PDA

View Full Version : Tampa FL Area: Shoot your P2000 LEM V2 9mm?

RJ
12-21-2015, 08:38 PM
I'm in the market for a new CCW, and I am specifically interested in the HK P2000 LEM V2 pistol in 9mm. It seems to be in a good spot of size, reliability, accuracy, and magazine compatibility with my VP9. Plus a hammer.

The problem is, trying to find a LGS who has one to rent. I've had no luck. If you own one, and would not mind me shooting a magazine or two out of it, please let me know, so we can work something out.

We could meet at my local outdoor range (Wyoming Antelope Club) and I'd pay your guest fee, or I could travel to your home range. I'd supply ammo (Blazer 115) or buy yours. I could also bring my VP9 if you wanted to try that.

My schedule is pretty flexible. I'm caught up with family travel until after the holidays, but January would work well for me.

Thanks a bunch.

Rich

RoyGBiv
12-21-2015, 10:11 PM
If your holiday travel takes you to DFW, you're welcome to shoot my SK LEM V2.

RJ
12-21-2015, 10:13 PM
Much obliged...^^^. I met up with a guy who had his 'lite' SK...besides the trigger, the gun was a wee bit small for me...

But thanks!

We may be in TX in the Spring; Mrs. is working on our route for the RV which may start of the Gulf Coast of Texas.

David S.
12-22-2015, 09:30 AM
I bet you could talk Nyeti (or someone) into bringing one to the Tactical Conference.

RJ
12-22-2015, 09:34 AM
I bet you could talk Nyeti (or someone) into bringing one to the Tactical Conference.

Shoot! That is a great idea...I might just do that. :cool: Thanks.

RoyGBiv
12-22-2015, 10:04 AM
Much obliged...^^^. I met up with a guy who had his 'lite' SK...besides the trigger, the gun was a wee bit small for me...

But thanks!

We may be in TX in the Spring; Mrs. is working on our route for the RV which may start of the Gulf Coast of Texas.

Very welcome. Figured it was the trigger you wanted to finger, less so the frame size.
I have XL hands and like the SK. My buddy had XXXL hands and hits the slide release preventing the slide from locking back on the last round, frequently. Never had that problem myself.

FWIW.. I moved from P2KSK in .40 V3 (DA/SA) to P2KSK 9mm LEM V2 recently. So far I'm liking the change.

Hoping to convince MrsGBiv to do the RV thing once the kids are off to college... Much resistance. :rolleyes:

RJ
12-22-2015, 10:27 AM
Hoping to convince MrsGBiv to do the RV thing once the kids are off to college... Much resistance. :rolleyes:

Mine is in second year at UCF in Orlando...and I retired this year. We did 2 years with a Class B Sprinter Roadtrek. Had a blast this summer; got out as far as Astoria OR in our 2 and 1/2 months on the road.

We decided the RT was a little small...so we bought a 27' Airstream travel trailer and are fitting it out in prep for getting back on the road in the Spring. It really is a lot of fun. :cool:

Chuck Whitlock
12-22-2015, 11:27 AM

If you wind up in Corpus Christi, I'd be happy to let you try out my Sig P250c...basically a hammer-fired, DAO trigger P320, and uses the same grip modules.

Not sure if that's even close to what you're looking for, but if you'll be in the area, it would be pleasant to meet up.

Cecil Burch
12-22-2015, 11:54 AM

I will have mine at the conference. You are welcome to wring it out.

RJ
12-22-2015, 01:53 PM
I will have mine at the conference. You are welcome to wring it out.

Awesome! Ty sir. Much obliged. I am grappling-challenged, but your session Friday morning is on my list. :cool:

There is so much cool stuff at Tac-Con '16 that it is really hard to decide what to miss.

RJ
12-22-2015, 01:56 PM
If you wind up in Corpus Christi, I'd be happy to let you try out my Sig P250c...basically a hammer-fired, DAO trigger P320, and uses the same grip modules.

Not sure if that's even close to what you're looking for, but if you'll be in the area, it would be pleasant to meet up.

Hi Chuck, likewise. In fact Corpus Christi is on our list of places for next year. Definitely will bear that in mind.

We loved our previous visit to TX, albeit we just scratched the surface. Mostly we hit San Antonio, which was a bucket list destination for me. Looking forward to getting back there.

Chuck Whitlock
12-23-2015, 02:13 PM
Looking forward to it.