PDA

View Full Version : Question for Todd G

Dismas316
12-06-2015, 07:48 PM
Fairly to to the forum and have been readlng a ton of the quality posts. Many of the post in the past from Todd G have been about the da/sa manual of arms and many of the benefits, Todd has been an advocate of this and I'm curious as to when and why you made he switch to the g19 ( more specifically to striker fired) Maybe it's been discussed here in the past so apologize if this old news to most. Thanks

JSGlock34
12-06-2015, 08:28 PM
Todd posted this in his training journal (https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?2150-ToddG-s-Journal-Breaking-the-Cardboard-Ceiling/page43) about a year ago. He returned to the 9mm 1911s for a period before going to the Glock 19. His training journal has more details on what lead to his current choice in sidearm.

The absolutely awesome SIG that Bill Riehl did up for me simply isn't cooperating with the limitations I have with my right arm in terms of dexterity and more importantly finger strength. I shot Dot Torture at 5yd tonight and almost passed out trying to fire the SHO DA shot. Even 2H it is just too great a struggle. While part of me thinks keep working at it, it's good physical therapy the more rational part of me realizes I need a self-defense pistol I can rely on now rather than months from now, if ever.

Light first shot pull, .22 kits available in timely fashion, AIWB safe... looks like I'll be going Glock or 1911 in the very near future.

Dismas316
12-06-2015, 08:47 PM
Todd posted this in his training journal (https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?2150-ToddG-s-Journal-Breaking-the-Cardboard-Ceiling/page43) about a year ago. He returned to the 9mm 1911s for a period before going to the Glock 19. His training journal has more details on what lead to his current choice in sidearm.

Thanks, I figured there were probably post regarding this. Also did he have some type of injury? I'll read the journals to catch up.

Dismas316
12-06-2015, 09:15 PM
Thank you all for the quick response and information. I didn't realize what Todd has gone through. Sorry for the dumb question now that I see the links. Man what a difficult situation to go through. Glad he's doing better.

nycnoob
12-06-2015, 09:16 PM
Thanks, I figured there were probably post regarding this. Also did he have some type of injury? I'll read the journals to catch up.

Todd also maintains a sister site: Pistol-Training.com. He is very private about his personal life but did publish this a while back:

http://pistol-training.com/archives/7675

We’re Sorry to Interrupt This Program…

13-Dec-12 – 18:45 by ToddG

As some of you know, in 2006 I was diagnosed with cancer and had a kidney removed. About a year ago it came back — the cancer, not the kidney! — and in May of this year I had lung surgery. Now scans show there is more and rather than hunt for it surgically, the docs said I should start a more aggressive treatment. The process involves up to four week-long hospital stays separated by a couple of weeks each. Unfortunately, during this time I won’t be able to shoot or travel.

http://pistol-training.com/archives/9130

Starting From Scratch … Again

3-Oct-14 – 17:55 by ToddG

As many of you know, eight weeks ago I had my right elbow completely replaced. The titanium elbow is a fairly new and uncommon procedure, with the mechanism itself costing about $20,000 (thank you, insurance company!). The surgery required a lot of moving and stretching of the nerves in my arm and I literally had to relearn how to move my elbow, wrist, and fingers.

(I see Tom posted first, if you wish to delete my post as redundant, please feel free)

Luke
12-06-2015, 09:31 PM
Why did he need robo elbow? Just curious..

JM Campbell
12-06-2015, 09:46 PM
Read posts above yours wannabe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Cool Breeze
12-08-2015, 10:19 PM
does he still participate in the forum? I haven't seen him post in awhile.

KevinB
12-09-2015, 10:43 AM

Generally no, he has retired from the site. We are hoping for his return though.

okie john
12-09-2015, 11:35 AM

You can feel his presence.

Okie John

hufnagel
12-09-2015, 07:23 PM
And we are diminshed by his absence.