PDA

View Full Version : Glock dot connector

Spr1
10-01-2011, 06:46 AM
Anyone tried one in a gen 3?

JonInWA
10-01-2011, 07:53 AM
Yes-through some friends in Glock, I've been provided 2 of the "dot"/#5 connectors, and am running them in my Gen 3 G21 and Gen 3 G19. The G21 has the current triggerbar (obtained in 2006 during the LAPD G21 light strike furor) and the G19 has the Gen 3.5 triggerbar, characterized by the dogleg trailing piece with a shallow trough/channel for the coil triggerspring attachment point. Concurrently with installing the new connectors, I also replaced the trigger housing mechanism and the coil trigger spring on both guns.

With the G21, I've noticed only a slightly improved triggerpull, in that the triggerpull is marginally lighter. Hey, it's an improvement, so it'll remain in the gun for the forseeable future. It's with the G19 with the new triggerbar that I've achieved the most interesting results. With the previous "standard" connector, the Gen 3.5 triggerbar had yielded a very crisp, but somewhat heavy triggerpull-I'd estimate it being around 6-6.5 lbs. With the "dot" connector, the triggerpull retains its crispness, but is noticably lighter-I'd estimate it at around 5 lbs, or perhabs even between 4.5-5 lbs. In other words, it yields a triggerpull between that of the "minus" 4.5 lb connector and the 5.5 lb "standard" connector. I'm impressed.

While the "dot" connectors are currently very hard to get, with Glock reps being provided them in small batches, in time their availability for aftermarket use will increase. Currently, my understanding is that they're being used in all Gen4 current production guns as the standard conector, where they'll provide roughly a 5.5 lb triggerpull-the same as the "standard" connector in previous generation Glocks; it's a work-around for the heavier triggerpull that the Gen4 guns were noted for with the "standard" connector, apparently due to their internal re-architecting.

Best, Jon

Spr1
10-01-2011, 09:25 AM
thanks.

3-7-77
10-01-2011, 03:34 PM
I bought 7 of them at www.glockparts.com. They're out of stock now...partly due to me I'm sure. They allow you to pay for your order and then they just ship when they come in.

JV_
10-01-2011, 03:40 PM
I tried one today, and I'm glad I didn't buy one. I'll stick with the 4.5# OEM or Ghost connectors. It didn't feel a lot different than a standard connector.

JHC
10-01-2011, 09:16 PM
I have dot connectors in a Gen 3 19 and Gen 3 26 (as well as in a Gen 4 G19) and I like them a lot. I'm not the most perceptive measure of trigger subtley but Todd's original description of a smoother rolling break - I'm almost sure I perceive also.

Long tom coffin
10-01-2011, 11:02 PM
I bought 7 of them at www.glockparts.com. They're out of stock now...partly due to me I'm sure. They allow you to pay for your order and then they just ship when they come in.

It's not just you; Dave usually has them in stock for 3-4 days before he completely sells out of them.

Long tom coffin
10-01-2011, 11:03 PM
I tried one today, and I'm glad I didn't buy one. I'll stick with the 4.5# OEM or Ghost connectors. It didn't feel a lot different than a standard connector.

In a gen 3 or Gen 4. I haven't tried any in a Gen 3 yet, because I'm too happy with the 3.5 and NY1, but in the gen 4 I noticed a dramatic difference.

Anjin-san
10-06-2011, 11:39 AM
My Gen4 G26 purchased NIB in mid May of this year did not come with a dot connector. I called Glock and they sent me one free of charge.

JV_
10-06-2011, 11:41 AM
In a gen 3 or Gen 4.3

Super J
10-07-2011, 11:28 PM
I got two dot connectors and just finished installing them in my gen 4 17 and my gen 3 26. If all goes well, I should be able to squeeze in sone trigger time at the range tomorrow.