PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Uber Driver with Concealed Permit stops mass shooting

cclaxton
12-10-2015, 05:02 PM
Legal Concealed Carrier and Uber driver shoots violent maniac, stops attack, no one injured except maniac. Driver not charged...or fired.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-uber-driver-shoots-gunman-met-0420-20150419-story.html
Cody

45dotACP
12-10-2015, 05:49 PM
Legal Concealed Carrier and Uber driver shoots violent maniac, stops attack, no one injured except maniac. Driver not charged...or fired.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-uber-driver-shoots-gunman-met-0420-20150419-story.html
Cody

Old story, yet I am told it was the reason Uber changed their rules to prohibit CCW...

:mad:

secondstoryguy
12-10-2015, 07:13 PM
Not sure if it's against the rules for Uber but I've stopped several uber drivers where in Texas with CHLs.

45dotACP
12-10-2015, 10:31 PM
Not illegal...just against policy.

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk

TGS
12-10-2015, 10:36 PM
You can't really get "fired" from Uber to begin with, can you?

45dotACP
12-11-2015, 06:41 PM
No clue...perhaps it's like Chipotle or Starbucks and they frown or stroke their hipster beards until you say sorry and denounce your microaggressive second amendment ways?

It's a bit too millenial for this millenial to understand. I drive myself but if I didn't, I'd hire that Uber driver to pick my drunk ass up from a bar any day of the week. Capping a wannabe spree killer gets big tips from me.

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk

voodoo_man
12-11-2015, 07:11 PM
One oxygen thief dispatched.

He did his city a solid, should be given a medal.

The Apprentice
12-11-2015, 08:38 PM
One oxygen thief dispatched.

He did his city a solid, should be given a medal.

True but will never happen. It would be counter preductive for the powers that be. Chicago liberals polaticians won't be happy until the only ones with guns are criminals and their security guards

Rodney Ledbetter
12-14-2015, 10:16 PM
You don't get fired exactly. They ban you from using the Driver app. And since they have your Social Security number it's permanent.
I've been doing it for 3 months now and it's a good way to make ammo money. :)

Mitchell, Esq.
12-14-2015, 11:00 PM
I prefer to think of his actions as that of the racist patriarchy repressing an expression of multiculturalism and personal expression...

But if you want to think of his actions as stopping a mass shooting, you are entitled to your opinion...

Dagga Boy
12-14-2015, 11:31 PM
As you guys know I am a little out of touch with this stuff. So let me get this straight. Strangers get a hold of you through the internet on some thing on your phone and you drive them to wherever they want with a promise of some money at the end. Kind of like giving friends rides for some gas and beer money but with strangers.....and people do this in urban crap holes? I learned a term for this in Texas.....isn't that like hunting at the corn feeder.

MichaelD
12-15-2015, 12:22 AM
Not quite the same, nyeti... Uber drivers put an app on their smartphone which allows riders to summon them, sure. But instead of being paid directly by the passenger, the passenger pays Uber and the driver gets paid by Uber.

Rodney Ledbetter
12-15-2015, 12:51 AM
Coeur d' Alene Idaho is Not an urban crap hole....

Rodney Ledbetter
12-15-2015, 12:55 AM
People are Strange when you're a Stranger

Rodney Ledbetter
12-15-2015, 01:03 AM
Also if Alaska was split in two, Texas would be the 3rd largest state...

Dagga Boy
12-15-2015, 12:11 PM

Reading is a gift. Read my post...I didn't say uber is only in urban crap holes I was questioning the original post and topic in which people are essentially picking up strangers in places like Chicago (that was an urban craphole from a lot of what I saw when I was there) and then surprised about getting criminals in your car or being victimized....which is why I think their non armed policy is amazingly stupid.

Yes, people are strange....which is why I wouldn't let them in my vehicle.......especially un armed.

In reference to hunting on bait....not a Texas is awesome, just an observation that if I was doing this uber thing in south Dallas and carrying a firearm, I think it wouldn't take long before needing to use it.

Coeur d' Alene is the type of place where this kind of thing makes sense.....and its likely all the drivers are armed no matter what the rules say. Doing this unarmed in an urban crap hole does not make sense to me, especially unarmed.

Hope this helps to what I was getting at.

Rodney Ledbetter
12-18-2015, 02:27 AM
10-4, sorry if I misunderstood your post. I can't say publicly if I carry, but I think you know the answer to that question. All of my passengers have been good to go so far.
Most people are just grateful for a safe ride home. That being said I'm still on high alert at all times..

TGS
12-18-2015, 04:47 PM
Reading is a gift. Read my post...I didn't say uber is only in urban crap holes I was questioning the original post and topic in which people are essentially picking up strangers in places like Chicago (that was an urban craphole from a lot of what I saw when I was there) and then surprised about getting criminals in your car or being victimized....which is why I think their non armed policy is amazingly stupid.

Yes, people are strange....which is why I wouldn't let them in my vehicle.......especially un armed.

In reference to hunting on bait....not a Texas is awesome, just an observation that if I was doing this uber thing in south Dallas and carrying a firearm, I think it wouldn't take long before needing to use it.

Coeur d' Alene is the type of place where this kind of thing makes sense.....and its likely all the drivers are armed no matter what the rules say. Doing this unarmed in an urban crap hole does not make sense to me, especially unarmed.

Hope this helps to what I was getting at.

Regarding all of your concerns, it's no different than getting a taxi.

Colt191145lover
12-18-2015, 04:54 PM

Last time I checked Coeur d’Alene was rated the most dangerous city in Idaho. I imagine the trash coming over from Spokane is part of the problem.

SecondsCount
12-18-2015, 06:02 PM
Last time I checked Coeur d’Alene was rated the most dangerous city in Idaho. I imagine the trash coming over from Spokane is part of the problem.

LOL. You would think Idaho Falls or Twin Falls would take that prize. I have been to Coeur d’Alene and found it to be a nice place. I also lived in the Chicago suburbs for 20 years and it makes Coeur d’Alene look like a theme park filled with unicorns and lollipops. :cool:

Colt191145lover
12-18-2015, 06:24 PM
lol no doubt compared to other big cites!

Rodney Ledbetter
12-21-2015, 01:12 AM
what is your proof? any one can say anything. Prove it...

Dagga Boy
12-21-2015, 12:13 PM
I was tossed between Coeur d'Alene and Dallas when I left California (family in both) and I ended up choosing Dallas. I mean I saw all those pictures from CDA with cocaine everywhere. Piled up in yards, on highways, the forests.....everywhere, cocaine for as far as the eye could see. They had special trucks to push the cocaine out the road so people could drive. As a native SoCal person, I was appalled at how much cocaine was there.

Colt191145lover
12-21-2015, 01:03 PM
I love snow er um "cocaine " ! Im a "endangered species " known as the North Idaho native so it works :cool:

Colt191145lover
12-21-2015, 01:09 PM
what is your proof? any one can say anything. Prove it...

This is were i read it .
http://www.roadsnacks.net/most-dangerous-cities-in-idaho/

http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/hbo/2014/sep/17/cda-most-dangerous-idaho-town/

http://www.cdapress.com/news/local_news/article_04aec28c-5adb-51ff-abfd-bc72ff26157f.html

Rodney Ledbetter
06-16-2017, 09:50 AM
Props to the local guys and LE in general!
http://www.cdapress.com/article/20170616/ARTICLE/170619837

Totem Polar
06-16-2017, 10:51 AM
I imagine the trash coming over from Spokane is part of the problem.

Well, I go over to Cd'A all the time in the summer, so there is that.

Seriously though, it's a nice place. But one does need to check their 6 after dark; typical small-town drug issues combined with world-wide tourism makes for a little bit of that corn feeder thing that Bolke mentioned. I was flat-out told by local LE not to go near their downtown park (tubbs hill) after dark because people get robbed of their Rolexes and iphones all the time.

That said I love the place. No, scratch that...I meant to say that it's a rural shithole... nobody even think of moving there. Unless you're a p-f site supoorter or something. :D