PDA

View Full Version : Raven Concealment VG3 light bearing holster

Crusader8207
12-19-2015, 04:31 PM
Just got an email from Raven Concealment for their new light bearing VG3 holster. I have always been a fan of the VG2 for the Glock and made my own for the VP9. This looks like it will work with multiple pistols that have a Surefire X300U A/B.

http://raven-concealment-systems1.mybigcommerce.com/vanguard-3-light-compatible-holster/

Kirk
12-19-2015, 05:11 PM
Awesome! Any idea if it works with their claw? I doubt it does, but it'd be great if it did

voodoo_man
12-19-2015, 05:51 PM
I like the idea and concept except that there is a huge hole around the trigger area which is going to sit around where t-shirts are tucked and that's just a game I don't want to play...

ASH556
12-28-2015, 11:08 AM
I wonder if they paid off the Armordillo Concealment folks. I have had an X-fer for a couple years and found it to be decent.

JodyH
12-28-2015, 11:11 AM
I wonder if they paid off the Armordillo Concealment folks. I have had an X-fer for a couple years and found it to be decent.
Word is Raven showed one of these off 3 or 4 years ago and Armordillo "stole" the idea and beat them to market.

orionz06
12-28-2015, 11:37 AM
I like the idea and concept except that there is a huge hole around the trigger area which is going to sit around where t-shirts are tucked and that's just a game I don't want to play...

I believe their use and reholster is to follow the VG2 procedure negating most concerns.

Erick Gelhaus
12-28-2015, 01:33 PM

Fwiw, my understanding of this is the same as JodyH's. Recurrent theme for the last few years. While I have been using the XFer daily for over two years now, the tuck capability of the VG3 may get me to switch.

As for re-holstering, which currently involves a G19, I do not even try to return the pistol to the holster in my trousers. I pop the snap, remove the holster & then re-holster the pistol before returning both to my trousers.

EVP
01-29-2016, 10:25 PM
Just wanted to bump this thread and see if anyone has any further experience with these.

I am thinking about picking one of these up to play with but like vodoo mentioned, I am not really feeling that large opening by the trigger guard even with reholstering like you are supposed to with the vanguards.

JodyH
01-30-2016, 08:54 AM
I have one as a "universal" holster.
I've carried my P2000 w/X300U in it for short stretches (dog walking in the pasture at night) and it works but isn't the most comfortable or concealable holster out there.

JR1572
01-30-2016, 10:50 AM
I'm waiting for them to release one for a TLR-1.

JR1572

xmanhockey7
02-01-2016, 12:49 AM
Picked one up today. I keep an X300 on a G22 as an extra house gun. Wanted something to cover the trigger guard. I thought it'd work and I kind of does, but not that well. I threw my X300U from my rifle on it and I'm kind of liking it. Put it on appendix and I found it reasonably comfortable. Only thing I don't really like is the fact it doesn't have the best trigger guard coverage. Granted I wasn't expected to like this holster for carry. The VGII isn't for me. I've found anything longer than a G19 to be uncomfortable for appendix carry. This seems a little different though. I plan to carry it at least for a little while.