PDA

View Full Version : Raven Morrigan Holster

saints75
12-06-2015, 06:22 PM
I saw this on Raven's Facebook page and looked it up on their website. I was wondering if anyone is using this holster and if they are, what they think of it.
Thanks

vaspence
12-06-2015, 08:36 PM
I just purchased one today for a G43. I've only owned for 8 hours or so. I've been wearing it the last 6 hours AIWB and it's working for me as far as comfort even though not designed as AIWB. The holster comes with a velcro wrap to adjust tension, I cut a piece of foam and made a wedge to attach to it. It definitely is keeping the holster tucked in. The holster is long enough to help prevent the gut pushing it out, with wedge or without. I'll update when I get to the range but for me I know it'll be a bit slower than a 19 in a Shaggy, etc. due to grip size, the holster keeping the bottom of the grip closer to the belt line and that it encloses the slide all the way to the top preventing me from getting my thumb onto the left side of the pistol on initial acquisition of the pistol. That's all I have right now, not bad for a $50 off the shelf holster from a known maker.

Cecil Burch
12-07-2015, 11:41 AM
I was a beta tester for it and have had it for a few weeks. It is a solid holster. It was very comfortable as a standard IWB. Very clean lines, and has a minimal amount of material as possible.

I've done some BJJ sparring in it to run tests to see if it can take a pounding, and it is passing with flying colors. I will have some video up soon of some of the testing.

I like it a lot, enough to already start begging RCS to make them for other guns ASAP!

saints75
12-08-2015, 02:24 PM
I'll try it out. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

martin_j001
02-01-2016, 09:18 AM
Reviving an older thread with hope for a future modification to the Morrigan... I tried one myself, and it didn't work out for what I wanted/needed. If it had the ability to use the Claw from the Eidolon, I'd be wearing it today. RCS, if you happen to see this, add this feature! :) I've been carrying IWB (~3:30-4) with an Eidolon for over a year now and have been extremely pleased with it's ability to conceal a full size firearm.

Clusterfrack
02-01-2016, 09:43 AM
I just purchased one today for a G43. I've only owned for 8 hours or so. I've been wearing it the last 6 hours AIWB and it's working for me as far as comfort even though not designed as AIWB. The holster comes with a velcro wrap to adjust tension, I cut a piece of foam and made a wedge to attach to it. It definitely is keeping the holster tucked in. The holster is long enough to help prevent the gut pushing it out, with wedge or without. I'll update when I get to the range but for me I know it'll be a bit slower than a 19 in a Shaggy, etc. due to grip size, the holster keeping the bottom of the grip closer to the belt line and that it encloses the slide all the way to the top preventing me from getting my thumb onto the left side of the pistol on initial acquisition of the pistol. That's all I have right now, not bad for a $50 off the shelf holster from a known maker.

I'm using the Morrigan for my 43 as well. It's working really well. I have to hang the wedge off the bottom of the holster to keep the muzzle tipped out.

https://pistol-forum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5719&d=1454254984