PDA

View Full Version : Brownells is carrying more HK Parts

SecondsCount
12-11-2015, 09:44 AM
I placed an order today with them today and while I was on their website I noticed that they have a much larger selection of HK parts than they once had.

This may have been mentioned on the forum before but just in case I figured I would bring it up. On the couple of springs I looked up, prices were at least half of hkparts.net. :cool:

Peally
12-11-2015, 09:46 AM
The more competition the better. HK parts are stupid expensive.

psalms144.1
12-11-2015, 12:58 PM
The more competition the better. HK parts are stupid expensive.Honestly, if you HAVEN'T tried getting parts direct from HK USA, you're shorting yourself and spending money you don't need to. The last time I needed parts, I priced them online, then, on the recommendation of another member, called HK directly. In less than 20 hassle free minutes, everything I needed was headed to shipping, and I paid less than 50% of online prices.

My only beef is they won't sell ANY magazines to residents of NY, even for active LE...

Peally
12-11-2015, 01:11 PM
Welp I'm retarded, I never thought of that. I will next time I need something, thanks for the tip ;)

LSP972
12-11-2015, 01:44 PM
HK parts are stupid expensive.

From HKParts.net, they are. Apropos of nothing at all, the owner of that firm and the CEO of HK/USA (the civilian side of the MotherShip over here; I believe HKDefense, which handles military sales/service, has a different chain of command) share the same last name. And its not a coincidence.

But as you have already been informed, prices from HK/USA are quite reasonable. The problem with them is availability. They get parts shipment infrequently and on an irregular basis; basically, whenever the MotherShip gets around to sending them. HKParts.net usually has what you need, when you need it… again, I doubt that is a coincidence, but it explains the usurious prices.

This new information re Brownell's could be the start of a great thing. A few manufacturers, like Beretta, have almost totally abdicated parts sales through Brownell's because they are so huge and so efficient. If HK is doing the same thing, I don't see any downside. When you call HK in Columbus, you had better make the call as soon as they open, because they only have a couple of service techs, at most, working the phones on any given day; and they stay swamped, I was told.

You call Brownell's, somebody answers right away and processes your business expeditiously. I've never had an issue ordering from HK, but sometimes it has taken two weeks to get my stuff, because they couldn't get around to processing my order for a week; not enough bodies on deck.

So, this is good news, I think. As long as we keep in mind that one still needs to call HK in Columbus for technical support/warranty stuff/etc. Brownell's is strictly for parts.

CCT125US
12-11-2015, 01:56 PM
But do they have the extended / .45c mag release? Been waiting on a set for 3 months from Hk USA.

Luke
12-11-2015, 04:36 PM
Honestly, if you HAVEN'T tried getting parts direct from HK USA, you're shorting yourself and spending money you don't need to. The last time I needed parts, I priced them online, then, on the recommendation of another member, called HK directly. In less than 20 hassle free minutes, everything I needed was headed to shipping, and I paid less than 50% of online prices.

My only beef is they won't sell ANY magazines to residents of NY, even for active LE...

Same here. Awesome people and fast shipping. Only used a couple times but always happy.

SecondsCount
12-11-2015, 08:09 PM
But do they have the extended / .45c mag release? Been waiting on a set for 3 months from Hk USA.

It looks like Brownells carries it but currently is out of stock.

SecondsCount
12-11-2015, 08:15 PM

This new information re Brownell's could be the start of a great thing. A few manufacturers, like Beretta, have almost totally abdicated parts sales through Brownell's because they are so huge and so efficient. If HK is doing the same thing, I don't see any downside. When you call HK in Columbus, you had better make the call as soon as they open, because they only have a couple of service techs, at most, working the phones on any given day; and they stay swamped, I was told.

You call Brownell's, somebody answers right away and processes your business expeditiously. I've never had an issue ordering from HK, but sometimes it has taken two weeks to get my stuff, because they couldn't get around to processing my order for a week; not enough bodies on deck.

Right on. Sure, you can call HK and get good info and maybe get the parts a little cheaper.

I liked the fact that brownells.com carried the parts because of the convenience of ordering a couple PMAGs, a gas tube for my AR, and a couple springs for my HK with 4 clicks of a mouse and my credit card. In less than 3 minutes I was back to surfing p-f.com to find out what pistol GJM was shooting this week ;)

psalms144.1
12-12-2015, 08:31 AM
I concur with Brownell's CS and "one stop shop" approach being top shelf. What irks me is the shipping costs - wanted to buy some lube, and a couple of minor parts for Glocks - $16.95 shipping! That was almost as much as the cost of the items "in my cart," and I get the LE/.mil discount...

win_nut
12-12-2015, 09:36 AM
The thing about Brownell's website is their search function is a disaster. I converted my P30 from V2 to V1, I had a hard time finding the springs. I ended getting them from Numrich, in NY of all places. At the time nobody else in the US had the springs and Travis suggest I check with them. Their prices weren't out of line, anyway it's another option.

Alembic
12-12-2015, 11:50 AM
I have ordered many HK parts from Numrich. Good phone CS, relatively fast shipping and easy returns. Nice folks.

SecondsCount
12-12-2015, 06:23 PM
I concur with Brownell's CS and "one stop shop" approach being top shelf. What irks me is the shipping costs - wanted to buy some lube, and a couple of minor parts for Glocks - $16.95 shipping! That was almost as much as the cost of the items "in my cart," and I get the LE/.mil discount...

Interesting. I ordered an AR gas block and tube, 2 P30 mags, 5 Pmags, and a couple P30 springs and total standard shipping was $7.95.

Are you sure you aren't getting them confused with Midway? ;)

psalms144.1
12-12-2015, 10:02 PM
Interesting. I ordered an AR gas block and tube, 2 P30 mags, 5 Pmags, and a couple P30 springs and total standard shipping was $7.95.

Are you sure you aren't getting them confused with Midway? ;)Yup. My problem was I was trying to buy some lube as well as parts, so I was getting hit for the standard "small package" shipping, AND the ORM shipping on the lube...

Since I went there looking for the lube to start with, it didn't make sense to take the lube out of the cart and just buy the "extras" I threw in there.

HCM
12-12-2015, 10:58 PM
Yup. My problem was I was trying to buy some lube as well as parts, so I was getting hit for the standard "small package" shipping, AND the ORM shipping on the lube...

Since I went there looking for the lube to start with, it didn't make sense to take the lube out of the cart and just buy the "extras" I threw in there.
You're not the only one who's had this complaint.

Brownell's now has an Amazon Prime type option - pay $49 and get free shipping on all orders for a year.