PDA

View Full Version : Need a Question Answered.

kcevans
12-07-2015, 10:02 PM
I have a Glock 19 3 Gen I recently acquired. I haven't been able to get use to carrying it, I like DA/SA pistols. I have a offer to trade the G19 and an older Kahr CM9 for a P2000 9mm, I curious of what everybody's thoughts are, keep the Glock and Kahr or get the HK.
I have been carrying my PX4 Compact 9mm for several years and never have gotten use to the Glock.

spinmove_
12-07-2015, 10:06 PM
Honestly, I sold off a G19 Gen 3 once before and I regret it, big time. That's just me, however. If you're truly sold on selling/trading it and those were your options I would personally opt for the P2000. However if you've been carrying a PX4c for several years and you're loving it, why not just get another PX4c as a backup?

breakingtime91
12-07-2015, 11:16 PM
I have a Glock 19 3 Gen I recently acquired. I haven't been able to get use to carrying it, I like DA/SA pistols. I have a offer to trade the G19 and an older Kahr CM9 for a P2000 9mm, I curious of what everybody's thoughts are, keep the Glock and Kahr or get the HK.
I have been carrying my PX4 Compact 9mm for several years and never have gotten use to the Glock.

is the p2000 used?

Sero Sed Serio
12-08-2015, 12:07 AM
Given that P2000s are going for about 599 NIB, you're taking a pretty good hit dollars and cents-wise.

Is the Glock reliable/does it throw brass at your head? There's something to be said for a gun that's a known quantity.

kcevans
12-08-2015, 06:59 AM
Its used with Night Sights and 6 magazines

Mike C
12-08-2015, 08:06 AM
Like others have stated the P2000 itself is running somewhere between $550-600 new. Mags you can pick up at CDNN for $25 a piece. If you look around you can sometimes find them for $19 a piece. If the night sights are Meprolights they run about $70 from amazon brand new, HD's $149. If you are looking at straight value I just can't see trading off two for one. If you bought everything new with shipping it would run you close to $800 with shipping and what not maybe a little more or less. But that is new retail. Not used.

jck397 made a good point about a gun that's a known quantity. If the Glock is reliable I could see no reason to rid yourself of it. If you just want to change, or run a DA/SA better then go for it but I certainly wouldn't be giving the person your working a to trade with two guns for one. If you really need to divest yourself of the Glock, maybe the 19 with a few extra bucks would work, or if he/she wants both maybe some cash on their end? Just my .02, hopefully I was helpful.

OnionsAndDragons
12-09-2015, 11:07 AM
Unless that P2K has pretty new Trij HDs, I think your trade partner isn't being realistic. He probably bought the P2K when they were way more expensive and can't let that idea go.

I love my P2000s, but if you want TDA you are better off sticking w the Beretta or looking for a USPc. IMO, the P-series triggers can be made OK with some springs and such, but the USP can actually be made into something very nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JodyH
12-09-2015, 11:35 AM
Used Kahr CM9's aren't much for holding their value.
Not saying yay or nay on the trade, just adding a data point.

OnionsAndDragons
12-09-2015, 12:32 PM

That's a good point.

Maybe worth more consideration if the OP doesn't every carry the Kahr. If he does, I'd still feel awful about that trade personally.

If you really don't like the Glock, just sell it to a dude that wants one. As long as it's not beat to hell, they don't lose that much value. Use cash for appropriate future acquisition.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike C
12-10-2015, 08:37 AM

Yeah good point, I completely missed that and was thinking PM9.

psalms144.1
12-10-2015, 09:56 PM
It's really hard to set a trade where everybody feels like they're doing OK. I've had several offers on guns recently, and it turns out that we all value what we have a little too highly. More and more, it seems easier to just sell a pistol outright for a fair price, and do cash deals on what you're buying.

In this case, I think your trading partner with the P2000 probably bought it when they were $900 guns. They're $600 pistols now, so the trade seems a LITTLE uneven at this point.

OTOH, if you hate what you have, and don't shoot/carry them, what real "value" are they, as opposed to a pistol you might enjoy and use? Tough call either way.