PDA

View Full Version : Surefire Warden

Lon
12-21-2015, 11:37 PM
Any one have first hand experience with one? It looks like it's essentially a removable PIG brake.

http://www.surefire.com/warden.html

JodyH
12-22-2015, 08:13 AM
Looks like it'd be a good thing when using a SBR in competitions that don't allow suppressors. That way you wouldn't have to swap around buffers to account for different back pressure between suppressed and unsuppressed. Might get one for my 10" SBR that gets finicky when unsuppressed.
I wonder how much the POI changes versus a SF mini suppressor.

Hauptmann
12-23-2015, 07:03 AM
I'd be interested to know just how well this reduces blast to the shooter. Not that I make a habit of shooting without ear protection, but I don't wear any when hunting.

JodyH
12-23-2015, 08:43 AM
Dude... buy some electronic muffs or 3M electronic plugs for hunting, they magnify the game sounds and shut out the rifle sounds. Save your hearing.

If it's anything like the Noveske Pig the blast will be just as loud but takes on a deeper tone to the shooter.
To my ears it's more like the deep boom of a shotgun instead of the crack of a rifle.
Downrange is a whole other story and it's still obnoxious as hell, especially on a 10" 5.56 SBR.

StraitR
12-23-2015, 01:13 PM
One of my buddies has a 14.5 barrel with pinned on SF brake, but is still waiting on his can. He's an industry professional, so he's getting a sick deal through SF, but has been waiting on it for almost a year now. Anyway, we've basically berated him non-stop about the horrible concussive blast from his brake to the point that he bought the Warden (also ridiculously cheap). It definitely mitigates the blast, but does basically nothing for sound, obviously.

Lon
12-23-2015, 01:24 PM
It definitely mitigates the blast, but does basically nothing for sound, obviously.

And this is what I was looking at it for. I was thinking about getting one to try with our 11 1/2 inch bravo Company rifles at work.

StraitR
12-23-2015, 03:10 PM
And this is what I was looking at it for. I was thinking about getting one to try with our 11 1/2 inch bravo Company rifles at work.

Should be even more effective on the 11.5 uppers. I think you'll really like it, and your friends/teammates will like it even more.