PDA

View Full Version : LASD Lynwood shooting

Lon
12-14-2015, 12:49 PM
http://www.latimes.com/local/crime/la-me-sheriff-shooting-20151214-story.html

Looks good to me. Perfectly justifiable. We'll see where it goes from here.....

DocGKR
12-14-2015, 02:13 PM
Let me see if I understand this case. The suspect illegally brandished a weapon in public, he illegally fired the weapon in public, he illegally refused multiple commands to drop the weapon--even after being shot and falling to the ground the suspect refused to drop weapon as lawfully ordered by the deputies. Seems the suspect's dangerous criminal actions forced the officers to lawfully fire their weapons until the suspect no longer posed a threat to public safety. Am I missing something here?

LSP972
12-14-2015, 02:42 PM
Am I missing something here?

Yup. Primarily, he is entitled, therefore automatically innocent- "Dint do nuttin'!"

Secondly, he was crawling AWAY from the cops, therefore they simply murdered him.

Five bucks says that's how "they" will spin it…

hufnagel
12-14-2015, 02:51 PM
#BlackLivesMatter

all other arguements are invalid and you're a racist.

/sarcasm

Lon
12-14-2015, 03:09 PM
Doc, you understand correctly.

One of the news blurbs I watched had a real genius on their. He was upset because the police "over killed" him. His words, not mine.

I watched the LASD news conference and I kept hoping the Chief would just lay it out there and say "he did blah, blah, blah and my Deputies had no other option but to use deadly force to protect the public. And they were completely justified in shooting him in the back while he was down since he still had the pistol in his hand and continued to move away from the Deputies and still posed a threat to others". Never happened.

Guess I'll have to keep hoping.

TR675
12-14-2015, 03:13 PM
Too many bullets. Police need to use only enough bullets to do the job.

I don't think they even tried to shoot the gun out of his hand first.

HCM
12-14-2015, 04:25 PM
Gun in hand = Gun in use. The video and witnesses confirmed the suspect continued to hold onto the gun even when down and crawling.

Beat Trash
12-14-2015, 05:06 PM
Let me see if I understand this case. The suspect illegally brandished a weapon in public, he illegally fired the weapon in public, he illegally refused multiple commands to drop the weapon--even after being shot and falling to the ground the suspect refused to drop weapon as lawfully ordered by the deputies. Seems the suspect's dangerous criminal actions forced the officers to lawfully fire their weapons until the suspect no longer posed a threat to public safety. Am I missing something here?

No, you pretty much covered it all.

But someone, somewhere, will go on and on about how the suspect was in the process of turning his life around and the force used was excessive.

psalms144.1
12-14-2015, 09:11 PM
No, you pretty much covered it all.

But someone, somewhere, will go on and on about how the suspect was in the process of turning his life around and the force used was excessive.One of the smartest people I've ever met was the first SEAL 4-Star, and first SEAL to command USSOCOM. I'll never forget the first SOF Industry Conference I went to with him, in the Industry forum, he got the inevitable question: "Admiral, what's your #1 technology need in SOCOM?" Everyone expected to hear about long-dwell tactical-level ISR, or better swimmer insertion technology or some such. Without blinking an eye, he responded "We need a gun that kills a target dead for 30 minutes, with no side effects."

His comment spoke to culture - in the areas where fighting was heaviest at the time, any killing by US forces led to a familial blood debt that the current and future generations would have to avenge, or be shamed. The same is true for us in LE now, the culture we're working against (namely the agitators and hate-peddlers) will never be satisfied with any use of force against a citizen.

Phasers set for stun...

stingray
12-14-2015, 09:12 PM
It is SO good to be retired!

voodoo_man
12-14-2015, 09:31 PM
Looked like a good shoot.

People need to figure out that one bullet or 500, if hes still moving around with a weapon there is still a threat.

His overt disregard of the officers commands is tantamount to overt deadly force while holding a weapon.

GardoneVT
12-14-2015, 09:41 PM
His comment spoke to culture - in the areas where fighting was heaviest at the time, any killing by US forces led to a familial blood debt that the current and future generations would have to avenge, or be shamed. The same is true for us in LE now, the culture we're working against (namely the agitators and hate-peddlers) will never be satisfied with any use of force against a citizen.

Phasers set for stun...
I can't speak to overseas culture, but here it wouldn't be viewed any different. Being stunned would be just as much of an insult to an OGs rep as being shot, and in fact they'd probably prefer being shot to 'neutralized'.

Those guys don't care about living or dying, but they care only about what their block/hood/group thinks about them.

As to the #BLM crowd, its not about justice or truth. They view 'law abiding society' as an unfair social imposition on 'the black community'. As such, police/government agencies don't have the authority to act regarding ANY black person as far as they're concerned.

Way those folks see it there's Black America and then theres the rest of the United States.