PDA

View Full Version : Group Buy Signup for FLC Knives "F" Series Knife/Training Package

FLC Knives
11-29-2015, 02:08 PM
Hey Guys,
I've posted the group buy in my sub-forum.
https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?18145-Group-Buy-Signup-for-FLC-Knives-quot-F-quot-Series-Knife-Training-Package

FLC Knives
12-06-2015, 02:29 PM
Hey Guys,
I've been sick for the last week or so and had lots of time to think about the various projects I'm working on.
What has occurred to me is that I may be going about all of this the wrong way. My primary objective is to learn and evolve so that I can make good tools for peacemakers. Money is secondary, I already have a full time job.
So what I'm asking for is more feedback, this time in regards to how I approach the business end of things. I'm not here to push a particular product but what I would like to know is if anyone is interested in the knife design you guys have been so helpful in improving?
If so, great. If not, that's great too because we then know what not to do and can move on from there. Do you guys like the idea of having an idea pitched on the forum, giving design feedback and then getting first chance to purchase at a reduced rate through a group buy? I'd be happy to run all my designs that way as you guys have been super helpful and its a fun way to offer you something in return for what you helped create.
I hope that I have succeeded in putting into words what I'm trying to say in a way that will be received the way its intended.
Thank you for your time.

Edited to ad: please help me understand what you, the end user wants so I can better serve the peacemaker community.

OnionsAndDragons
12-06-2015, 10:58 PM
I think this could be a really effective method of market development. It's an idea well worth trying, for sure.

I would also urge you to reach out to some of the members with more edged weapons expertise, and maybe organize a little pass around where you could ship something out for hands on feedback. Some of these guys have a lot to add to a design conversation. Looking at a comparative photo or design schematic is good, but having it in hand is best. Some things just can't be quantified by the numbers.

Hope that input helps/makes sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FLC Knives
12-07-2015, 10:21 AM
I think this could be a really effective method of market development. It's an idea well worth trying, for sure.

I would also urge you to reach out to some of the members with more edged weapons expertise, and maybe organize a little pass around where you could ship something out for hands on feedback. Some of these guys have a lot to add to a design conversation. Looking at a comparative photo or design schematic is good, but having it in hand is best. Some things just can't be quantified by the numbers.

Hope that input helps/makes sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like this idea! what do you guys think?
Thanks OnionsAndDragons!