gun and I am pleased we were able to bring this exciting model to the marketplace. This selected combination of sought after custom features and the legendary reliability of the 92 platform will ensure that our version of this classic gun will be a top choice for all-around defensive use” -Bill Wilson, President of Wilson Combat.

I can't wait to get mine, what say ye the fine memebers of PF.

Rick

Beat Trash
12-22-2015, 11:14 PM
I really wish they would have put a dovetailed front sight on this gun.

Willard
12-23-2015, 01:10 AM

Deal killer for me. One more reason to hold out for what Langdon comes up with IMHO.

PD Sgt.
12-23-2015, 01:14 AM

I was really interested in this pistol until I saw that as well. Now near zero interest.

I do love my Brig Tac though, I was hoping this would turn out to be a compact size equivalent.

lenso1
12-23-2015, 02:20 AM
I have a railed 92 compact I was going to send to Wilson for some work but I would much prefer this smooth frame version. Looks like I'll be ordering one come the first of the year.

RJ
12-23-2015, 11:14 AM
FYI, this is already being discussed in the existing Beretta 92 FS Compact (and general Beretta love lately) (https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?t=7408) thread.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?t=7408

Ah, thanks; I will head over there. I stumbled across a vid of an M9A3...then I saw this thread and was intrigued...

Paladin
12-23-2015, 12:18 PM
The first batch is sold out and the 2nd batch should be about 2-4 weeks out. This one will be limited to 2000 guns so if you want one you should get added to the list promptly. I added the action job and picked my serial number and can't wait.
Rick

Totem Polar
12-23-2015, 03:18 PM
Front sight was a surprise, but I think it looks totally killer, overall. Launched just in time for the upcoming NSW G19 craze...

;)

I love it though, minus the FS choice.

Paladin
12-23-2015, 04:36 PM
I talked to my contact at Wilson and they told me the metal is to thin in that area to cut a dovetail so that's why they didn't but you can send it back to them to have the front sight drilled out for fiber optic rod.
Rick

BILLG
12-24-2015, 12:53 PM
I like my Brig Tac and my other Berettas but this one is not on my list.I have a Sig M11 A1 that I like way better than this.M11 comes with dovetail frt sight,night sights and 3 15 round mags and can be bought cheaper.

Jeep
12-24-2015, 02:25 PM
I do love my Brig Tac though, I was hoping this would turn out to be a compact size equivalent.

I got a Brig Tac with an action job and that pistol has really grown on me. The double action pull is so good that I almost wish it was DAO. Anyway, I'm thinking of setting up a small shrine to Bill Wilson and Wilson Combat, because I think they are the some of the most forward-thinking people in the world of guns,

Paladin
12-24-2015, 02:37 PM
Hearing that from you Jeep is going to make the wait even harder for my new compact because I got the action job also and I agree about Bill and crew I am carrying my Wilson 1911 tactical today it is by far the nicest gun I own and completely reliable so far.
Rick

Jeep
12-25-2015, 09:38 PM
Hearing that from you Jeep is going to make the wait even harder for my new compact because I got the action job also and I agree about Bill and crew I am carrying my Wilson 1911 tactical today it is by far the nicest gun I own and completely reliable so far.
Rick

I've put around 3000 rounds through the Brig Tac and that lightened the trigger even more than it was. Right now, it has a SA pull of around 3.5 pounds, and a DA pull that is just over 6. More importantly, the DA pull is very smooth. I find Beretta 92s to stack, especially shortly before the end of the pull. This has only the very slightest feel of stacking--so slight that it doesn't show up on the pull gauge. In other words, it feels a lot like a good, broken-in S&W revolver..

I suppose that if I were an outstanding shot none of that might matter, but I'm only average and a good trigger pull helps me materially.

My guess is that you are going to really like that pistol once it comes in.

Paladin
12-27-2015, 11:56 AM
Jeep do you know what weight hammer spring you have in your gun the 16# in the compact seems kinda heavy I'm hoping I can drop that to a 14#.
Rick

Jeep
12-28-2015, 02:06 PM
Jeep do you know what weight hammer spring you have in your gun the 16# in the compact seems kinda heavy I'm hoping I can drop that to a 14#.
Rick

I'm not sure, but the advice I got from a Beretta rep on this board is that a 14# spring should work fine and not have any light strike problems. So, I'd try the 14# spring if it still seems heavy when you get it back.

Clobbersaurus
12-28-2015, 06:21 PM
I've had good success with a 13# through my Turkish clone, no light strikes at all. Aprox 1500 rounds through the gun.

JSGlock34
12-28-2015, 08:21 PM
Funny that we're discussing spring weights today; I had two light strikes with a 13# spring in my Brigadier Tactical today (ammo was Blazer Brass). I'm going to try the 14# and see if that straightens things out.

stimpee
12-28-2015, 08:39 PM
Funny that we're discussing spring weights today; I had two light strikes with a 13# spring in my Brigadier Tactical today (ammo was Blazer Brass). I'm going to try the 14# and see if that straightens things out.

How many rounds thru the gun?

We have found that with the lighter hammer springs, the gun can be much more sensitive to "schmutz" buildup in the firing pin channel and may require more substantial cleaning than normal. This is shown via evidence from doing firing pin indent tests on SAAMI spec copper crushers before/after a thorough detail strip and cleaning.

However should be probably 3500-5000 rounds before you would ever see this, depending on the ammo you are using. Some ammo, even decent quality stuff, can burn kind of dirty and gum things up.

JSGlock34
12-28-2015, 08:43 PM
The pistol is in the 5,000 round range, but it was detail stripped and refinished relatively recently. Thanks for the advice though - I'll take a close look at the firing pin channel.

JSGlock34
12-28-2015, 09:20 PM
So further to my last post, I pulled out the 13# spring from my Brig Tac. I compared it to the chrome silicon springs that had accompanied my Wilson Ultimate Action Tune Kit and noticed that the 13# I had been using was noticeably shorter than the various Wilson springs. I think I had been using a Wolff spring that I had acquired before the Wilson chrome silicon springs were available. I'm going to give the 13# Wilson CS spring a try and see if that helps.

I also checked out the firing pin channel - looked ok.

Clobbersaurus
12-28-2015, 09:56 PM

Interesting, I wonder if the hammer has anything to do with it? My Turkish clone has a regular hammer, not the Elite hammer.

WilsonCombatRep
12-29-2015, 06:40 PM
If you want the gun to always go bang use a 14#. If you want to go lighter, some guns will require the enhanced Action bar modified for longest hammer arc. We have some guns that run a 12# with that setup and bust all domestic primers.

GJM
12-29-2015, 06:51 PM
Looking forward to receiving mine from WC, with the skookum trigger bar and trigger job, dehorning and refinish later this week.

Sal Picante
12-29-2015, 07:02 PM
Looking forward to receiving mine from WC, with the skookum trigger bar and trigger job, dehorning and refinish later this week.

I asked for "Bucket" - GJM you better not have given me bad intel!

Paladin
12-29-2015, 07:07 PM
Wilson Commbat Rep I ordered mine with action job so what weight hammer spring will it come with? Also what is the expected double action trigger pull weight with the action job?
Rick

GJM
12-29-2015, 07:31 PM
Bucket be the man!

JSGlock34
12-29-2015, 08:27 PM
The trigger bar is a must.

GJM
12-29-2015, 08:32 PM
The difference between the OEM and WC trigger bar is night in day in feel, and I understand, in durability of the trigger job.

Paladin
12-29-2015, 11:02 PM
So I can gain clarification does the trigger job include the bucket-Skookum- AKA trigger bar or do I have to request that extra?:rolleyes:
Rick

Sal Picante
12-29-2015, 11:06 PM
Wilson Commbat Rep I ordered mine with action job so what weight hammer spring will it come with? Also what is the expected double action trigger pull weight with the action job?
Rick

I think it depends on the type of trigger work you have done... I've got a "carry trigger" job on a compact that is a nice 6 1/2 DA and a crisp 4# SA.

I know they can go lighter, but I need a 3.5 limit for Bianchi.

The trigger feel is GREATLY improved.

Paladin
12-29-2015, 11:18 PM
Oh wow 6.5 on the double action would be amazing, thanks for the info Les Pepperoni any idea if they can get the DA any lighter not that 6.5 isn't great just wondering, 3.5 to 4 is fine for the SA.
Rick

GJM
12-29-2015, 11:39 PM
So I can gain clarification does the trigger job include the bucket-Skookum- AKA trigger bar or do I have to request that extra?:rolleyes:
Rick

Not sure, so I would specify it.

WilsonCombatRep
12-30-2015, 08:28 AM
Rick

The Trigger bar is extra but due to Federal Excise Tax regulations we can't use that on a gun unless you buy the gun and send it back to us for the work. Sounds stupid, I know....

Edwin
12-30-2015, 03:08 PM
My Brig Tac and trigger bar/job came with a 13 lb spring. Lights off everything. The 12 lb spring doesn't (as advertised). I've run Magtech, S&B, CCI and Winchester through my 13lb spring without issue.

Paladin
12-30-2015, 04:19 PM
So Edwin have you tested to see what the DA pull weight is with 13lb spring in it is? I think that is the set up I'm looking for and thanks to everyone for all the input.
Rick

Edwin
12-30-2015, 04:27 PM
It's been a bit but I think it was 8 DA and 4 SA give or take a few ounces. I'll have to buy a trigger pull gauge.

rauchman
12-31-2015, 01:07 PM
I think it depends on the type of trigger work you have done... I've got a "carry trigger" job on a compact that is a nice 6 1/2 DA and a crisp 4# SA.

I know they can go lighter, but I need a 3.5 limit for Bianchi.

The trigger feel is GREATLY improved.

Wow, this seems much lighter than I would have expected for DA pull. Any issues with light strikes?

JSGlock34
01-02-2016, 06:41 PM

So further to my last post, I pulled out the 13# spring from my Brig Tac. I compared it to the chrome silicon springs that had accompanied my Wilson Ultimate Action Tune Kit and noticed that the 13# I had been using was noticeably shorter than the various Wilson springs. I think I had been using a Wolff spring that I had acquired before the Wilson chrome silicon springs were available. I'm going to give the 13# Wilson CS spring a try and see if that helps.

Today I went out to the range with the 13# Wilson CS spring installed in my Brigadier Tactical (which has the Wilson trigger bar fitted). I fired 208 rounds of Blazer Brass 124 grain, followed by 55 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 124 grain +P. No issues to report over the 263 rounds.

Sal Picante
01-02-2016, 08:08 PM
Wow, this seems much lighter than I would have expected for DA pull. Any issues with light strikes?

Sorry - been away recovering from the aftermath of the holidays.

Not in either mode - my reloads are CCI primers, my carry load are Std Vel. Fed HST 124's...

Paladin
01-12-2016, 04:08 PM
Hey JSGLOCK34 how's the Brig Tac running with 13 pound spring?
Rick

JSGlock34
01-12-2016, 08:52 PM
Rick

No updates since my last post, but I hope to get out the range this weekend for another session with the Brig Tac.

CrazyHorse5.0
01-14-2016, 10:17 AM
I was surprised they didn't equip the Compact Carry with NS....that makes it a no-go for me.

Still, it's another great 92 variant from WC and I'm thankful for all their parts, accessories and efforts for the 92 platform. They definitely have provided a well needed kickstart for Beretta.

Paladin
01-14-2016, 12:29 PM
I was really disappointed about the night sight Issue also but I contacted Tool Tech and for 95 bucks they can install a tritium tube.
So I wouldn't let that keep me from getting a pretty awesome little gun I can't wait for mine, of course just my opinion.
Rick

JSGlock34
01-30-2016, 08:39 PM
Rick

So the snowpocalypse delayed my range plans, but managed to get out for a brief session today. Another 199 rounds (almost entirely Blazer Brass) without issue. So that's 462 problem free rounds since going to the Wilson CS 13# spring.

VolGrad
06-04-2016, 09:31 PM
I tried reading through the 165 page thread on Beretta love to pick out discussion of JUST this model but it was tough so I'm reviving this one.

The only Beretta I have ever owned is a PX4 Storm and it wasn't impressive. However, that was a long time ago before I was serous about shooting and it was a full size in .40. I handled one of these Wilsons recently and it was NICE. My real quest lately has been one really nice BBQ gun that shoots like a dream and is nice and heavy in the hand. I tried to quench that with more 1911s but was disappointed. Classic Sig P series always appeal to me except I hate the triggers. This one had a nice DA/SA trigger.

I have a buddy that has one of these still unfired and he has agreed to sell it if I want it. I fear if I buy it and am not overwhelmed with DA/SA love I will be stuck with a high dollar gun that's difficult to flip. I don't intend to make this a carry gun. I will stick to my tried and true and very familiar GLOCKs. I simple want a good old fashioned heavy metal pistol that feels good in the hand and shoots like a dream. Is this the one?

I don't have much experience with DA/SA so this will be a sort of experiment for me.

Luke
06-04-2016, 09:46 PM
I simply want a good ole fashioned heavy metal pistol that feels good in the hand and shoots like a dream

The answer is in the question my son.

VolGrad
06-04-2016, 09:47 PM
The answer is in the question my son.

I love that you changed the OLD to OLE. That's a Southern thing. Most won't even notice it. :cool:

Matt O
06-04-2016, 09:53 PM
Coming from CZ's and other TDA pistols where you have to replace parts and do a lot of specific polishing to get a good trigger, the beauty of the Beretta is, it's good out of the box and straight up sexy after a bit o' dry fire.

Luke
06-04-2016, 09:57 PM
I love that you changed the OLD to OLE. That's a Southern thing. Most won't even notice it. :cool:

Lol I didn't even notice I changed it. Been in Alabama my whole life, guess it's been programmed deep.

breakingtime91
06-04-2016, 09:57 PM
Do it! I have been messing around with a new to me 92a1 all day... Good a bunch of Wilson goodness on/in it.

LockedBreech
06-04-2016, 11:08 PM
I tried reading through the 165 page thread on Beretta love to pick out discussion of JUST this model but it was tough so I'm reviving this one.

The only Beretta I have ever owned is a PX4 Storm and it wasn't impressive. However, that was a long time ago before I was serous about shooting and it was a full size in .40. I handled one of these Wilsons recently and it was NICE. My real quest lately has been one really nice BBQ gun that shoots like a dream and is nice and heavy in the hand. I tried to quench that with more 1911s but was disappointed. Classic Sig P series always appeal to me except I hate the triggers. This one had a nice DA/SA trigger.

I have a buddy that has one of these still unfired and he has agreed to sell it if I want it. I fear if I buy it and am not overwhelmed with DA/SA love I will be stuck with a high dollar gun that's difficult to flip. I don't intend to make this a carry gun. I will stick to my tried and true and very familiar GLOCKs. I simple want a good old fashioned heavy metal pistol that feels good in the hand and shoots like a dream. Is this the one?

I don't have much experience with DA/SA so this will be a sort of experiment for me.

My first-ever gun was a PX4 .40 - I still own it and I actually have had a good experience with it (~7,000 rounds with no issues).

That said, I also have a 92FS with a Wilson guide rod and checkered Alumagrips and it's in an entirely different class of pistol in my opinion. Even owning multiple P-series Sigs, Glocks, and an HK, nothing touches the "rightness" of the 92 in my hand. Give it a shot.

texag
06-05-2016, 06:49 AM

For a non carry gun I don't know that I would do it, but I don't know the price your buddy is giving you.

I purchased one a few weeks ago and love it. I knew I wanted a compact 92 and I knew the features I wanted. The wilson is a good deal compared to getting a railed compact (the only ones I could find anywhere where inox, so more $$ for a feature I don't need) and doing a g conversion and adding other parts. If I was getting a full size I'd be hard pressed not to buy a used 92a1 and order some wilson stuff for it.

VolGrad
06-05-2016, 08:06 AM
The price isn't really a "deal" unless I can talk him down some. When I was selling the Lipsey's 9mm SA he offered me the Wilson plus some cash for the SA. I declined and paid me cash. I haven't stopped thinking about the Wilson since.

I just really love a heavy steel gun. I have owned dozens and dozens of Sigs over the years and half that many 1911s. I love a 1911 but I don't want to go down that road again. If I do that again it will be buying another Wilson in .45acp (have owned two and wish I had the last one back). I just don't want to deal with another caliber again and another low cap gun in the event I do ever decide to carry it or make it a house gun.