PDA

View Full Version : USPSA Holster and Mag Pouch Rule Change

PPGMD
12-01-2015, 11:35 AM
This actually makes it a lot easier as it uses something that every RO should have on them or in their range bag at a match.

jetfire
12-01-2015, 11:38 AM
...that's really smart. You're sure this approved by the BoD?

PPGMD
12-01-2015, 12:00 PM
...that's really smart. You're sure this approved by the BoD?

It was in the section "Approval of DNROI rulings" and listed as passed in the November BOD minutes. They also formalized punishments for infractions of the holster/mag pouch position rule.

Also Caleb have you heard about the Bianchi Cup changes?

PPGMD
12-03-2015, 02:26 PM
Ok on update on this, they are on hold due to the recent update of Limited/L10 to allow 357 SIG in major.

So they won't take affect for another year at least. Which is a little annoying, but it is better than the IDPA make large changes to the rules a day or two before a major match.

http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-announcements-details.php?Rulings-on-holster-distance-USPSA-Handgun-Rules-231

Rulings on holster distance, USPSA Handgun Rules

The two board-approved rulings increasing distance from the belt for all USPSA Handgun divisions have
been moved from “released” status to “held”. They will not be in effect until they have been marked
as “released”. This is due to a conflict with the USPSA bylaws which prescribe that division rule changes
can only be made every two years. In September of 2014, the USPSA BOD approved .357 Sig for Major
power factor in Limited and L10 Divisions, effective January 2015 (Appendices D2 and D3, #5).

Per bylaw 16.2:

16.2 Competition Equipment Rules Modifications:
Changes to U.S. Division rules affecting personal competition equipment shall be adopted for a specific
Division no more frequently than every two years except as may be required to comply with federal laws.
Those changes must be published in the corporate newsletter three months prior to effective date.
the changes to the holster distances cannot be put into effect for Limited and L10, and it makes no sense
to put them into effect for some divisions and not others. I apologize for the oversight and any
confusion this may cause. The USPSA Board of Directors will be meeting in January, and this item will be
on the agenda for discussion.

The ruling concerning the penalty for non-compliance with the distance requirements will be effective
on 12/08/2015.

Note: I think this is an exception of the forum's copyright rules so they aren't a news organization, and would want this passed around widely.

jetfire
12-04-2015, 12:50 PM
Also Caleb have you heard about the Bianchi Cup changes?

Just rumblings, I was in comms blackout during the Cup and no one but me really covers it online, so there's no good resource to go and find the information.

PPGMD
12-04-2015, 01:46 PM
Just rumblings, I was in comms blackout during the Cup and no one but me really covers it online, so there's no good resource to go and find the information.

Well even if you weren't away, most of it is has been background rumbling because the NRA Pistol Division doesn't actually want to communicate with the outside world for some reason. And they don't understand this new social media thing.

What has been confirmed:
Multi-gun agg is gone
Colt Speed Event is gone
The top X (likely 4) from each non-open division and category, and Top 16 overall will have to shoot the events again, and their combined score determines who gets the trophies

Unconfirmed since the final vote is next month but mentioned by Dennis in his magazine column:
Shooting starts on Tuesday, while Friday and Saturday are the days for the Super Squads mark II shoots the events again

They claim that this will make the cup more exciting and more marketable to the shooting media. He is pushing this forward despite the protestations of many of the shooters, and the Fluster Cluck of a sponsor situation last year.

jetfire
12-04-2015, 02:11 PM
I heard about the sponsor situation, MidwayUSA pointedly bailing on the awards ceremony definitely got back to me. I hadn't heard about the one-day shoot off format; I have mixed feelings about that. I think that if the goal is to shake up who wins the damn thing, it's the best way to do that.